111

Dec 29, 2007

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have a great way to cap off this extraordinary year with a bang, as there is a brand new clip from the upcoming J.K. Rowling documentary where the Harry Potter author provides new information about the second generation of Hogwarts students as contained in the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In this video which you can view here via our galleries, Jo clearly draws out the family tree of some familiar characters, answering long awaited questions from many fans about the family lives of some beloved surviving characters in the final Harry Potter novel(spoiler caution to those who have not finished Deathly Hallows).You can see the handwritten tree from JRK here in our image galleries

(Update: Thanks to TLC reader Bel we know the family tree is also now on JKRowling.com behind the door in her study.Please note Jo has added a new portion for Draco Malfoy) . JKR says of her need to have the series planned out with this much detail, noting “I can’t help it’ says Jo. “You know what it was like, it was like running a race, and you get to the finishing line and you’re running too fast to stop, so I do know what happened afterwards and I couldn’t stop my imagination doing that. So I know this sounds an awful lot of detail to go into for your own satisfaction and not because you’re planning to write more books, but that’s just how it was I couldn’t stop, I had to know ’ I had to know what happened next.”

Jo is asked in the video clip if this whole new generation of characters means additional Hogwarts books could be written, however Jo puts an end to this saying no. JKR replied: “Yeah,¦don’t, don’t, don’t, it can’t be. I think no, it’s time to stop, it’s time to stop now. It gives me a certain satisfaction to say what I thought happened and to tell other people that, because I would like my version to be the official version still, even though I’ve not written it in a book, because it’s my world.” JK Rowling…A Year in the Life will be broadcast on UK channel ITV1 December 30 at 7pm

36 Responses to Second Harry Potter Generation Information Revealed:New Clip from J.K Rowling Documentary

Avatar Image says:

The names of all the children, and the other snippets of information in the clip are great to know.

Avatar Image says:

These bits and pieces that TLC are putting together are driving me crazy!!!! I wish they would broadcast it here in the US! It’s not like she is only popular across the Pond!

Avatar Image says:

Ack, why isn’t this showing up on the main page? Anyway this clip is amazing but it’s brutal having to watch this documentary in little pieces! Can’t wait for it to air, just a couple more days now thank goodness!

And I really love hearing all of this extra info from Jo, and I hope the few naysayers won’t stop her from telling us everything. We really do want to know!!

Avatar Image says:

This entry isn’t showing up on the main page for me either.

But I did love this, I loved learning awhat all the Weasley kids named their kids and Harry and Ginny’s children’s middle names. I knew it’d be James Sirius! And Lily Luna is adorable after their good friend Luna.

Avatar Image says:

does audrey have surname???

Avatar Image says:

Yay, George married Angelina! And Charlie didn’t marry at all, that’s a shame!

Avatar Image says:

Why, oh why, oh WHY is this not being shown in the US?! I would LOVE to see this… It looks so amazing.

Avatar Image says:

OMG! This is amazing, so much new info!!!

George married Angelina? Ahhh that’s so twisted! But really cute too? oh and poor Draco’s kid has the most messed up name ever, lmao… AHHH.

Avatar Image says:

George married Angelina! That’s awesome!

Lily Luna!

What’s that? No, of course I’m not crying…got something in my eye, that’s all…

Avatar Image says:

Boy what agood clip. I wish someone knew when or if it is going to be prodcasted in the USA. Everyone across the pond will be talking about it and we would not have seen it yet. RIDICULOUS>

Avatar Image says:

Percy didn’t marry Penelope. Oh, well! I wonder who she ended up marrying?

Avatar Image says:

James’s middle name is Sirius! Haha, point for me! Scorpius Hyperion….good god, the Malfoys have a great taste in naming! And I just love that Luna and Rolf had unique names, too! This is so awesome!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that’s interesting!!! A Christmas present after all!

Avatar Image says:

Ha! Percy named his daughter Molly. That (and the loads of grandkids) should make her quite happy!

Avatar Image says:

Twin sons for Luna! Awesome.

Avatar Image says:

So… This was filmed before or after the “outing” in NYC? If before, wow. And do you think her fan reation story is true?

reaction

Avatar Image says:

Well, I do not see the necessity for “The Next Generation”. The Potterverse is now perfect, Harry the superhero, managing family and job, always making the “right” decisions, no troubles, no problems, Ginny shuts up while he speaks to his son. So everything is totally perfect.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for posting – there is no way I am going to be able to see this otherwise (I don’t think it’s going to be broadcast here in Australia!) It’s great to know a little more about the families of these characters – but I don’t think another ‘next generation’ book is necessary. The 7 are perfect as they are :)

Avatar Image says:

This is great information. I am a sucker for this kind of details. But one thing: we now know the middle name of Draco´s child but not the middle names of Ron and Hermione´s children?? Two thirds of the trio :-) I soo hope she will reveal these middle names anytime soon. I would not want to wait for the Scottish Book. :lol: But great news. Thank you so much for everything J.K. Rowling (and thanks the Leaky folks for bringing us the news)

Happy New Year to all. This year was´t too good on me, I hope next will be a bit better and I hope all of you have a fantastic 2008 also.

Avatar Image says:

What about Neville and Hannah?

I want to know if they had kids. I can’t believe she left them out

=(

Avatar Image says:

OMG, this is amazing! The best way to end the year! It even broght tears to my eyes and I don’t know why! Thank you Jo for making my day!!

Avatar Image says:

quote: because I would like my version to be the official version still, even though I’ve not written it in a book, because it’s my world.”

that’s her good right, but that always makes me happy. meaning, you get your own ideas, try to keep it canonclose and then she sweeps it from the table with her own pieces of canon…..please lady write “teh scottish book ” and make it definitive or else let us fans enough blanks to fill in accounding to our own by you inspired imagination.

Avatar Image says:

and then she write Fred’s year of death as 1997, which is a year before the battle that finished it all….. about paying attention, pooh.

Avatar Image says:

kamion: “oh.” she is called Victoire, because she is born on the anniversery of the battle that finished it all, which is on the 2nd of may, for those who have payed attention.”

Yes, I noticed that as well. I think (hope) she didn´t mean it as it came across. LoL. I am sure we all have been paying attention and in the book it says, in the first paragraph of ‘Gringotts’, that it is the beginning of May. The beginning of May is not necessarily the 1st of May, which it would have been, if the final Battle took place that night and into the next day, May 2nd. The beginning of May could describe each day in the first May week, IMO. So the date was not completely clear. :-) But yes, she tends to mix up dates, I find that quite endearing. I would be intimidated had she got it all right.

Avatar Image says:

I am so glad, this will be broadcast in the Netherlands as well. (On 1 January from 19:15 to 20:20 hrs on Nederland 2, in the programme called “Het uur van de Wolf”, in case you’re wondering).

So, you guys in the US and Australia, don’t give up hope yet. It may be broadcast there as well, some time soon. Or maybe you can ask a TV station to purchase it.

Avatar Image says:

George married Angelina?? O_o But wasn’t in the books implied that Fred and Angelina liked each other?? Isn’t that like cheating on Fred?? XD

Ron and Hermione only had 2 children!! =( I always thought they would go for a bigger family!! T_T

Avatar Image says:

BTW, do you think that Audrey is Fleur’s relative?? Audrey is a French name, isn’t it?? :?

Avatar Image says:

Rather boring documentary. However, Neil talks!!! We get to meet her sis and see Jo cooking. Otherwise, nothing we haven’t seen footage of before. I wanted to see what goes on behind/after the book-writing – a better glimpse into her life. Oh and a tour round her house!! But, nope didn’t happen. Don’t worry people in the US, you didn’t miss much.

Avatar Image says:

Any chance of this thing being up on youtube or any of the fansites anytime soon? I’m debating whether or not to pay for access to streaming UK channels.

Avatar Image says:

I just watched the documentary and it was great! The juiciest bit of info was definitely the family tree. The rest was about Jo and writing which was great, but the family tree was the best Harry bit!!

Avatar Image says:

Did you notice her comment about Harry’s son, Albus Severus!? She said, he was the one she was most interested in…...could that mean she’s planning on writing something about him in the future? Why else would she say that? You know, she always leaves us a hint…...and THAT may be one!

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone notice that the family tree in the documentary is different from the one in the Room of Requirement? No different details unfortunately … the one in the RoR’s just a bit neater and clearer.

Avatar Image says:

Enough is enough. Anyway, a Harry-Potter-Soap could make nice money.

Avatar Image says:

I think its makes it realistic that she had one of the Weasley not marry. Not all people marry and have children. I love it Mulatto Weasley’s

Write a Reply or Comment