112

Aug 20, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

With the news that the film for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” had been rescheduled to July 17, 2009, there has been continued speculation regarding the fate of the video game. Earlier this week, EA confirmed to TLC that they are still “evaluating the impact of of the movie date change,” they are continuing to promote the video game at various events, including the 2008 Games Convention that is underway in Germany. G4 reports today that the company screened a trailer for the game, and then James and Oliver Phelps (Gred & Forge) came out to demo the game (a photo of the twins at the event available here). The November 13 release date remains on the official EA “Half-Blood Prince” game website as well.

On a related note MTV has two articles online relating to the game, including this piece where the executive producer of the HBP video game says making Wii the lead platform was the first decision he made when approaching the game. UPDATEThere is also a video interview with the producer that shows new footage from the Wii platform of the HBP seen here in our galleries courtesy of gametrailers.com. Quotage from the online article : “We made that decision from day one’ he told me last week. “We did, I think, a good job with the Wii last year, but we’re doing a great job this year. Because this is where the casual audience is, the mass audience is here. It’s a great control system, but you’ve got to learn to use it.” The article goes on to note that “moving their development mindset to the Wii allowed them to focus on making the game look as good as possible. “I’m really proud of how it looks. It does not look like a Wii game to me’ said Bunney. “There’s no excuse to not having the Wii version looking great.” There is also a new image from the game included in the article as well.

Finally, giving hope to many fans who have longed for an online massive role playing version of a Harry Potter game, MTV has this article online that states “I think there could be a fun MMO with Harry Potter’ said “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” executive producer Jonathan Bunney.

Of course, that doesn’t mean a “Harry Potter” MMO is actually coming. Bunney told me they’re completely focused on finishing “Half-Blood Prince” and approaching the difficulties of “Deathly Hallows” being split into two movies. “

23 Responses to EA Continues to Promote “Half-Blood Prince,” Made Wii Lead Platform for the Game

Avatar Image says:

I feel so sorry that EA Games gets shafted due to WB postponing HBP. Hopefully it won’t hurt sales.

First post!

Ditto Laughing Man…

Almost thought I was first :-)

Avatar Image says:

I hope there’s an MMO-HP game! That would be awesome! I’m so glad they didn’t move the date of the HBP game(yet)!

Avatar Image says:

Xmas is the best campaign for sales. WB has been selfish changing the date. With their reason to the change to Summer, how can we trust they won’t change HP7.1? It is in Xmas too. If they are coherent, they should change it for the next summer.

Avatar Image says:

WB screwed everyone… us, the fans, EA, even the society that was going to get the premiere in the UK (where procedes would be for charity). I really hope that the HBP game gets released this year. I wanted to buy the Wii game now that my brother has one and I can use it. I can’t wait to play it seeing as I loved OotP and this looks like an upgraded and expanded OotP! I can’t wait! Please EA, don’t make us wait more! Think of us! I know y’all care about your fans and customers.

Avatar Image says:

i really dont think i’ll buy the game! for all we know there could be massive spoilers in this game…i don’t want the movie to be ruined anymore than it already. oh well.

Avatar Image says:

I hope they release the game. EA got screwed just like us. :( I’ll buy the game. I’m too much of a HP freak. I NEED THE FIX! :P

Avatar Image says:

I really hope it still comes out on November 13th! I can’t wait to play it since the movie has been moved back.

Avatar Image says:

Kim – it’s the game of the film of the book. I don’t think you can avoid spoilers really! Or do you mean for the one scene that’s been added that wasn’t in the book? I’m not worried about that tbh. Not cannon, don’t care, I’m just planning to enjoy all 3 elements in their own right.

Avatar Image says:

Let all of us, HP fans, buy the game on the 13th of November (if it stays the releasing date) and then WB will see they made a big mistake moving the film to July 2009. If they see how good the sales were for the game, they won’t dare to try to move one of the next films!!!

Avatar Image says:

Has nobody else noticed that it says “Gred and Forge” in the article? Was this intentional?

Avatar Image says:

I know the HP games are not popular with some people. But I love them and am looking forward to this one!

Avatar Image says:

don’t they mean fred and gorge not gred and forge?

Avatar Image says:

Martyn P and Robyn….. I’m pretty sure the Gred and Forge was intentional! You don’t remember Christmas in PS/SS book?

I really hope the game will still be released in Nov. I think I’ll be able to cope with the wait if I can have the HBP game to play! I feel bad for the position that WB have put EA in though, I hope EA don’t lose lots of sales.

Avatar Image says:

Really hope the date stays the same, gives us something to look forward to

Avatar Image says:

It’s funny, I’d feel sorry for EA, as they’re the little guy getting screwed over in this situation, but hell, I’ve heard about how badly they treat their employees (And I KNOW how badly they treat the fans of their games), so I’m not going to bother. Screw them both.

Avatar Image says:

Pls oh God plsssssss let the date stay the same. It is a little bit of the movie so plssssssssss let it be in November. And it would be fun if there is online game.

Avatar Image says:

Well, WB’s actions in rescheduling the release of HBP IS going to impact the sales of games and anything else where the WB gets a licensing fee because I will not buy the products. I have a Wii system and a PS3. I also have a 1080P 70 inch HDTV and a Blu-Ray player. I will not buy the movies on Blu-Ray nor the games for these systems. Its called BOYCOTT! If everyone does it we can make WB scream!! Imagine the echoes from their empty cash vault.

Avatar Image says:

Oh I hope there is an online HP game one day. that would be awesome.

I hope the game does still come out this year, at least it will give me something to do till next year…I think it’ll be another slap in the face if we have to wait for the game as well..

Avatar Image says:

I Hope that video means that the Hogwarts in the HBP game will be twice as big as the one from the last. That was a fun game but the school was too small. They also need some better rewards, those trophies and video clips were nice but didn’t do anything for the game. It made collecting and unlocking a little pointless.

Avatar Image says:

warner bros seem to take a lot for granted. well, true potter-fans are true and reliable.

(off topic: actually i wanted to see the new batman movie in any case, but right now i won’t. marketing dead actors is disgusting in any case.)

Avatar Image says:

i’ll buy the game whenever it comes out, for my wii. i have ps3 but i got OOTP on my wii and it was awesome, i think i’ll do the same with HBP :D

and i think gred and forge was a joke? maybe something to do with what happend at this convention where the twins did a demo of the game?

either way i laughed at it anyhoo.. LOL.

Avatar Image says:

Who knows, maybe postponing the movie will help rather than hinder the game. The only way to get your HBP fix is to buy the game. Plus, there might be a bit of surge next summer when the movie does (hopefully) come out.

Write a Reply or Comment