116

Feb 17, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Toy Fair 08 is currently underway in New York City, where manufacturers preview their new products for the upcoming year, and on display are a few new Harry Potter items.

First, Gentle Giant has revealed a Fred and George Weasley mini bust 2-pack, and a rather alarming Remus Lupin “werewolf variant mini bust.” UPDATE: They are also offering the Tri-Wizard Champions set, featuring Hufflepuff great Cedric Diggory, Victor Krum, Fleur and Harry PotterYou can see photos of these items here courtesy of Cool Toy Reviews and Figures.com. These items will be limited in availability; more information on this here. Others on display include this very limited edition of Voldemort and Harry. Others due to be released soon include the Tonks, McGonagall and Lupin (non-werewolf state).

Also, NECA, who hold the North American license for Harry Potter action figures and more, have updated to say they will be revealing those five new Harry Potter figures we told you about previously. Photos are due soon, and we will update once they are available. Please note, as stated on their MySpace page, the company will NOT be revealing any of the new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince items at Toy Fair this week alas.

21 Responses to Toy Fair 08: New Gentle Giant Fred, George, Lupin Mini-Busts, New NECA Figures and More

Avatar Image says:

Quite a cool set overall, but not up to the standards I’ve seen, in other figures. I still prefer Toner, for “reality” of features. Can’t wait to see the next NECA set!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t like how they decided to design Remus Lupin’s figure transforming into a werewolf. Sure, it’s a part of what he is but not who he is. (I suppose it makes for an exciting design, as far as marketing goes, however.)

I’m probably complaining about something really insignificant, but if I were to purchase a Prof. Lupin doll I’d like to see his gentle smile instead.

Avatar Image says:

“Hufflepuff great Cedric Diggory,” Very unbiased and level reporting there Sue. ;) I know some people might see the likes of Victor and Fluer as dangerous in different ways but in all fairness in these pictures they look quite ‘armless.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t usually comment on Leaky, because I don’t feel I usually have anything to say that hasn’t already been said.

However, I am leaving for NYC today and will be attending Toy Fair for work. I was able to take pictures in the NECA booth last year and will ask to do so again this year. The company I work for has done business with them this year, so they should like us :-)

I don’t know if I’ll get any pictures that are better than what you already see, but I could always give my take on the toys once I see them in person, if anyone is interested.

Cheers!

Avatar Image says:

I want the Voldy doll. So evil….yet so cute somehow…..

Avatar Image says:

Christina, I agree with you. If they were to make Lupin a werewolf fine, but this image although does resemble actor David Thelwis (sp). This image makes him seem deranged and horrible. I jumped back slightly since my mental image of the man is a gentle soul, with a mischeivous side.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t like what I see: it could be the high resolution of the photo’s that distorts the figures, but I do have a few HP figures decorating my comp and these new releases won’t join tat company. Somehow it completely missed a likeness with the characters and in case of Harry and Cedric it went for a standard prettyboy. Lupin? sorry horrible. One never can expect a 100% likeness in a 6 inch figurine… but these make me shiver.

Avatar Image says:

Very nice stuff, and this is coming from someone who usually can’t stand photo-realistic figures.

I still say someone should step up and make some animated-style toys, ala PoC, Star Wars, and Marvel. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Avatar Image says:

I see a Ginny bust! Awesome! Will buy when it’s available.

Avatar Image says:

Whoa, I have got to get me a Remus!!!

The new Lupin bust is horrid looking. He looks completely demented LOL

Avatar Image says:

I like how they got Bellatrix Lestrange’s crazy eyes and made Harry’s lip and facial features accurate. Also, how cool is it that the Fred character looks like James and the George character looks like Oliver?

Not that I’m biased towards the twins, mind you. ;)

Avatar Image says:

The twin ones really are great! At first I didn’t think so, but after looking again, they really do look like James and Oliver Phelps. And did anyone notice how scarily perfect the McGonagall one is?

Avatar Image says:

Remus looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Bellatrix looks so completely awesome. :) And the Weasley twins look really cute. haha :]

Avatar Image says:

Oh, Tani Ann, I know! McGonagall is soooooooo perfect! :) But Harry looks nothing like him, haha. XD Which is weird. And Cedric looks really good. =]

Avatar Image says:

9.5 inch perfectly lifelike McGonagall in my room?

Answer: yes!

Avatar Image says:

OMG I need to make a new savings account just for these bad boys… w00t! Exciting!!!

Avatar Image says:

McGonnagall!!!! Oh and Remus!!!!!!! They should have a Teddy Lupin.

Avatar Image says:

The Voldemort statue frieked me out when I saw it. I thought it was real. I have got to get one of those.

Fleur looks… french.

Avatar Image says:

On second thought, putting remus in the transforming stage is kinda weird.

Write a Reply or Comment