TV Watch: Grint, Tennant, Williams News and More

121

Mar 28, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have a few reminders and updates regarding a few members of the Harry Potter cast appearing on TV in the UK and US this weekend.

First, thanks to the many who emailed saying actor Rupert Grint will be appearing on the Al Murray’s Happy Hour program that will be broadcast on UK channel ITV 1 from 10:00pm to 11:00pm. We do not know if Rupert will discuss his role as Ron Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but if anyone can capture video please send it in! Also on at the same time alas, actor David Tennant (Barty Crouch Jr.) will be hosting the Friday Night Project on UK Channel 4.

A reminder that tomorrow the Nick Kids’ Choice awards will be broadcast on cable channel Nickelodeon tomorrow night at 8pm. While we do not believe at this point anyone from the Harry Potter cast is due to attend, the Harry Potter books have been nominated again for best book series, and we will update should they win.

Finally, in a new remake of Jane Austen’s classic Sense and Sensibility, actor Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley) will be appearing in the critically acclaimed new movie which will be broadcast Sunday night March 30 here in the US on PBS. (check listings for time).

Thanks to all who emailed!

39 Responses to TV Watch: Grint, Tennant, Williams News and More

Avatar Image says:

Al Murrey clashes with The Friday Night Project. I think I might watch TFNP instead because that’s what I usually watch on Fridays.

Avatar Image says:

One more thing: JLC and Alan Carr (presenters on TFNP) rock.

Avatar Image says:

They clssh but those with sky can watch friday night project on channel4 +1 an hour later. Love david tennant and rupert!

Avatar Image says:

both the friday night project and al murray are repeated on a saturday night anyway. both programmes are hilarious, what one to watch tonight?

Avatar Image says:

My friend runs a David Tennant fan site (www.tennatively.org. you should check it out, it’s pretty fantastic) so I knew about David already. Sadly, I probably won’t be seeing either because I’ll be out of the house. ):

Avatar Image says:

actually, I spelled that website wrong. it’s www.tennantively.org sorry about that.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert apparently wi’ll be talking about QUDDITCH during the interview at some point!!! I can’t wait for that.

It starts in about an hour or so. _

Avatar Image says:

thank god my plans 4 2nite were cancelled !! I’m watching both I can’t wait to see rupert on a show.. Its been a while wooooo :)

Avatar Image says:

I’ll be watching jonathan ross, but will try to catch david on the friday night project. Definitely wont be watching al murray, the guy is unfunny and gormless. Really don’t know why rupert would go on there.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, please, please somebody post something about Rupert and David’s appeareances after the shows! I’d love to see what Rupert has to say…so I hope there’s something on YouTube or a transcript or something here in Leaky!

Avatar Image says:

ooh, never hear of that…

Avatar Image says:

Yay I’m really excited about both of these! I’m hoping to watch Rupert first and then catch David on 4+1 Alas, I don’t have a DVD recorder – just a video recorder – so I can’t send in a video to leaky. Sorry!

Avatar Image says:

You can’t disarm mice Rupert!!!! Oh I love him.

Avatar Image says:

just watched rupert… Really funny couldn’t stop laughing.. I dont usually like al murray but that was hilarious!! and David tennant looks very handsome :)

Avatar Image says:

Now watching Rupert on Al Murray’s show…. But Al Murray ripped up a perfect condition DH hardback!!!! =O I’m horrified!!

Avatar Image says:

Haha wow that was hilarious i couldn’t stop laughing and usually there are some things Al says which i don’t find funny but that was just great. I know i was shocked when he ripped DH in half! I’m thinking Rupert realised after he’d said it that he probably shouldn’t have mentioned Dumbledore dying. I loved the innuendo about Rupert ‘waving his wand about’ like Dan in Equus.

Avatar Image says:

I love Sense and Sensibility, and the new one does look good, from the clips I’ve seen. But I’m not sure I can ever see anyone as Colonel Brandon other than Alan Rickman. But I’ll give it a chance. Thanks for the links.

Avatar Image says:

Becca – I was waiting for him to say ‘AK them’!

Avatar Image says:

Abs – He was just like Hagrid from PS! It was funny how he didn’t say anything else about the plot after that =)

Avatar Image says:

Haha i know mugglequeen he looked quite worried after he’d mentioned it. I was thinking more along the lines of Avada Kedavra but hey if he says mice can be disarmed…so be it!

Avatar Image says:

I’ll have to catch Al Murray and The Friday Night Project on Youtube cuz Im in da US, but Id so go with Friday Night cuz David Tennant’s on it….and Im a HUGE Doctor Who fan!!!!!!!! Rup rockz too:)

Avatar Image says:

I can thoroughly recommend the upcoming “Sense & Sensibility” on all counts, casting, acting, settings, costumes. The girls are played by actresses who are nearer the ages of the girls in Jane Austen’s book. I found that David Morissey, who played Colonel Brandon, grew on me.

Avatar Image says:

OMG! Put the stars on some…I don’t know…AMERICAN TV SHOWS!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

How can they remake Sense and Sensability? It’s my favorite version with Alan Rickman, Hugh Laurie, Emma Thompson, and Kate Winslet. It always makes me cry and laugh. To remake it is a travisty.

On another topic, Rupert isnt a very good interview. He always says nothing. I love him as an actor and he even seems like a really cool guy, but for any information he just stinks. Sorry.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert’s interview is currently being uploaded as I type this!

He discussed filming HBP very briefly and mentioned doing Quidditch and really like it. lol

He basically “spoiled” the ending to the movie when he told everyone Dumbledore dies. Al Murray was HORRIFIED. Rupert said it’s IN THE BOOK and everyone knows it’s gonna happen. Al said he doesn’t READ. lol The interview was crazy funny! Rupert mentioned that he was re-painting his ICE-CREAM truck. PIMPING IT UP!

AL usually offers his guests some BEER but Rupert only got some really juicy fat grapes. ROTF

Al asked him why he hasn’t gone crazy yet what with being a child star and all. Rupert joked around and said “I still have some time”! He was really funny and held his own up against a really loud character like Al Murray.

Rupert also did some the expelliamus spell with a wand! That bit was so funny because he really yelled it out! _ And they mentioned the DH movie being split in to two and Rupert agreed that it was the right thing to do because the book was just so big. That’s when Al took out a copy of the book (he had the entire HP Book set of all 7 books) and read a passage and then promptly RIPPED THE BOOK UP! OMG.

LOL. I just finished watching Rupert on Al Murray. It was funny. :D

Avatar Image says:

First part of the interview:

Second part is coming up!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you kl i can’t wait for part 2!

Avatar Image says:

Well the biggest TV watch out is of course NEXT Saturday, Doctor Who returns to BBC 1 on Saturday at 6:20BST. Not sure but I think David’s appearance on Friday Night Project is his second on the show, I seem to recall him cross dressing as Rose Tyler on one episode. Anyway I think it might be on 4OD (Smthing which thankfully DOES work here in Ireland.

Here’s part 2!!!!

Avatar Image says:

That’s was really funny. Rupert said his Expelliarmus well! Sounding tuff there Ron! I bet that’s how he’ll say it when he disarms Belatrix in Deathly Hallows. If wormtail can hold a wand he can disarm him! Then Al had the whole crowd do it. Haha! We dont have this show in America, but it kind of reminds of The Man Show that used to be on Comedy Central.

FNP > Al Murray. Mainly cus Tennant got Doctor Who fanfic read to him :D

Avatar Image says:

Aaah David Tennant.. why is he so ridiculously gorgeous? And funny. And witty. Sigh.

I’ll watch Rupert on the repeat tonight, but David in his skinny trousers and silk waistcoat took precedence. I only wish I could ruffle his hair.

Avatar Image says:

i watched David Tennant on the Friday Night Project, it was hilarious! also he is on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross next friday BBC1 10:35pm (UK)

Avatar Image says:

I know this is completely off topic, but has anyone else just watched Clay on BBC with Imelda Staunton in it? Really really weird but compelling viewing (and the lead boy was um.. nice..)

Avatar Image says:

I live in the US so hopefully both of these will be on youtube soon. I watched an old episode of David in all his hotness on the Friday Night Project so I’m excited that there’s another one out. I didn’t know they asked ppl to host twice but I don’t live in the UK so I guess I wouldn’t know.

Avatar Image says:

YES! YES! Someone did post the Friday Night Project. Sigh…

Avatar Image says: WAT UP DOE