Welcome!

Jul 09, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Hello! Welcome to my Leaky blog. I’ve found that more than six years covering this “beat” has given me a lot of thoughts about Potter, life, culture, fandom and more, that no one but you fine folk would be interested in hearing. Plus, I’ve been getting angry e-mails for two solid years from people who hate that our set reports have gone oral on the podcasts – and I agree with them, to a point (the point at which posting a set report during the week of the movie’s release becomes an act requiring either no sleep or Herculean multi-tasking abilities). Anyway, I have a lot of backlogged set details from the visits for four and five to talk about here, and will be posting the updates from the HBP visit here as well. I also really want to explore some questions about this terrific fandom and what it has been like for all of us over these years; how it’s changing, what’s going on, where we are coming from and what direction we find ourselves traveling.

Lately, friends tend to call me or come up to me and say, “So, what are you doing now, after Harry?” I blink at them. After Harry? There’s plenty of Harry left, thankyou. Plenty to discuss, plenty to celebrate, plenty to enjoy. So I hope you enjoy this blog. I’ll be back with the first real entry soon. For those of you who used to read the blog I did on the NY Post, called The Quibbler, this blog will be much like that one; I’ll even pick up where I left off, where we can discuss the epilogue in detail.

There will be a standing offer to answer any question you send me, and a genuine invitation to send me, well, whatever you want. Your links to your blogs, your funny stories, your ideas for entries, your Scrabble score. Just get me at [email protected]!

10 Responses to Welcome!

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, I am really looking forward to your blog! You’re right, there’s still tons to discuss in the fandom, and thus I’m really looking forward to what you have to discuss!

Avatar Image says:

I agree that I don’t understand this “after Harry” thing. Harry is just as much of my life now as it was a year ago today.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to read your Blogs. It would take me YEARS to talk about the fandom and everything inside of it.

P.S. Flobberworms you say? You under estimate me…Bring it lady! :D

Avatar Image says:

This is going to be fun. I can’t wait to read more.

I’m with Kimmy. What ‘after Harry’? I’m still as obsessed as ever.

Avatar Image says:

Hey Melissa!

This is great; I can’t wait to read all of your entries. I was still checking the Quibbler occasionally, “just in case”. ;) The tidbits here will help hold me over until your book is released – I’m very excited about that! Speaking of which…I know it’s available for pre-order on amazon, but is it listed in The Cauldron Shop yet? I’d like to go through there if it’ll help Leaky out.

Avatar Image says:

Melissa:

Can't wait to read your thoughts about the Trio. With a little luck I will meet you in a couple of weeks and get some insite into your book as well. Keep up the great work.
Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait for your book, Melissa! I absolutely love the title Harry, A History.

BRILLIANCE.

Blogs are fun :D

Avatar Image says:

All this talk of “after Harry” is nonsense.

I recently sent an email to the leader of the Harry Potter group at my school to ask about joining, and was quite excited about it. Today I got a reply in which she told me that the group had disbanded because the last book had come out, and there wasn’t anything to talk about anymore.

I was shocked, to say the least.

Avatar Image says:

Shoot, didn’t mean to double post that. I’m sorry.

Avatar Image says:

Hey lady of the cauldron! I’m so glad you’ll be dragging out all the little bits and secrets and tidbits for us to paw over. There is so much more to say and do in the fandom… I feel like the journey has just begun!

Write a Reply or Comment