107

Jul 13, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Last year, lucky viewers in the UK were able to view the special “J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life” documentary. That documentary is now set to air this weekend in Australia, and thanks to Sunrise, who let us know about a highlights reel they broadcast today. While we have seen clips of the JKR documentary made by James Runcie previously (including this one regarding the second generation), you can watch the preview clip that aired on Australian television via this link.

On a related note, while we are not aware of any plans to broadcast this program here in the US as of yet, a reminder that in November, ABC News will be broadcasting their own documentary on J.K. Rowling here in the States. This documentary is said to include “several interviews, the book tour for the final “Harry Potter” installment, and a tour of locations that inspired her characters. It even hints to what the future holds for Harry and his friends.”

31 Responses to Australian Television Airs Excerpts from J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life Documentary

Avatar Image says:

That sounds pretty cool. I can’t wait to see the one that will be here in the US!

Squee! First!

Avatar Image says:

I wish this one would come out in the US…I’ve already seen it though. It was reallyyy good. You could probably find it online somewhere…

Avatar Image says:

Aussies always get things after other people, and this is a good example.

So is HBP, which they are getting THREE WEEKS after the US and the UK.

A petition has been started to move the Australian date. It has alreadly received 750 signatures. Evidence from a previous petition about moving the Aussie OotP release date shows that 2000 sigs are is a good amount to have to get any action done (which did happen with OotP).

Help Aussie reach 2000 by signing!

Squee! I can’t wait until November!*

Yay! I am so excited for tonight! Pity I have to tape it :(

Avatar Image says:

Oh! theres a petition? Im signing it. theres no way im waiting till decemeber to the see HBP… a less i have too =|

Avatar Image says:

I’m in the US, but I’m signing your petition anyway because there’s no good reason Australia should get it 3 weeks later!

Avatar Image says:

just finished watching it in aus, it was pretty good, u could tell they added camera effects and music to make it over dramatic at times. where is the HBP trailer !!!!!!! ahahaha lol. is there a reason why channel 7 aired this. mayb its trailer time this week…....

Avatar Image says:

I just finished watching here!!! Its sooooo coool!!

Avatar Image says:

wow i just finished watching it. it was excellent. wooo….

Oh man that was so good. I’m so glad we finally got to see it. I love Jo :]

Avatar Image says:

woah it was awesome, now i can actually sey that JK Rowling is my role model!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I watched the documentary just before. It was great. I love seeing Jo, it makes me so happy! Also I signed that petition. I don’t think I can wait till December to see HBP!! At least not without a good reason as to why they are waiting to show it in Australia. Hopefully they will change it too sooner! :)

I LOVED it!!!

When Jo starting crying at the end I just want to run up to her and give her a hug, but alas, that was impossible =(

I reckon it was great doco, by far the best I’ve ever watched

Avatar Image says:

Yeahh, it was awesome. Jo gave really good interviews =D It sounded like she knew the interviewer pretty well. YAY

Avatar Image says:

Some excitement for the Aussie HP fans! It really was great, very inspiring, moving, and so good to see what Jo’s life is really like. I take on her main aspiration- to do the best I can with the talents I have. Good on you Jo! loves

Avatar Image says:

That was aMAZing – by far the best thing (there isn’t many) to do with Harry Potter to have aired in Australia. I am so glad Jo opened up. It was quite emotional. A great insight into Harry Potter and our favorite author. Thanks to Channel 7 for airing! :) :) :)

So going to go read HP now. I thought it was really funny the the person in Jo’s old flat owned the books – and they looked well read to!

Avatar Image says:

I watched it! I was so happy, coz Aussies hardly get to see much of HP related stuff, apart from when Channel Nine puts on a line up of all the harry potter movies (one each weekend) on the lead up to a new HP Movie.

Thanks so much to Channel Seven, it was a great show!

Lol, it was cool how the girl had the books on the shelf! And an amazing insight into J.K Rowling’s life!

Avatar Image says:

Even though I’m Irish I signed the petition. Australia shouldn’t have to wait!

Avatar Image says:

Isn’t there someone on here that has contacts at PBS/History Channel/Whatever to contact whomever in UK to get broadcast rights for the US??? As much as I like ABC et al, Mr. Runcie put in much more time developing this one than has ABC, and ABC will probably assume we know NOTHING about JKR/HP and water it all down.

Marvelous Melissa – Don’t you know someone?? Please? (on bended knee)

OMT

Avatar Image says:

Actually people in Canada were lucky too, we saw this documentary too, a little after it was aired in the UK

Avatar Image says:

This was a great documentary! Jo is so witty and charming…And I just watched it on YouTube. =)

Avatar Image says:

I thought the show was great. I just wished it was longer. Jo is amazing and I cant wait to read “the political fairytale” !!

Avatar Image says:

um…can i say something? this documentary everyone is looking for is available FREE OF CHARGE on YOUTUBE. Some really considerate person taped it from CBC’s ‘the passionate eye’ which airs in Canada, and decided to put it online so everyone else who missed the chance to see it can see it too. So, why are we having this whole “but i wanna see it too?” cry and scream and whatnot here? just go search for the name on youtube…

having said this, please DON”T try to be an ass by going off and reporting that poor soul to the youtube staff so they remove the bloody video set for ‘violation of terms’, ok? I’ve had this happen before and I just hate the unintelligent, self-centered ppl who do this sort of thing. They remind me of … well you get the point. :)

Avatar Image says:

I saw the Australian one last night on commercial tv. It was disappointing, fragmented (probably because they cut out chunks from the full 1 hour original to insert ads) and I couldnt help but think the original BBC version would have been much better. The question is where and when can I buy a dvd of the original interview which has not been tampered with?

Avatar Image says:

After watching the clips I kept thinking I had seen them before. Then it finally dawned on me. There are two J. K. Rowling documentaries available thru Netflix. I had seen them earlier this year. One is the subject of this news item. If you subscribe to Netflix, you can see the documentaries on DVD.

Avatar Image says:

No offence Ausstralia needs to stop complaining they got the oftp so stop complaining the us should get it.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe I missed it! Gah! I’m so annoyed.

HARRY’S PICTURES

Avatar Image says:

Bellatrix’s parole officer- the doc wasn’t shown on the BBC in the UK, it was on ITV which also had advert breaks (every 15 mins), so I doubt that anything was cut out!

Write a Reply or Comment