Young Actor from “Half-Blood Prince” Tragically Killed (Updated)

115

May 24, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have some sad news today, regarding a young actor who is due to appear in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The Telegraph is reporting that Robert Knox, who plays the part of Ravenclaw student (and Slug Club hopeful) Marcus Belby, has been tragically killed in an incident that took place in London last night. The paper reports that 18 year old Robert Knox went to the aid of his younger brother, and was fatally stabbed in a knife incident in a bar in the Sidcup area near London, England. Police spokesman say “A man aged 21 has been arrested on suspicion of murder. He is being held in custody.” CBBC Newsround now has a statement from Warner Bros that echoes our thoughts here at TLC, as it reads “We are all shocked and saddened by this news and at this time our sympathies are with his family.” We will continue to follow this story and will update with more when we can.

UPDATE; While news of this story has now been carried world wide- more here in this video report from the AP- you can also read some of the tributes being paid to Robert Knox here in the Guardian. The paper notes the young actor, who had recently signed to reprise his role in “Deathly Hallows,” had tributes paid to him from six of the Potter actors. Quotage: “Robert’s best friend Nicky Jones, 19, who was stabbed through the hand by one of the knives allegedly used in the fight on Friday, said Robert had only finished filming his part last Tuesday. He said: “Rob loved acting and loved being part of Harry Potter. We used to go to the karaoke nights at the bar and we’d take the mick out of him by announcing ‘Good luck in Harry Potter, Rob’ and he used to hide. He didn’t like it when we went on about his acting.

“He was so good to everyone about it. He took loads of us up the location where they were shooting it, just to show them what it’s like,” he added. He said that about six cast members of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince had visited the scene of the killing to pay their respects on Saturday night. They had been due to work with him again: according one of Robert’s uncles, the teenager was already signed up for the next instalment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Brian Knox, 54, said: “Rob was a keen sportsman and budding actor. He was in the Harry Potter film and signed a deal to be in the next one as well. He had his whole life ahead of him.”

Thanks Milo and all who emailed.

326 Responses to Young Actor from “Half-Blood Prince” Tragically Killed (Updated)

Omg that is so sad :( R.I.P Robert :(

Avatar Image says:

Oh wow. That is so horrible. My thoughts go out to his family.

Avatar Image says:

Oh no, that’s very sad, hopefully his brother is all right. Rest in peace Robert.

Avatar Image says:

That’s terrible. He was trying to defend his brother and he got himself killed. HE was a good, loyal brother to his last day. May he be blessed.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that’s really sad. My thoughts definately go out to his family.

Avatar Image says:

That is so awful. My thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

God bless you, Robert.

Avatar Image says:

That’s awful :( My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends at this time.

Avatar Image says:

That is just horrid. My prayers are with his family.

Avatar Image says:

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. HOW TERRIBLE! sobs

Avatar Image says:

I hope they dedeicate the film to him and his family

Avatar Image says:

damm, what is going on with so many young people in london getting stabbed now days.that is so sad. RIP

Avatar Image says:

Poor guy! :*( I agree with Jimi. I do hope they dedicate the film to him. RIP. I hope his brother is alright

Avatar Image says:

That’s horrible!! Poor guy. Rest in peace. My thoughts go out to his family.

Oh my god that’s terrible!! :( RIP Robert. :(

Avatar Image says:

OMG we are all gonna miss u mate!!! hope u are resting peacefully…

Avatar Image says:

That’s tragic. I extend my deepest sympathies to the family and friends.

Avatar Image says:

That’s so sad :( Rest in peace, Robert, and God bless your family.

Avatar Image says:

What an absolute tragedy. Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family, friends and community.

Avatar Image says:

Wow… That’s just horrible. I hope his brother is okay and may he rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t get how people can go so far astray that they destroy the lives of people like Robert Knox, who was only trying to protect his brother. Robert Knox, rest in peace and God bless you

Avatar Image says:

That’s horrible =( Rest in peace Robert, my thoughts go out to the family.

Avatar Image says:

Prayers, love and sympathy to his family in this loss

Avatar Image says:

Horrible. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest in peace, Robert.

Rest in peace Robert

Avatar Image says:

Condolences. Agh. jeesh. I really don’t know what to say.

Avatar Image says:

This is so not cool.This is not the kind of publicity I was hoping to recieve about HBP.My thought also go out to his family and friends.This news hurts us all just because we did not know Him personally does not mean we don’t all feel hurt.R.I.P. Robert.

Avatar Image says:

That is terrible. The world is going to pot. I hope those responsible are brought to justice and that his family can bear the sorrow.

Avatar Image says:

my deepest sympathies and condolences to Robert’s family , and I hope they proscute the man that did this to the fullest extent of British law ( no death penalty there) the man that did needs to be punnished severely for his crime. and I do agree that a dedication to him in HBP would be an excellent gesture and highly appropriate.

Avatar Image says:

Why in earth would anyone do something that horrible,it’s absolutly revolting. The only thing he did was defending his little brother. The world is really sick… I really hope the police have got the right guy. I can’t even imagine what his family must feel like =/ R.I.P

Avatar Image says:

God, another kid my age getting stabbed… It happens so often these days.. Prayers go out to you, my friend. ;_;

Avatar Image says:

That is very sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Avatar Image says:

man, even the Muggle world is at war, this is not a game! but, yes RIP Robert, our hopes nd prayers go out to your family, stay safe guys =)

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god! How terrible of him. Wish i could see him

Avatar Image says:

Rest In Peace, Robert. Your work is appreciated. My prayers are with you and your family.

Avatar Image says:

I shock and sad! We prayer for them family! God Bless her family and care of their family too.

Avatar Image says:

It is with a heavy heart that I offer my condolences to his family and friends. It always hurts worse to lose such a young one.

Avatar Image says:

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends…

Avatar Image says:

Oh my God. thats just terrible.rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

I just don’t understand the world anymore. My thoughts are with his family.

Avatar Image says:

That is terribly sad. :( our thoughts are with everyone who knew him right now. God Bless his family and Rest In Peace Robert :(

Avatar Image says:

This is just tragic. Unfortunately violence against (and by) teenagers is on the rise in London and this is by far from being the only such innocent death in recent weeks. I remember a similar recent incident again of a boy trying to protect his brother. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Avatar Image says:

’ my god…that’s terrible…i’m so sorry…my symphaties r for the family

Avatar Image says:

The whole HP world is in mourning today. :( RIP Robert. To the WB, YOU have to dedicate the movie to him.

Avatar Image says:

Thats so sad wips tears :(

Avatar Image says:

Gosh… Why things like this happen?

I hope his family be okay.

And Rest in peace Robert.

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Avatar Image says:

That’s terrible. I send my condolences to the family. Rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

This is such sad and terrible news. Rest in peace Robert. Deepest sympathy to his family and friends, especially his brother, at this time.I hope they can receive the comfort and support they will so desperately need now and in the future.

I I I I IN MEMORIA OF ROB KNOX R.I.P 05-23-2008

Avatar Image says:

That’s just awful….may his spirit and ghost wander around at hogwarts…and add his portrait in the great staircases building…just terrifying

Avatar Image says:

Oh, wow… I’m speechless..

My prayers are with his family and their friends. He died a protector—noble hearted. God Bless.

:-(

-Muggle-Born-Witch

Avatar Image says:

That’s awful. I wish condolences and pheasant dishes to his family.

Avatar Image says:

I watched this on ITV news about 5 mins ago. This is so sad. It showed footage of him and he was so full of life and charismatic! He just didn’t deserve this and everyone is so sad. I suppose the extra little message in HBP is really hitting home. No one is safe. Even when you think you are you may not be and I can only hope to God that this doesn’t happen again.

Rest In Peace Rob, We’ll All Be Thinking Of You When We Watch The Movie And We’ll All Remember What A Great Person You Were.

Avatar Image says:

This is commonplace in London right now. I was so shocked because I actually live in Sidcup, I will put some flowers there tonight. From the Harry Potter communitity. RIP

Avatar Image says:

That is so sad! “Fatally stabbed”... so both he and his brother died? Losing one is horrible enough, but to lose both is especially tragic. My prayers and sympathy to their family!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness, that’s terrible. :( God bless you, Robert. Your family is in my prayers.

Avatar Image says:

This is absolutely terrible. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences extend to his family, friends, and everyone who knew him. It is just heinous that someone so young had to die in such a manner. Rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

This is horrible and sad beyond words. Everyone on here has pretty much expressed what I feel as well. My prayers are with his family.

Avatar Image says:

This is sad too hear. He was just trying to help his brother and now he got killed. I wonder what is the punshiment for killing someone in London. Could it be the same here in U.S? Why must the good die young? My thoughts go to him and his family. Damn the person or persons for doing that to him. I think they will dedicate the movie to him at tthe end it should say like R.I.P Robert Knox or In memory of Robert knox. Anyway R.I.P Robert Knox.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry about the double post! And I misread the story, his brother lived. Multitasking = bad.

That’s horrible. :(...rest in peace Robert! God Bless him and his family. :(

Avatar Image says:

He will forever be part of the Harry Potter world! My prayers are with him and his family. He was so brave to defend his brother sounds like a Gryffindor!

Avatar Image says:

sorry about the double post!

Avatar Image says:

I’m at loss for words. The boy seemed like a good, loyal brother. May he rest in peace and not be forgotten.

wow. that is so sad :[

Avatar Image says:

SO sad..omg…prayers for his family

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness! How tragic, horrible… Rest In Peace, Robert Knox.

Avatar Image says:

nothing we say can ever make it feel even rometely better for his family and friends. Nevertheless, the thoughts and prayers of many people are with them. Rest in peace.

p.s. I hope that warner bros. will give some of the profits of this film to a charity to prevent youth crime, I am sure they will earn enough.

Avatar Image says:

That’s terrible news! My prayers are with the friends and family of Robert.

Avatar Image says:

r.i.p x :( soo sad. why do people do these horrible things? its so horrible. r.i.pp god bless x

Avatar Image says:

oh my god, this is so tragic. maybe at the end of the credits in movie 6 they will put a dedication to him.

rest in peace, robert knox

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god, this is so sad. My prayers also are with his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

RIP Deepest condolences to the family and friends.

Avatar Image says:

that’s terrible. violence like that is so horrendously idiotic.

Avatar Image says:

That is very shocking and sad new. My prayers go out the his family.

Avatar Image says:

Rest in peace…so horrible, my prayers are definitely on him and his family :-(

Avatar Image says:

OMYGOSH!! I just saw it on the news and I thought I’d check here to see if there was an article. Robert will surely be missed by his friends & family. All the best to them and RIP

xx

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god, this is so awful. :( Rest In Peace, Robert, and our sympathies and thoughts are with his family

Avatar Image says:

The thoughts of the entire Harry Potter community are with his family. You’re in our prayers Robert Knox

Avatar Image says:

That is so sad! My most sincere condolences go out to his family.

Avatar Image says:

I was absolutely shocked when I saw it on the news. R.I.P Robert.

Avatar Image says:

He did the best he could to defend his brother, and was killed in the process, a very honorable way to die. I hope that everybody here mourns him and may he rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

My deepest condolences to Robert’s family and friends.

Avatar Image says:

That is so horribly unexpected. My heart goes out to his family.

Avatar Image says:

Ive just heaard this on the news. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace Robert Knox.

Avatar Image says:

a complete tragedy, and sadly an all too common occurance in london nowadays my thoughts and prayers are with his family, may the poor boy rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

That’s so sad! It’s times like these when I’m glad we have the potter community to support each other when horrible things like this happen. He was helping his brother too, he was very loyal and very brave. :(

Avatar Image says:

My deepest sympathies to the family! Rest in peace, Robert, may God keep your soul!

Avatar Image says:

Absolutely tragic. My heart goes out to his poor family, they must be in such terrible pain. I wish them every strength.

Avatar Image says:

What a dreadful waste of a young life. Don’t know if I understand people anymore. What was the point of this?? My thoughts go out to his family & friends, such a tragedy.

Avatar Image says:

A death in Harry Potter that actually happens is truly sad. :( RIP.

Avatar Image says:

I feel so shocked and sad for this awful tragedy. It’s very brave and loyal from him to die trying to defend his brother. My most sincere and deepest prayers with his family, friends and to the entire Harry Potter comunity. May the boy rest in peace and his relatives have the strengh. My best wishes to all of them

This totally ruined my day R.I.P. Robert Knox

Avatar Image says:

The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet the light of a bright world dies When day is done.

The mind has a thousand eyes, And the heart but one; Yet the light of a whole life dies When love is done.

Avatar Image says:

That’s awful. I really don’t know what to say. Sympathies to anyone close to him.

Avatar Image says:

Another important thought – WHY CAN’T THE REST OF THE WORLD THINK LIKE HARRY & US – WHAT A WONDERFUL THOUGHTMAYBE IF WE PERSEVERE AND PEOPLE START TO LISTEN WE REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. (Sorry to shout)

Avatar Image says:

My heart goes out to Mr. Knox’s family.

Avatar Image says:

They should cast his younger brother in the role to honor him.

OMG, so sad…. cries

YOu stupid person, I hoipe you go to jail for muder for killing him.

All wishes go out to his family from me.

And lets hope the director keep every second of footage from the film of him in it…in honor…

Avatar Image says:

Such a tragedy. My thoughts are with his family and especially his brother. How it must feel for him to know that his brother died protecting him. I weep for all of them.

Avatar Image says:

This is so upsetting. My heart goes out to Roberts friends and family. I hope they mourn him but also celebrate his life, his achievements, his vibrancy and ultimate bravery. RIP Robert Knox. I cry for the promising future you have been robbed of .

I live in London, and violence is on the rise. We have a new mayor and he has vowed to cut violent crime by placing more policemen on buses and trains and generally more on street patrol. I hope this succeeds. But the problem I feel is rooted in parenting and school. teachers do not have the respect of children any more as in the past. In fact many teachers are scared of the children. Parents are more careless and less strict. Children lack discipline these days and so many of them do end up as criminals when they get older.

Teachers must exert more authority. Gangs must be disbanded. Knifes and guns must stop circulating (where the hell are they getting them from??). More Youth activities to drive their incentives in proper directions. Fines/punishment for parents if children truants or misbehaves. We need ideas that work and are effective that drills into the roots of violent street crime. Putting more policemen on the street is not the answer. We need a solution where we DON’T need to have so many policemen on the street, where we don’t have to walk down the street in fear of being mugged, stabbed or shot.

I am sorry to ramble and sidetrack but senseless violence towards good natured young people such as Robert Knox has GOT TO STOP.

Avatar Image says:

Wow how sad for him and his family. My prayers go out to his family.

Avatar Image says:

We wanted HBP news, but nothing like this. May the bastard who did this serve the rest of his life in prison. As everyone else said above me, my thoughts are with the friends and family.

Avatar Image says:

Wow. Harsh… I wonder why he killed him? Maybe he was drunk? I wonder who’s going to take his place since he’s dead. But enough sadness, not that it’s wrong. I mean since there are 7films (now 8, sigh) odds sre someone was going to die. For example, Richard Harris died didn’t he (but of old age)? And besides there are tons of deaths every day! There could be around 1 murder a week! So I must point out that when I give his family my best hopes for a happy future I’m also saying this to anyone who knows how it feels to haved lost a freind or relative to foul play.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure thoughts of all the fandom are with his family at this time. My deepest sympathies to them. God bless him.

Avatar Image says:

: ( He’s so a Hufflepuff, no doubt. God bless him, his friends and family.

Avatar Image says:

What a brave soul! You have such a kind heart Robert and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Maybe WB can dedicate the film to you, I know that is a strong thing to do but – its possible. My most deepest sympathies go to his family- Like Heath his last act will be appreciated very much. God Bless you Robert.

Avatar Image says:

wow, thats horrible. my prayers go to his family warner brothers better dedicate HBP to him!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my gosh, that is horrible. After he just filmed a movie, how sad. yes, and sympathy to his family

Avatar Image says:

SO sad… I hope the film the film’s dedicated to him. GoF was dedicated to some crew member (I think) who died. HBP should be dedicated to him.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness, that is so sad. My thoughts are with his family and friends. I hope they have a peaceful healing process.

love love

Avatar Image says:

That’s awful. I’m so sorry for his family and loved ones!

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

OMG.. I’ll make you a cake! ;__; R.I.P Avatar Image says:

God Bless and keep you. You are in our prayers.

Avatar Image says:

Poor Robert, my sympathies to his family. I agree that it would be a nice thing if WB dedicated the film to him.

Avatar Image says:

So sad. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Avatar Image says:

what a tragedy. i hope his brother is ok and my sympathy and prayers go out to his family. its just sad he didn’t get the chance to come out in the film or stay alive really. R.I.P ROBERT : (

Avatar Image says:

oh, that’s aweful… they should dedicate HBP in his memory…

Avatar Image says:

oh wow! i send my regards. Poor fellow…..tragic, really.

oh im so sorry

Avatar Image says:

May the hand of God hold all of his family through this tragedy. My prayers are with them tonight. R.I.P. Robert

Avatar Image says:

Oh my gosh! I just have to put in that my thoughts are with the family as well.

Rest In Peace Robert,

RIP Robert.

Avatar Image says:

This is so sad and scary. Really makes it feel close to home, HP is supposed to be our escape from reality… Poor guy.

Avatar Image says:

Would like to add my voice to Proffessor Potter. I’m from N.Ireland and Knife Crime is too high in the UK, especially in London. It’s got to stop and this boy was just another victim of the long line of people who’ve been killed in the city. My friends from London and just today he mentioned that the problem in London is that people are just so aggressive. He said he gets in fights in London because its just the thing to do. Over here in Belfast (the irony), he says he feels safer. I hope Boris can do a good job but and I agree with you, London needs to be in the position that we do not have gangs like the US and so that we don’t needs to have police on the street. Horrible Horrible incident. RIP.

thats awful…

i guess murders were out on my Prom Night… like in the movie… except it was in a different part of the world. .... i live in Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada…. whereas this happened in london england..

(even tho.. May 23 2008 was an awesome night for me… MFA Grads of 08’)

Avatar Image says:

RIP , my condolences go out to you, To young brother, honor your brother’s sacrafice by leading a good and decent life and not let his death be in vain.

Thats terrible news! He sounds like a really good guy too :( Great shame

Avatar Image says:

that is so sad. I can’t believe that people are like that. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and my the true person who committed this crime come live in guilt

Avatar Image says:

What a tragedy. My condolences go to his family and friends.

Avatar Image says:

I am speechless . May he Rest In Peace .

Avatar Image says:

It is sad! My thoughts and prayers are with the family. May you rest in peace Robert!

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Avatar Image says:

prayers and thoughts go forth for Robert. may he rest in peace and may the good lord give strength and guidance to his family in these trying times.

Avatar Image says:

my prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. that was really great of him to rishk his life for his brother. i do hope his brother is well. God bless his family.

Avatar Image says:

my prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. that was really great of him to risk his life for his brother. i do hope his brother is well. God bless his family.

Avatar Image says:

Please young and talented people stay out of the party scene. Stay clear of bars. This reminds of another actor that died too soon, River Phoenix. Look at his work in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. And of course Heath Ledger. All gone too soon. Prayers and condolences to the family.

Avatar Image says:

How incredibly sad! He was defending his brother in a bar! This is so horrible! My thoughts are for him and his family.

Avatar Image says:

Thats horrible. Truly horrible. I really hope they dedicate the remaining films to his bravery by risking his life for his brother. God rest his soul.God Bless him and his family. I hope his brother is alright. What is our world coming to?

Avatar Image says:

What a horrible, senseless trajedy. How sad that he was taken from his family at such a young age. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who knew and loved him.

Avatar Image says:

i found out this morning and was deeply shocked by the news i offer my condulences to the friends and family of this young boy and hope that they will be able to overcome this enormous hurdle.

Avatar Image says:

I hope his family finds the strength to move on, our thoughts are with them.

Rest in Peace.

OMT

Avatar Image says:

I think we, as Potter fans, have a duty to do something for Robert Knox’s family. We have to let them know that we’re thinking of them, sharing their tears and grief. We should send the family a letter at least, through Warner Brothers. At best we should get like thousands of flowers, paid for by us, and send them to the family or put them around the red carpet of the primier. We’re all sending our condulances virtually, but why not take it a step farther? Just an idea i thought i’d throw out there.

Avatar Image says:

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous post (from ‘Someone’), this is such sad news.. I’m sick of all the killings we’re getting in England – it’s such a new phenomena, people taking their anger out in such a horrible way in London, this wasn’t happening a few years ago, but now every other week we’re hearing about killings. It’s so sad.. I’m glad that he got to experience the joy of Harry Potter before he died.. it’s so sad though. Rest in Peace Robert. Our thoughts are with your family at this terrible time.

Avatar Image says:

oh so sad. My thoughts are with his family. This is so sad. :( Rest in Peace Robert.

Avatar Image says:

Continuing from my previous post, Can Leaky organize some sympathy campaign? judging from the comments above me, it looks like we’ve got some people who are willing to throw a few flowers, sympathic words, or dollars into this. Can you guys rally the troops? possibly join forces with MuggleNet or HPANA for maximum participants? I think it would mean the world to the family if they knew how many people cared, and cared enough to tell them so…

Avatar Image says:

Let light perpetual shine upon him.

Avatar Image says:

I’m almost crying from reading this! This is beyond sad! The film should be dedicated to him Rest in Peace, Robert, a young hero. Deepest sympathies to his family, friends and colleagues.

Avatar Image says:

My sympathies to his family. What a horrible tragedy.

Avatar Image says:

I felt sad about this because I have brother living in London, UK. My condolence to his family and friends. Everything has its purpose, just keep the faith.

Avatar Image says:

How sad. My prayers and condolences go out to his family. Rest in peace, Robert.

Avatar Image says:

I am so sorry to hear this. This kind of terrible violence is occuring more and more in England, a dear friend who lives there tells me about it. May God comfort his family at this sad and terrible time.

Avatar Image says:

May God bless and comfort him and his family.

Avatar Image says:

This is a horrible tragedy for all involved, it’s really sad and depressing. Hey, look it’s the lead story on Yahoo! Now his family will have all our prayers for their loss.

Avatar Image says:

how tragic!!! Rest in peace my thoughts are with your family at this difficut time.

Avatar Image says:

This is such a tragedy. All my wishes, and prayers go out to his family. Was his brother hurt? I hope the person that did this is locked away for a long time. It is always a shame to hear of young adults, and children whom pass before their lives have begun.

Avatar Image says:

My heart goes out to the family and friends of Robert Knox….a tragic loss to lose a light just as it was starting to shine.

Avatar Image says:

that’s awful news. i can’t believe this.

Avatar Image says:

My sympathies with his family. My friends dad and brother were killed in a plain wreck so i no how much they are hurting. God has a plan for everything.

Avatar Image says:

God bless. This is very sad.

Avatar Image says:

My heart and prayers go out to the family of Robert Knox in their time of sorrow. God always has a plan even when we do not understand what it is.

Avatar Image says:

Let Robert rest in peace. We’ll remember him when we see him choking on that paesant on the train.

“Someone” is right, we need to do something to tell the Knox family that we care, a merged project between ALL the HP sites would be fantastic.

The family needs to know that the Harry Potter fandom has got their back.
Avatar Image says:

poor robert…am dreadfully unhappy abt it all..may his soul RIP and my deepest condolences to his family…can Leaky send his family a card/flowers fr us all?it’d b good.

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts are with him and his family. That poor boy. The irony is that I was listening to a song called Murderers when I read this article. R.I.P

Avatar Image says:

So sad. The better dedicate the film to him. And only 18, what a shame. RIP Robert. We’re all thinking of you.

Avatar Image says:

Oh I’m so sorry for his family! Rest in peace Robert, your brother is in your debt forever…

Avatar Image says:

this is terrible my heart thoughts and prayer are sent out to the family and friends of this remarkable young man

Avatar Image says:

that’s bad, sad and wrong. although he played just a minor character, I hope that his appearence in HBP will be clear , IMHO the best way to honor a career cut off before it started. I did not see anyy picture of him when the minor characters were announched It would be wrong that in a year time Robert Knox will be just another annonimous name and just another name in the growing list of violence in London.

Avatar Image says:

I hope they honor his memory in HBP, I think it’s really important that they don’t cut him out, more than ever now. So we shall see.

I also hope the person who murdered him gets his due. Life in prison, if possible >.>

that is horrible. :[ rip Robert. <3

Avatar Image says:

Stupid bar fights. What have they got to prove??? They think they’re tough, drinking and then stabbing well meaning people? Horrible.

Avatar Image says:

That’s so sad. I am shocked and I really don’t know what to say. My condolences to his family. Rest in peace Robert

Avatar Image says:

That’s so sad. R.I.P. Robert and all my thought and prayers go out to his family. I hope his brother is alright aswell and I really hope they dedicate they dedicate the film with him – I’m sure all the cast, crew (directors an dproducers etc. included) would agree. Again, R.I.P. and God bless his family.

Avatar Image says:

Thats really terrible :( Sadly,there have been way too many stabbings in London recently.Hopefully this will be the last :(

Avatar Image says:

I will pray for you at mass today. Eternal rest grant to him O Lord. May perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

HP-&-HSM-Rock, that’s a brilliant idea. Do you want to contact some and ask them?

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe what the world is turning into. RIP Robert My thoughts and prayers are with friends and family to get through such a tragic time.

Avatar Image says:

RIP my heart goes out to all that new him.

Avatar Image says:

OWW this is so horrible i feel so sorry for his family my full symathy to them and the surrounding community

Avatar Image says:

I don’t normally comment, but… this is an issue quite close to home for me. I live in east London and in the last six years I have not lost one, but two very close friends to stabbings over complete mindless, pathetic matters. One over a fiver believe it or not…

You really know there’s something wrong in this city (or any large city) when the only reason you looked up to take notice of the news report was because you heard the bloke stabbed was from Harry Potter. Yeah that was me. It sounds absolutely horrible, but these teenage killings are so common right now, it’s getting to a point where people here aren’t even that surprised when they hear about them. Sounds horrible, but unfortunately it’s true. Just last night two 17 year olds where shot, one in Camden and the other in Archway I think. Believe me half of them aren’t even reported.

It saddens me that now Robert Knox, another innocent teenager, has fallen victim to this terrible culture on the rise in London. All for trying to protect his little brother. As someone said earlier, in a few weeks time he’ll just be another name in the growing list of teenage victims of gun/knife crime. My heart goes out to his friends and family. R.I.P.

Avatar Image says:

Thats so sad…:( so much to live for!

My condolances to the family and i hope his brother is okay!

R.I.P. Robert

Avatar Image says:

R.I.P Robert you sound like such a lovley guy i saw a photo of you on the bbc news website and you dont look like the kind of guy to be involved in this kind of thing you definatly didnt deserve what happend to you. RIP.

Avatar Image says:

May Light perpetual shine upon him and give him peace. To his family and community, wishes and prayers for comfort, and may grace and love surround you during what more than likely seems like a nightmare.

Avatar Image says:

Aww =(. He was such a hero for going to his brothers aid. RIP Rob.

Avatar Image says:

God bless, and god speed

Avatar Image says:

Very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

That is really terrible…:( R.IP. Robert… :(

Avatar Image says:

I just read about this on Yahoo! news. This is just terrible. Rest in peace, Robert. My prayers are with you and your family <3

Avatar Image says:

I also agree with Jimi. May his soul rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

People are saying he’ll just be another name, another teen killed in London stabbings… I say not if we can help it! We can prevent this wonderful person’s name from sinking into the pit of obscurity. If we make a big deal out of this, if we buy thousands of flowers say, and put them around the red carpet at the primier it’ll show the world that WE CARE and we want this horrible spate of killings to end. He may have had a small, but does that make him any less regretted? We know from reading HP that even apparently small and “unimportant” people mean something to someone. If i died here and now there might not be four digets of people who cared, but would that mean that I was less important to the people i knew? No. I think we have to do something guys.

Avatar Image says:

This is horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Here is a quote from a Yahoo news story on this “it puts the number of violent teenage deaths in London at 14 so far this year”

My thoughts go out to the 13 other families whose child’s name was not shown to the world because they were not actors even more. They were just another nameless death due to violence. I hope that ALL families who have had to suffer from a loved one dying due to violence have a strong community and family who can help them get through such a terrible time.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the families around the world who have experienced the same tragedy.

Avatar Image says:

That’s really sad, but who’s going to have his part in the movie now? Could this mean the movie will be delayed?

Avatar Image says:

“Hermione”, filming is already completed, so we’ll see him on the screen unless it’s cut in editing.

Avatar Image says:

OIE! What the heck is wrong with people?!!!??? I hope his family is alright. (sobs in backround)

Avatar Image says:

God bless, Robert..why the hell do people feel the need to resort to violence over simple arguments?..such a tragedy..my heart goes out to his family..god bless you as well..

OMG RIP robert :( god bless <3

This is horrible!

I agree with ‘Someone’ that we in the HP community should do something – maybe Leaky or the HP alliance could organize a something to get money to donate to an organization working to prevent youth crime? I also hope WB will dedicate the movie to him.

My thoughts are with his family, especially his brother.

That is just horrible…R.I.P. Robert

Avatar Image says:

RIP, Robert. You were good to defend your brother. Let the Lord watch over you and your family…

Avatar Image says:

This is such a tragedy at a time when his life is just hitting its stride. My prayers and sympathies go out to his family.

Oh God, just eighteen

Avatar Image says:

OMG! i feel terrible and in the wake of his carrer too! I give my regards to his friends and family

Avatar Image says:

I’ll be praying for his family and friends. What a bummer. He died trying to help others, and I commend him for that.

R.I.P. Robert

Avatar Image says:

I’m so sorry. Our thoughts go out to his family and anyone affected by his death. That’s so sick.

Oh, man, that’s awful….RIP :[[

Avatar Image says:

I think we should all note that he died in a heroic way, and what is harry potter all about? Courage, standing up for what´s right, loyalty to the ones we love. WB should definetly dedicate the movie to him, with a message in the end: “dedicated to Robert Knox, who captured what these stories are all about”, or something like that. WB should REALLY do it.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my gosh! I am sooo sorry! My thoughts are with his family!

Avatar Image says:

It is times like these that make me very proud to be a member of Leaky. My thoughts are with the knox family and the families of the other young people killed in london over the past few weeks.

Avatar Image says:

This is a tragic end to an actor with so much potential. Though Robert’s courage in the incident was well placed in comming to the aid of his brother. We are all sadened by this loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his familly and friends. He will be missed. ‘For in death we find absolute peace.’

Avatar Image says:

this is terrible! my thoughts and prayers go out to his family rest in peace robert

Oh Dear, i hope his family will be alright. that is so sad Rest in Peace Robert

Avatar Image says:

WOW. that is terrible. poor kid. it makes you think doesnt it?

R.I.P.

LOVES.

Avatar Image says:

That is so terrible :( may he rest in peace and may grace flow on his family

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness…that’s so awful. Prayers to his family and friends! :(

Avatar Image says:

oh my gosh, what a real life hero. i hope that his family will find comfort and have pride in the fact that he died trying to save his brother.

Avatar Image says:

my god that’s horrible…it ’s so sad…and only 18…my sympathies go to his family and friends

Avatar Image says:

How could this have happened? Trying to protect someone you love… There’s a lot going throught my mind which I ought not to type, but first and foremost: My sympathies to his family. I hope they will find light and strength in dark times.

Avatar Image says:

that is so tragic. my thoughts and prayers are with him and his famliy

Avatar Image says:

This is a horrible piece of news. I feel so sorry for Robert’s family and friends.

Avatar Image says:

That’s so sad and shocking. I agree with Prof Potter and Dave Almighty. This is happening far too much in London now; it seems to be every week lately, and now it’s involving innocent bystanders not just gangs. It wasn’t like this even just a few years ago. We need to introduce zero tolerance and stop mollycoddling the thugs when they are caught.

One thing though, Prof Potter: “Teachers must exert more authority.” That’s easier said than done. My husband’s a teacher. The thing is, teachers aren’t allowed to exert authority and aren’t allowed to discipline any more. They can get into trouble for it and the parents of these thugs are often just as problematic as the kids. If teachers do show zero tolerance (eg by expelling a kid for bringing a weapon into school), the kid and parents appeal and the education authorities override the school’s decision and the schools are forced to take the kids back in, as happened at my husband’s old school. Teachers need the backing and support of the powers that be and the parents for their work to have any effect.

Avatar Image says:

An expulsion being overruled? That’s just ridiculous, since when can rules like “brining a weapon to school” can be so clearly sidestepped? I wonder what parents need to say to the “educational authorities”, to get their child put back in school?

Avatar Image says:

Though I’m guessing not much, probably just a matter of complaining and complaining until some one gives in. I just would think school would care more about safety than they do about pleasing parents.

god bless him RIP

Avatar Image says:

Rest in peace and God bless.

My sympathies go out to the family.

How tragic. :(

Avatar Image says:

God bless that his brother is alright.

I pray for his family and Robert.

Avatar Image says:

I think we should all pitch in and do something for the family as well.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, for goodness sake! This was a young man who had a tiny, face-in-the-crowd extra part. He is only peripherally involved with the Potterverse. He is not your public property to mourn as though you knew him personally. Get a grip.

Stabbings are becoming an epidemic in parts of London at the moment. There’s a new one every day. Save your bleeding hearts for ALL the young people who are victims of this vile, cowardly crime, not just the ones who have some vague, ‘almost’ link to Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

RIP Robert, the latest in a long line of unfortunate youngsters who have become victims of this ‘gang culture’

Avatar Image says:

“Last night, Knox’s parents, Sally and Colin Knox, said in a statement: ‘Rob was kind and thoughtful and would always help out others – he would spend his last penny on other people instead of himself. The life and soul of the party, he was very outgoing, loved sports and would always strike up a conversation with people. He was respectful to others and adored by his family and friends.’

Knox played for Sidcup Rugby Club, as did ‘gentle giant’ schoolboy Jimmy Mizen, 16, who was killed during an unprovoked attack in a baker’s shop in nearby Lee a fortnight ago.

Yesterday, less than 48 hours after the Home Office unveiled new measures to stem the wave of stabbings on Britain’s streets, friends of Knox described how they struggled to hold down the attacker, who was carrying two knives, until the police arrived.

....

Friends said it was typical of Knox to risk his own safety to defend his brother. In 2004, Knox gave an interview to a national newspaper about how bullying over his weight had blighted his life and how he had learnt the importance of standing up to such people. He said: ‘They used to push me and beat me up in the corridor or outside in the school grounds. I started really hating myself’.

However, he added that he had grown to become happy with his appearance. ‘Nothing gets to me now,’ he added.

Yesterday, scores of friends laid flowers at the scene, near Sidcup rail station. One tribute to the former Beths Grammar School pupil read: ‘The flowers will die, the sun will set, you are someone I will never forget’. ...”

Avatar Image says:

That’s so sad. God bless you Robert and give your family peace and confort.

Avatar Image says:

I stand with the rest of the Harry Potter family and fans and offer my prayers and condolences to Robert’s family. This is a truly horrible thing to happen, especially to one so young, and his family will never be the same again. I pray with my whole heart for blessings and peace to somehow ease the pain and bereavement they have to endure.

Avatar Image says:

Migimoo, I think you misunderstand the way that people are reacting to this. Nobody has said that this particular event is more horrible than the others.

Avatar Image says:

thats so sad. i feel terrible for the poor guy and his family. R.I.P Robert :(

Avatar Image says:

omg that is soooooo sad i hope this movie gets dedeicated to him :(

Avatar Image says:

I read the story Saturday Morning on Yahoo and started crying, It breaks my heart when anyone is killed. Possibly it has hit close to home for the simple fact that we are Harry Potter Fans, but for me it hurts worse since I’ve lost two brothers when they were so young, only 12 each.

My Heart goes out to the family and Friends of Robert Knox, it sounds like he was a Good Young man. I know in my Heart that he is going to his next life and will carry his courage on with him.

Migimoo I can not understand why you would say something so hurtful, I wish you the best and hope that nothing like this ever touches your life. Allow us to grieve for this young life that was lost for doing exactly what is talked of in the Harry Potter Books, Harsh comments has no place in this comment thread.

I also agree that we as a community should try to do something to honor Robert Knox’s Memory and also that WB should put an acknowledgement or dedication to this young man in the film.

Avatar Image says:

That is so sad. He stuck up for his brother and got killed. And he was so young! May he rest in peace :(

Avatar Image says:

wat is happening in the world when this stuff happens? my prayers go out to his family

Avatar Image says:

MIgamoo, your words come across as insensitive and I am sure you dont mean it to. There are deaths happening every second in some part of the world. Many of those deaths are killings. Most of those killings are unreported. They are unreported because all of us already know this fact and is impractical to report individuals. However, some killings are highlighted. the fact that some are highlighted and others are unreported should not be considered as bias or unfair. It is a good thing. Reporting one incident can represent a bigger picture exposed to the public. In this case, a Harry Potter actor was stabbed. Leaky news reports it because it resonates to Potter fans (incidentally, this has made headlines in national news, not just harry potter fan sites). We then feel pain in our hearts for this loss of a remarkable young man who we did not even know of and then through this we also learn of a rise in stabbings and shootings in London. This could hopefully be a wake up call for some. Some may take action and campaign for changes in the law etc. I personally hope so, passionately.

But here we have all expressed sympathy, shock and condolences at Robert Knox’s death. I would advise you not to criticise such compassion from the Harry Potter fans here and instead think why we react this way and how this story through tragedy can bring positive actions towards prevention of such atrocity.

Avatar Image says:

Hey Anne, I absolutely agree with you that the teachers are powerless to exert effective authority. I stand corrected as I really meant that the system needs to change to give teachers that power again. I think society can only improve by growing children up with discipline, respect for others, freedom to explore their talents, reward incentives etc. The fact that teachers are even scared of the children pretty much sums up today’s society, doesnt it? Lets hope that an effective solution comes along soon.

Avatar Image says:

That is disgusting. Why would anyone do something like that?

My thoughts go out to him and his family, and may he rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

Replying again to address Migimoo’s comments.

I completely agree with Professor Potter and Linny. Because we are moruning the death of Robert Knox does not mean we don’t care about the rest – not one of us has once said that we are only saying these things because he is a Harry Potter actor. I would react the same way if I read somewhere that a random 18-year-old boy from anywhere else in the world, or even for any of the other stabbings that are becoming regular occurences in London, if I were to see the story as a headline. I am seriously disturbed by your comments, and hope you can understand our feelings.

Avatar Image says:

Migimoo- This boy was my age. MY AGE. The thought of this happening to someone at the prime of his life SICKENS me. It’s horrible that their is so much hate in this world. And think about his poor family, parents should not have to bury their children. Please do not tell me where and whom to mourn.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry if my comment sounds overly harsh. I’m sure you were just stating your feelings, as everyone else on here does and not trying to disrespect anyone. Sorry if I overreacted (I do that a lot) :)

Avatar Image says:

It’d be soo sweet if they dediacite the movie on his behalf. Us fans are thinking of you and your family every day.God bless!!

Avatar Image says:

God bless Robert Knox… my heart goes out tot his family

Avatar Image says:

God bless Robert Knox… my heart goes out to his family

Avatar Image says:

As people said on recent comments, it’s a shame that a young life was interrupted in such a way. Also, we should strat to think where the good values are going these days. Not just because he was a Harry Potter actor, but a great person and a unique brother/son/realtive as well. I think that there are some things that should be done about this: 1. The movie should be dedicated to him. 2. There should be a campaing of support to the family: Messages, Gifts, cards and maybe money to them (maybe with joined help from sites like Mugglenet, HPANA, and so). 3. We fans should demmand this incident to be fully investigated for the guilty to be punnished. This should be a work for Dumbledore’s army (if you understand me…) My most sincere prayers to his family and his brother. Hope God gives them the strengh to overcome this. May this loyal and great boy rest in peace.

Avatar Image says:

This is terrible news. A promising teen whose life was cut tragically short. We know words can’t bring you back, but you are in our prayers. You died a hero, mate. My condolences to Robert’s family. Warner Brothers should put a dedication in his memory in “Half-Blood Prince”. Rest in peace, Robert.

Avatar Image says:

OH GOD! THAT’S SO SO SAD! I started crying when i heard this from my mother and i could hardly believe it. Then when i read the article i found out everything is true. R.I.P Robert, God bless your family and your friends.

Avatar Image says:

I was just wondering: Is the spot where it happened already covered in lillies? Or other flowers one could associate with HP? Robert Knox is according to the Telegraph the 14th victim this year of this sort of violence incidents and the only one whose name is known. I saw the statement his father made and I understood that he hoped the media exposure, thanks to the fact that Robert was on the HP cast list, would result in a serious gesture against the growing violence due to knife carrying. Flowers on a public road are far more visible then posts on the net.

Avatar Image says:

omgsh that was so sad! my prayers are with his family. that is so horrible =[[

Avatar Image says:

Wow – just before this guy came to the notice of the crazy potter fan community for us to obsess over, your life gets cut short. I hope they put a dedication line in the credits of the dvd. My thoughts to his family and friends.Which one was Marcus Belby?

Avatar Image says:

This is a very sad thing, and I pray for his family, expecially his younger brother.

Avatar Image says:

man. eternal light shine upon Robert’s soul… may he rest in peace. my condolences to his family and friends. =<

Avatar Image says:

its really sad what hapenned to him….my sympathy goes out to his family.

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts to Robert’s family and friends. Please WB don’t cut his scenes, make him bright on screen and dedicate the film to him. Gerard, from Barcelona.

Avatar Image says:

Such sad news, this is so bad, how can life be so insecure over there. Thank God it wasn’t Harry potter.

Avatar Image says:

My eyes are wet… and I’ll maybe cry too when I’ll see him in the film… It’s… I don’t know what can I say about this… I’m sure I’ll never go to live in London… Hungary is not the best place for people to live, but I think it’s much safer. Goodbye, Rob! We’re miss you…

Avatar Image says:

poverino, mi dispiace un sacco…

Avatar Image says:

u guys wont believe this! i was told dat Dan Radcliffe was the person stabbed. oh im soooooooooooo relieved, i cud almost die of anxiety.

Avatar Image says:

RIP rob! sorry he had 2 die.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! that was a horrible tragedy…i really hope they dedicate the film to him and his family also!!! my sympathies are with his family, friends, and everyone who knew him! i am really sorry for their loss!

Very sad news.

Avatar Image says:

Rest in peace Robert. May God help your family and friends during this difficult time.

Avatar Image says:

Incredibly sad. :( My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

This is terrible! My heart goes out to his family and friends! <3<3<3

R.I.P Rob.

Avatar Image says:

I do hope they will dedicate the movie to him. It’s a tragedy. I’m really sad for his family.

Avatar Image says:

I just read the update of this news, and I feel so overwhelmed to realize that this good and kind boy who gave his life to save his brother’s has signed to be in DH as well. It’s terrible to understand that these days we have so much violence and danger in the streets. I hope his relatives have the faith and strengh of heart to overcome this tragedy. Also I have been reading the rest of the comments and I would like to present some ideas: 1. The HBP movie should be dedicated to his loving memory. 2. There should be a campaing organized by TLC (maybe with support from other sites as Mugglenet, HPANA ans so) to give his relatives our support: cadrs, letters, gits and maybe money. 3. We fans should push the autorities to conduct a full investigation to get the guily people of this murder punished. (I had a 4. idea but I just forgot it. Sorry). Finally, my most sincere and deepest prayers to his parents, family and friends. I hope this brave and kind boy rest in peace of God. He shall be remembered forever.

Avatar Image says:

that so sad all my sympathies go to family and friends rip

Avatar Image says:

My heart goes out to his family. Although he was playing a ravenclaw he was a true gryffindor. Rest in peace Rob.

Avatar Image says:

God bless you Robert. All of our prayers are with your family and friends.

Avatar Image says:

My heart goes out to his family. I know he played a ravenclaw but he was a true gryffindor.

Rest in peace Rob.

Avatar Image says:

he’s with tonks and all that died in the battle of hogwarts..true heroes they are all.

R.I.P. Mr. Knox.

Avatar Image says:

“The last enemy that shall be destroyed is Death”. Or rather, human stupidity. R.I.P. dude…

Asuryan from France.

Avatar Image says:

It’s such a tradgedy when something like this happens but it really brings the community together. Rest in peace, thank you for everything.

Avatar Image says:

He was obviously a more than decent person to die defending his brother. Robert, in my eyes, is a hero, and I hope that everyone who hears about this feels the same way. Good travels, Robert.

Avatar Image says:

do have a picture of him?

Avatar Image says:

My god, that’s terrible! Rest In Peace, Robert :(. Everyone in Eureka Springs here gives their sympathies to his family, especially me and my boyfriend. God bless you Robert!

Avatar Image says:

“To my big bro. As much as I used to piss you off and call you names, ask for lifts everywhere, I loved you so much and I know you didn’t know it. I looked up to you so much … I thought you were invincible.”

wow

Avatar Image says:

MAN THATS CRAZY HE WAS JUST DEFENDING HIS BROTHER AND PAID FOR IT WITH HIS LIFE. HE WAS JUST A YOUNG ACTOR GETTING HIS CAREER OFF THE GROUND. AS FOR HIS BROTHER I CANT IMAGINE WHAT IT MUST FEEL LIKE KNOWING YOUR BROTHER DIED FOR YOU BUT I DO KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO LOSE A BROTHER HAVING LOST MY OLDEST BROTHER MYSELF. EVEN THOUGH IM ALL THE WAY OVER HERE IN AMERICA MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT WE CARE TO

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe it!! I really can’t believe it!! That his life has already ended, when he had so many experiences to live… =( Why do these things happen to the people who deserve it the least?? He was such a respectful, righteous boy!! My heart goes to his family and friends. His parents have lost a son, his little brother has lost his older and only brother, his friends will never talk to him or spend time with him again, and the world has lost a very good man… People like Robert are running short in the world!! =( I agree with Jimi and Shelby, they should dedicate the film to him!!

Avatar Image says:

Rob – you showed all the courage, compassion, loyalty and spirit of the best and brightest of Hogwarts. How fitting that your last performance on this mortal coil is portraying one of it’s hand picked students. You should be remembered not for your role on screen, but for the role you played in saving others. You were as brave in real life as any one of JK’s characters. May you find peace and “move on”.

Avatar Image says:

That’s horrible… i can’t imagine how his young brother is… Our prayers are with his family and friends. R.I.P Robert Knox

Avatar Image says:

That’s horrible… i can’t imagine how his young brother is… Our prayers are with his family and friends. R.I.P. Robert Knox.

Avatar Image says:

This is just…..... Man, life is too short, sadly…..... My condolences to his family…....

Avatar Image says:

wow, this is really sad. first heath, now robert. my condolences.

Avatar Image says:

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I, also hope that his brother is alright. May he Rest in Peace!

Avatar Image says:

thats so sad:( I live in Mexico, and today in the morning an idiot in the news anounced Rupert Grint had died stabbed by knives when he tried to defend his brother, when my sister heard this she started crying(she losves rup) but I already knew that it had been poor Robert U.U Rest in Peace Robert

Avatar Image says:

This was really really sad, I am on holliday and my grandpa showed me this over breakfast this morning, i felt like I had to send it to you guys but it’s already here. I can’t beleive this, but at the same time I can, it’s London.

Rest In Peace Robert, I always liked Marcus Belby

Avatar Image says:

You know, I was in London a month ago, and I noticed that there seemed to be an incredible amount of violence there, with reports of mugging and the like in the newspaper everyday (and the fatc that this shocked me is saying something, since I live in NYC). I really hope something is done about it to prevent further incidents like this. It really is tragic, and he was just 18! I really hope they don’t try to recast comeone as him in DH – for one thing, I think it’s unneccessary since he isn’t crucial to the story, and it would be disrespectful to do so (Dumbledore was a different story, you can hardly have HP without Dumbledore – besides, look how that replacement worked out!).

RIP, Robert.

Avatar Image says:

“Police charged a 21-year-old man on Monday with the murder of [Robert Knox] who had a part in the next Harry Potter film” . You can read the details over here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080526/wl_uk_afp/britaincrimefilmpottercharge_080526213554

How sad! Thats horrible!

Avatar Image says:

“wow, this is really sad. first heath, now robert. my condolences.”

It’s unquestionably tragic but you can’t even begin to compare it to the Heath Ledger incident.

Avatar Image says:

R.I.P Robert Knox, And may God bless your famliy.

Avatar Image says:

so sad. violence is really high in england, and to think that he was only 18…. its just horrible…. rest in peace, robert.

Avatar Image says:

A talented person taken too soon. It can definitely be compared to Heath Ledger and all the other actors who never reached their full potential because of their passing. No matter how they died, it still is a trajedy for all involved.

Avatar Image says:

o mt gosh that is horrible my thoughts and preyers go to him and his family and friends.rest in peace!

Avatar Image says:

It only compares to Heath Ledger in its tragic unfulfilled potential. Heath was a well-known, successful actor with a major role in the upcoming Dark Knight movie. Robert was barely beginning his career and was playing a minor character. Debating the differences with their deaths & impact though is morbid and wrong. What’s amazing is the outpouring of sympathy from Harry Potter fans for someone we never knew existed until now. We have a very supportive community and it is touching to witness.

it is sssssoooooooooo sad : (

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry… I hope that he managed to save his brother.

Avatar Image says:

I feel so bad for poor robert. I’m almost crying right now, and I don’t even know him. Does anyone know where a US citizen can give sympathy to the family?

Avatar Image says:

I feel so bad for the whole family. Does anyone know where you could contact his brother or the family to give them sympathy?

Avatar Image says:

I hope they put a “in memory of robert knox…” at the end or beginning od the credits for HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Going to help his younger brother is a real act of bravery. Robert Knox would have been a terrific actor, I’m sure, but he sure is one of the bravest people I know.

Avatar Image says:

Holy moly! Thats so sad! I’m really really sorry for his family. And he was deffending his brother. May all that knew him remember him. May he rest in peace. :(

Avatar Image says:

That is so horrible! My friend came up to me in class and told me that someone who got into Harry Potter got killed. I came straight on here to find out. My prayers go out to his family. God bless you.

Avatar Image says:

What can I add that hasn’t already been said. Such a horrific way to meet his end, and at such a young age. His uncle is right, it is a waste of a promising life and career.

My heart felt sympathies and prayers to his family. God rest his soul.

Yes Sara I agree!

My prayers go to him and his family. May God rest His soul.

Avatar Image says:

ooooo god bless u robert i aggre with all!! your a real hero and every one nows it! rip

here it is

Avatar Image says:

Woah. Omg that is such saddening news! And it is even more saddening that he was trying to help his brother =(

My deepest sympathy goes out to his friends, family, cast members and fans. He really was too young.

R.I.P. Robert Knox xxx

Avatar Image says:

That is so sad :*( He was trying to help his brother and he was killed, how terrible! My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends and everyone else who knew him. Rest in peace Robert Knox.

Avatar Image says:

God bless his family and friends. Sympathies to those who knew him.

I agree, what type of person ends a young life in a bar brawl, what kind of trouble was his brother in?

OMG Noooo :( That is soo sad the way he died :(

May he rest in peace nd may all our sympathy be with him and the people he cared for :(

God Bless You Robert

he had his whole life ahead of him as well. The man that killed him should go to HELL !

Avatar Image says:

Another tragic killing involving knives and young people in london.

Its horribly, horribly sad.

What is our newly elected mayor doing to tackle this kind of crime?

Avatar Image says:

So sad and so tragic. I was very sorry to hear abou this, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Pat

Avatar Image says:

im very shocked to hear it ,so sad

Avatar Image says:

That is so terrible. I only just heard, having been on vacation and not really keeping up with the news… What a tragic way to die, nobody should have to at his age. God bless him.

Avatar Image says:

wow. he had courage. God bless him. he was brave. rest in peace robert.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so shocked to hear this. I know I’ve never seen him or known of him before now, but I cried all the same. My prayers are with his family and friends.

Write a Reply or Comment