Fat Friar Story Contest
Nov 01, 2008
Fat Friar Story Contest
Rose Weasley carefully removed the Sorting Hat, placed it back on the three-legged stool and then quickly rushed to join her favorite cousin, Albus Severus, who was already seated at the Gryffindor table next to his older brother, James. Rose gave a sigh of relief as she accepted the well wishes of her two cousins, grateful to no longer be the center of attention. As her nerves settled, she looked around the Great Hall curiously taking in the students, the teachers, and the ghosts¦.
Rose was anxious to get to her bedroom that night so she could do some light reading in a book her mother had recommended Rose check out from the library as soon as she arrived at school–Hogwarts: A History. She wanted to learn more about the House ghosts she had seen in the Great Hall earlier that evening. As she read the story of the Bloody Baron and the Grey Lady she shuddered uncontrollably and snuggled more deeply into her blankets while making a mental note to avoid crossing the Bloody Baron’s path at all costs. And while Nearly-Headless Nick’s story was also rather gruesome (after all, who wants to be struck with a dull axe 45 times?), he seemed quite cheerful and popular as he talked to the Gryffindor students over a dinner he couldn’t eat. The Fat Friar seemed the least intimidating of all the ghosts Rose encountered that evening and she turned expectantly to find his entry. Much to her dismay, the page was missing¦.
The Contest Staff invites you to write a 600 word entry for Hogwarts: A History about the Fat Friar and how he became a ghost. Please make your entry as professional as possible. We don’t want Madam Pince accusing Rose of desecrating one of her precious library books!
Rules for Entrants
- Write about how the Fat Friar became the Hufflepuff ghost at Hogwarts – as if it was in Hogwarts: A History – in 600 words or less.
- Your Hogwarts: A History entry must be consistent with the canon from the Harry Potter books.
- There is a strict PG-13 rating for the stories.
- One entry per person. All work must be original.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
- Anyone 13 and older may enter the contest, including staff members who are not part of the judging process.
- All submissions must be e-mailed to email@example.com by November 30, 2008 at 11:59 pm (EST) with “Fat Friar” in the subject line of the e-mail. Please copy-paste the story into the body of the e-mail and include a name to be used for authorship (real name or Leaky Lounge name).
- Winners will be chosen for first, second, and third place. The First Place winner will receive a custom made Wizard Wood Wands as a prize.
- Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
- If you have any questions not answered on the FAQ or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner forum of the Leaky Lounge.
Update: Winners and winning entries to the contest!
First Place: momwitch
Honorable Mention: Matthew