The Ace of Cakes Meets PotterCast

232

Jan 20, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Many readers have owled regarding the season premiere of the Ace of Cakes program on the Food Network that will feature a very special cake, and brief interviews with some of the actors from the Harry Potter movies including Dan Radcliffe. Created by Duff, aka The Ace of Cakes, this special Hogwarts Castle cake was featured at the party held after the premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in Los Angeles, California on July 8, 2007. Duff will join PotterCast this week where we learn more on the amazing journey that took the cake from the Charm City Cakes bakery in Baltimore, MD to sunny LA for this glittering event.

In a fun interview with John Noe and this editor, we discuss our adventures at the after party (photos of the setting here in our galleries), and also learn that Rupert Grint likes his cake and wants to eat the cake too! The “Ace of Cakes” program featuring the Harry Potter Hogwarts cake will air on cable channel The Food Network Thursday, January 24 at 10:30pm ET.

Editor’s note: While I can attest that the cake was quite delicious, I believe John Noe ate the entire Astronomy tower, but that is still up for debate. Perhaps it was only part of the hospital wing ; )

39 Responses to The Ace of Cakes Meets PotterCast

Avatar Image says:

(first post, unless someone beats me by a few seconds)

O.O that’s amazing!

Wow

Avatar Image says:

I love Ace of Cakes. It is one of my favorite shows and I live about an hour away from his bakery. Can’t wait for the interview

Avatar Image says:

Duff is so very awesom as is Ace of Cakes. I’m really looking forward to hearing him on PotterCast. Great get guys!

Awesome, not awesom…Geez!

Avatar Image says:

This is why Pottercast is so freakin’ awesome! Not only do they score interviews with people from the books and films (lets not forget Jo Rowling herself hehe), but also interviews with spectacular cake decorators! When they say everything Harry Potter, they MEAN everything Harry Potter. Pottercast Rocks!!

Avatar Image says:

Duff on Pottercast? How very, very AWESOME!!! I can’t wait! Ace of Cakes is one of my favorite shows on Food Network (the FN Challenge being my all-time fave).

Can’t wait for the Pottercast and the season premiere of Ace of Cakes!

Avatar Image says:

I just have to say that the pictures of the “blue” common room from the LA after-party are amazing. Thanks for linking them.

Avatar Image says:

So I need to know if Duff dressed in wizards robes while making this cake…cause I remember the Scottish ‘beastie’ cake he did for a couples Scottish themed wedding, and he took to wearing a kilt and having bagpipers in the bakery. He’s a man who really goes with his themes!

I love Duff, it’s awesome he’s on Pottercaste!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! I LOOVE Ace of Cakes! marks calendar with glee :)

Pottercast + Duff = Love

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE Ace of Cakes!!! I would LOVE to have a cake made by ANYONE there. Plus this episode airs on my birthday!! Yay! And I just recently got hooked on Pottercast (I just got a mp3 player a few weeks ago, I know I’m behind but with a kid…well) I’ve been listening to all the old episodes. Yay! Too much night time sugar.

Jade

Avatar Image says:

ZOMG!!!!!! I saw the promo on Food Network last week and died of joy! I can’t wait!!!! My two HP and AoC together Mwahaha! Why isn’t Mary Alice and Geof on the podcast too? I can’t wait!! SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Definitely looking forward to that interview…shame I can’t eat that cake…I wonder if Duff included Hagrid’s hutt and the herbology greenhouses…

Avatar Image says:

So, Suze, did you attack the Hogwarts kitchen in an effort to free the house elves? Wow, the whole Astronomy Tower, huh? From the ramparts to the foundations? Does John never get a stomach ache? And, will this podcast be out before the show airs this Thursday? That will absolutely maximize the awesome!

Avatar Image says:

I would like to eat that Hogwarts cake…..njam

Avatar Image says:

i agree with everyone!!! This is most astronomicall!!! I ABSOLUTALY CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THIS EPISODE!!! THANKS pottercast, always amazing!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that’s amazing! It looks way too amazing to eat!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait for PotterCast! I love watching The Ace of Cakes, so I’m excited to hear Duff on PC! That’s really cool that you could get that interview.

Avatar Image says:

that sounds like it’s going to be a whole lot of AWESOME.

yessss.

susie.

Avatar Image says:

Cut me off the clock tower!

Avatar Image says:

omg this is sooo awsome, i love the show, and i love harry potter, so what could be better???

dies of joy

Avatar Image says:

Ace of Cakes is one of my favorite shows! I have been waiting for this episode to happen, because they had the picture of the Hogwarts cake on their website. But then they did an episode about Hairspray, which technically happened afterward, so I got worried. But yay, it’s finally here! I’m so excited!

Avatar Image says:

Ooh ooh, I LOVE Ace of Cakes!! I cannot wait to catch this episode, thanks Leaky!

Avatar Image says:

That truely is amazing and its making me very hungry looking at it but I agree I would have to take lots of pictures and like frame it before I ate it because that is just miraculous, all the little details and stuff look really cool.

Avatar Image says:

Harry Potter and Ace of Cakes! Two of my favorite things ever!!! I always wonder if I would actually be able to eat Duff’s cakes, though, because they’re gorgeous, and I would be afraid to ruin it…. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to watch itt :)

Avatar Image says:

awesome! unfortunately, i don’t have cable tv though. i’m very sad now. sniff

Avatar Image says:

SWEET! Love watching Ace of Cakes, and I admit to having a little crush on Duff. :P

Can’t wait to hear the interview … and see the episode on TV. :D

Love you PC!

Avatar Image says:

omg i love ace of cakes i cant wait to watch it squeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! harry potter and foodnetwork together what a beautiful thing

Avatar Image says:

I really want to see it. It must have been so cool to be there. I’d have been like Rupert.

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE this cake!! But how could you possibly EAT such a MASTERPIECE?!!

If it were mine I would keep it forever and ever; it is sooooooo beautiful!!!!

I also really enjoyed seeing’ the pictures of the “set” for the after-party; especially the “enchanted” ceiling and the wall of prophecy orbs.

omg i like so totaly love that Hogwarts cake AWESOME

Avatar Image says:

Um, the two greatest joys in my life have collided. I saw they were making a cake for HP and almost died. But Duff, freaking on Pottercast? It’s too amazing for words.

Avatar Image says:

OH MY! The photos are incredible! And Duff made the cake? That’s just the best! dies

I’ve set the alarms to remind me NOT to miss this episode! Thanks for the interview & the pics! You guys rock~

G

Avatar Image says:

YAY!! PotterCast rules!!! I’m so watching this show tomorrow.

Avatar Image says:

that show was so much fun. The (non-edible) castle was gorgeous and the (edible) landscaping was beautiful. Loved when Duff said he wished he could just say “Locomotor Cake.” And Mary Alice’s magical power is “to get Duff to do what he needs to do.” LOL!

Avatar ImagetaystarHP says: I have to eat this cake. It is my dream. LOL