Dan Radcliffe Talks Epilogue of "Deathly Hallows" Movie and more on Inside Actors Studio

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
October 16, 2008, 11:53 AM

As readers will remember, a few weeks back we first told you that actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would be a guest on the Bravo channel show "Inside the Actors Studio" for their new season.  The recording of the program took place early last week at Pace University, and the first snippets from the interview are starting to appear online via a new article from The Pace Press newspaper.  Among the many topics discussed with interviewer James Lipton, Mr. Radcliffe briefly mentions the Epilogue in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in regards to actors Rupert Grint and Emma Watson portraying characters Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger in the film adaptation.  He says: "It's going to be a source of entertainment to see Ron and Hermione together."

In addition to this, Mr. Radcliffe speaks further on the Harry Potter films and his experience working with the cast and crew.  When speaking of the "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" film, he remembers during the interview that director Alfonso Cuaron was able to push him to his limits when acting.  He says of Mr. Cuaron's directing style:

"You want somebody you can suggest things to, not someone you're intimidated by. You also want somebody who will turn to you after a take and say, 'That was not very good at all.' That's how you know you can trust his judgment."
Mr. Radcliffe continues, speaking on his childhood and what brought him into acting after he describes himself as being "crap at everything."  When asked if, as a child, he lived through his imagination, Radcliffe replied:  "Yes, and I still do. I have this fascination with the world. I like to observe weird things like how a door closes, or the grates on a subway platform."  Mr. Radcliffe also feels he shares a few characteristics with the character of Harry Potter, including a "innate curiosity about the world…" and, he says, "We have very good friends too."

Finally, Mr. Radcliffe's performance in the Peter Shaffer play "Equus" leads to talk of his preparation for the physically demanding role, the psychological aspects of the story, and his experiences with the American audiences.  Of the differences between the UK and Stateside audiences, he is quoted as saying: "[New York audiences] are amazing. They pick up on everything and are more generous."

As we've reported many times on Leaky, "Equus" currently runs through February 8, 2009 at the Broadhurst Theatre in New York City.  A limited number of tickets are still available and can be purchased via this link.  More information the play and performances can be found on the official “Equus” website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Christine

I wish I could watch Equus. :( Too bad I live too far away !

Posted by Christine on October 16, 2008, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Cat

Looking forward to Dan’s appearance on “Insider The Actor’s Studio” … it will be nice to him in an interview that is longer that 5 minutes or just a short clip.

Posted by Cat on October 16, 2008, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Jeannine

You would think a person who actually attended the program could get her facts straight.There are so many things incorrect in this articule …..hope this person isn’t a journalist major …..among other things Dan’s middle name is not James it’s Jacob ….it was very nice they were son kind to him but kinder would have been
acuate information for those who didn’t attend.

Posted by Jeannine on October 16, 2008, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Sheri

I love Dan! He’s so talented and perfect for the role of Harry Potter. Not to mention he’s really hot, too!

I agree with Christine. I wish that I could go see Equus too. I live in CT which isn’t that far away from NY, but still it’d take a few hours before we could get there. And plus I’m sure that all of the tickets are almost sold out, if they’re not sold out already. And also, I’m sure it’s really expensive. Too bad. sighs:(

Oh well, keep on workin’ Dan! Can’t wait till Deathly Hallows comes out!:)

Posted by Sheri on October 16, 2008, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Sheri

Oh well, keep on workin’ Dan! Can’t wait till Deathly Hallows comes out!:)

Posted by Sheri on October 16, 2008, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Randy

I saw Dan perform in Equus in London – he did an amazing job! It’s not an easy play and he was great. I can’t imagine someone else in that role now. Richard Griffiths was amazing too – he IS that doctor.

Posted by Randy on October 16, 2008, 10:33 PM report to moderator
izziewitch

This has nothing to do with Inside, but if you go here http://nytimes.whsites.net/talk/podcasts/radcliffe.mp4
you can listen to the entire interview he did at TimesTalk. He’s wonderful.

Posted by izziewitch on October 16, 2008, 10:33 PM report to moderator
angelaleighton

I can not wait to see Dan on the show, Harry lives and marries Ginny they have three children, a girl and two boys I read the book.

Posted by angelaleighton on October 16, 2008, 10:45 PM report to moderator
Ginny Potter

Where does it say his middle name is James?? The only James I saw was someone named James Lipton.

Posted by Ginny Potter on October 16, 2008, 10:56 PM report to moderator
snapeliciousness

any idea when the interview will be broadcast on Bravo? I tried very hard to get tickets for the taping but could not!!

Posted by snapeliciousness on October 16, 2008, 11:04 PM report to moderator
Moody One

I can’t wait to see Dan’s interview with Mr. Lipton. I REALLY can’t wait to see the last 3 movies!

Posted by Moody One on October 16, 2008, 11:28 PM report to moderator
Jeannine

@Ginney Potter………It says….Born July 23,1989,
Daniel James Radcliffe……….I think this person got Dan confused with
James Potter[lol!]

Posted by Jeannine on October 17, 2008, 03:04 AM report to moderator
qwill

WOW! I missed that he was going to be on “Inside the Actor’s Studio.” I cannot wait. I wonder what his favorite curse word is.

Posted by qwill on October 17, 2008, 03:12 AM report to moderator
HPLUVER

Sheri, some of us live in countries on the other sideof the world!
Do u think that a few hours drive is bad?! b cuz its nothing 2
some of us. some of us would kill 2 live where u do & have to only drive a little, and u can’t even think about getting off ur fat arse!

Posted by HPLUVER on October 17, 2008, 06:16 AM report to moderator
jasmine

This reporter is mediocre. I much enjoyed the blog reports about this event which were posted last week. That was more entertaining and so rich in detail. This was supposed to be a very funny interview but they “censored” those jokes about Napoleon and God being short so we have this dry, albeit informative article. It would have been so much better if a fan was allowed to write about this event.

Posted by jasmine on October 17, 2008, 08:15 AM report to moderator

[i]That's what they should teach here,[/i] he thought, turning over onto his side, [i]how girls' brains work... it'd be more useful than Divination anyway...[/i]

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014