New Half-Blood Prince Trailer

HBP Film
Posted by: Melissa
November 14, 2008, 12:00 PM

WB has sent fan sites the links to a new Half-Blood Trailer, which will be live with Twilight NEXT Friday. Enjoy!

(A special reaction PotterCast is now on our feed; subscribers, please update. You can also watch it with trailer clips at our YouTube channel.)

You can now view this video in our video galleries.

Windows HD

Large
Medium
Small
Low

IPod
IPod Version

This trailer features Harry and Dumbledore going on one of their missions; Slugnorn's class, Ron passing out, a return of Pyromaniac Seamus, Ron's "in love" with Romilda scene, Luna in her Spectrespecs, Tom at the orphanage, Harry being called the Chosen One several times, Harry and Dumbledore at the cave, Quidditch, the young Tom Riddle, a smoky Dark Mark, a scene of Death Eater excitement at Hogwarts, a pale and worried-looking Draco, the just-before-kiss for Ginny and Harry, Harry and Hermione talking on top of the Astronomy tower, the fire scene at the cave, "Fight back, you coward!", Snape, Death Eaters destroying a bridge, Harry trapped as Dumbledore faces Snape, and a score that sounds much different than those that have come before.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

patrick

unlike many who have commented on this board. im still quite bitter with the fact that if da mn alan horne hadnt moved the movie, we would be seeing this masterpeace in 1 week!!!! 1 WEEK! anyway. this trailer is the shi t and i am very very excited!! they did a fantastic job of getting alot of differnt things into this trailer. music was great. and geeze y’all, this movie is gonna rock

Posted by patrick on November 14, 2008, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Professor Potter

Having now watch this a 100 times now, in slow motion frame by frame on quicktime, I’m sorry to say it, and I’m honestly not the sort of person who makes innuendos, but when Ron is shown in the quidditch scene, the angle of the broom and his victory pose makes him look like he has…um…“scored”….LOL..I;m soo sorry…

Posted by Professor Potter on November 14, 2008, 05:07 PM report to moderator
jenn.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Posted by jenn. on November 14, 2008, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Kickinmhl

Wow that was a really good trailer.
I can’t wait til it comes out….better be a long movie, there are a lot of plot points in that trailer.

Posted by Kickinmhl on November 14, 2008, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Dontez Davis

Man WB why do you guys keep teasing us with these trailers man dude i cannot wait to see these movie ahhhhhhhhhh july hurry up and come

Posted by Dontez Davis on November 14, 2008, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Brianna

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am about to flippin’ cry!!! (after 7 minutes of screaming) okay, okay. THIS LOOKS WICKED!!!! omg omg, they have hermione crying after ron, they have ron and the potion, they have my line in their (fight back u coward) they have slughorn (love that dude) they’ve got lil tom, they’ve got draco (AHHHHH!) the dark mark, they got some comedy. OMG!!!, after thinking i think it’s worth they wait XD (btw, when i saw OOTP last year i couldn’t stop shaking- wonder what might happen at the begining of HBP)

Posted by Brianna on November 14, 2008, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Christine

Lol. Hermione’s shirt when she is crying looks a little immature for her. But whatever, I’d wear it anyday anyway. Haha. (: I bet she’s crying about Ron and Lavender snogging. There’s a staircase behind her …

Posted by Christine on November 14, 2008, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Corey

How GREAT is that sweeping shot of tiny Dumbledore on the rock in the ocean? Ahhh….very Lord of the Rings! But that’s a good thing!

And the bridge attack scene looks very cool, as well.

However, I hate what they’ve done to the memory scenes…the cinematography in the original teaser trailer was spot on, but the filmmakers had to go and mess it up with CG effects. Ugh!

And the music! Why can’t Nicholas Hooper write this kind music? Isn’t it about time that choral versions of themes were inserted into the score? If a choral Hedwig’s Theme is not in DH, I will be disappointed.

Posted by Corey on November 14, 2008, 05:24 PM report to moderator
gregln

HOLY CRAP!!! That was AMAZING! Can’t wait for it to come out. Gosh still 244 days to go.

Posted by gregln on November 14, 2008, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Professor Potter

The death eaters are flying through Trafalgar square…I’m frightened…so close to my home ;) Oh and if you move frame by frame through the first apparition, the images are most disturbing! And thats the Millenium Bridge falling. Its ironic because when the bridge was first opened in 1999 (The Thames River first walking only bridge), it was unexpectedly swaying when many people walked on it making them feel sick! Bit of a PR disaster as it was meant to mark the Millenium. Now those damn death eaters have dealt its last sway! Oh what a feast of a trailer. I’m supposed to be out dining and drinking with friends right now but I aint going…noo nooo, I have me a fabulous HPB trailer to dissect…

Posted by Professor Potter on November 14, 2008, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Christine

I hate how this trailer is going to come out with Twilight. Now Twilight will do better in the Box Office because HP fans just want to go see it.

Posted by Christine on November 14, 2008, 05:29 PM report to moderator
jeenee

i <3 david yates.

Posted by jeenee on November 14, 2008, 05:30 PM report to moderator
afton

1. OMG
2. ok, seriously? seriously. WHAT IS WRONG WITH WB? seethes

Posted by afton on November 14, 2008, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

So Twilight has a use after all! Love that Seamus is back blowin stuff plus what is with Hermione’s hair in the potion room, oh oh and she’s crying over Ron brilliant! Oh and is that Luna walking wih Harry through Hogwarts gates, she walks like she’s got a peg leg. The effects on the memory scenes are amazing. This isn’t fair I wish I could say this was coming in a week! Tres poo

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 14, 2008, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Christine

I’m so amazed with this trailer. sobs Why can’t we see it next week??!?!

Posted by Christine on November 14, 2008, 05:39 PM report to moderator

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere [i]memory[/i] of me!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014