PotterCast 170.5: Leaky Trailer MiniShow

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
October 26, 2008, 06:15 PM

As TLC first reported this morning, the International Teaser Trailer for the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" film made its way online and contains an abundance of new footage from the upcoming sixth film.  The brand new trailer can be seen in our Video Galleries courtesy of TrailerAddict.com as well as on our YouTube channel.  This afternoon we have for you a mini-episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, containing the reactions from the PotterCast quartet.  Join Melissa, Sue, John, and Frak as they discuss this ninety-two second trailer in great detail; focusing on the new scenes contained in the trailer, the moments with Harry and Dumbledore in the cave, the attack on the Burrow, Ron and Lavendar, and much more.  We also call a number of PotterCast listeners for their opinions and favorite moments from the trailer.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Leaky Trailer MiniShow”

- Serious Dumbledore.
- Cloud of Fire.
- McGonagall's wand.
- Lines we love.
- PotterCast calls out for fan opinions.

RT: 30:10

Producer: John Noe

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (14 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Lily Phoenix

THANK YOU FOR CALLING ME POTTERCAST! I turned into a ridiculously over the top fangirl, sory about that. But seriously I’m so happy I got to talk to you guys in any case, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Posted by Lily Phoenix on October 26, 2008, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Brenda

OMG! I can’t FRCIKIN WAIT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TO! I just REALLY, REALLY, hope Michael Gambon improves his Dumbledore! BUT OMG OMG…!!! SQUEEEE

Posted by Brenda on October 26, 2008, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Courtney Thank you “Edward from TLC” for explaning where to get the pottercast. Sorry i was just spazing out because i couldnt get it even when i clicked the link in the shownotes. But it works now. Thanks again. :)
Posted by Courtney on October 26, 2008, 09:20 PM report to moderator
gryffindor

I agree this trialer looks like it has some unfinished parts for example McGonagall’s spell looks really fake, Bellatrix appears to be casting a spell, without the flash and color they usually add in the movies. Anyways this is awesome! now im goign to listen to the pottercast! :D

Posted by gryffindor on October 27, 2008, 12:02 AM report to moderator
loonyluna

“but I am the chosen one”
lolo… so funny!

Posted by loonyluna on October 27, 2008, 06:07 AM report to moderator
loonyluna

“but I am the chosen one”
lolo… so funny!

Posted by loonyluna on October 27, 2008, 06:07 AM report to moderator
loonyluna

“but I am the chosen one”
lolo… so funny!

Posted by loonyluna on October 27, 2008, 06:07 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

“but I am the chosen one”
Something right in the same “vein” as “Just because YOU have the emotional range of a teaspoon!”
ROFL!!!! Can’t wait for the movie! Thanks, ‘Leaky’

Posted by Confederate Lady on October 27, 2008, 08:56 AM report to moderator
KB Prez

That last scene where Harry tells Hermione he is the “chosen one” is funny!

Posted by KB Prez on October 27, 2008, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Petra

correct me if i’m wrong, but voldemort (ralph fiennes) does not make an actual appearance in this movie, so the flash of him is from either GOF or OOTP.. so i don’t really see how he would be creeping around hogwart’s hallways…
did anyone notice, that right after harry yelles: fight back you coward! and they show the cornfield back at the burrow, harry steps in front of ginny to protect her from greyback.. i’m sure it follows the scene where ginny is disarmed. awww
my thoughts on if the trailer softened the blow on the wb betrayal: i think a lot of people are feeling elated lately when we get pictures and snippets of the movie.. but i don’t buy it. first of all, this is not a confirmed official trailer, meaning wb did not release it, it got leaked. so wb did not give us anything. and even if they give the official trailer, it’s not an equal substitute for the movie we were already promised… so as excited as i am for this trailer and the movie, cause it looks great, i’m not letting wb off the hook

Posted by Petra on October 27, 2008, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Witchchylde

Hahaha! Not Ron and Snape, but Harry and Hermione and the book-whacking!

Posted by Witchchylde on October 27, 2008, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Mimblewimble

Still have not watched any trailer for this movie because I don’t want it spoiled. It sucks right now because I am missing out on all this commenting but it will pay off when I see the film next summer and it is all 100% new stuff that I’ve never seen before. But that’s just me, I am happy that everyone else is enjoying the trailer(s) so much.

Posted by Mimblewimble on October 27, 2008, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Shawna

That was amazing! I cant wait! Which makes absolutly peeved because the bloody movie does come out for another 8 months. Warner Bros. really knows how to screw things up. Oh well Its still going to be a wicked movie!!!!!!!

Posted by Shawna on October 27, 2008, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Courtney

hey Rachel if you are out there you have to watch the trailer! go do it now!

Posted by Courtney on October 27, 2008, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Rachel

I love ya Court.

Posted by Rachel on October 27, 2008, 07:49 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry descended the stairs, very conscious of everybody still staring at him, stowing his wand into the back pocket of his jeans as he came.[br]"Don't put your wand there, boy!" roared Moody. "What if it ignited? Better wizards than you have lost buttocks