New Half-Blood Prince Trailer

HBP Film
Posted by: Melissa
November 14, 2008, 12:00 PM

WB has sent fan sites the links to a new Half-Blood Trailer, which will be live with Twilight NEXT Friday. Enjoy!

(A special reaction PotterCast is now on our feed; subscribers, please update. You can also watch it with trailer clips at our YouTube channel.)

You can now view this video in our video galleries.

Windows HD

Large
Medium
Small
Low

IPod
IPod Version

This trailer features Harry and Dumbledore going on one of their missions; Slugnorn's class, Ron passing out, a return of Pyromaniac Seamus, Ron's "in love" with Romilda scene, Luna in her Spectrespecs, Tom at the orphanage, Harry being called the Chosen One several times, Harry and Dumbledore at the cave, Quidditch, the young Tom Riddle, a smoky Dark Mark, a scene of Death Eater excitement at Hogwarts, a pale and worried-looking Draco, the just-before-kiss for Ginny and Harry, Harry and Hermione talking on top of the Astronomy tower, the fire scene at the cave, "Fight back, you coward!", Snape, Death Eaters destroying a bridge, Harry trapped as Dumbledore faces Snape, and a score that sounds much different than those that have come before.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Alan

OMG!!! I got chills from watching it! I love all the scenes dealing with Harry and Dumbledore’s lessons!!! The whole trailer is just AWESOME!!

Posted by Alan on November 14, 2008, 07:45 PM report to moderator
emma

holy CRAPOLA this was the most amazing trailer in the world!! funny, sad, bittersweet, suspenseful, INCREDIBLE.

Posted by emma on November 14, 2008, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Sisu

OMGOMGOMG!! i cant stop watching it !!! teh movie is going to be so thrilling i cant´t wait!!!!!!!!

Posted by Sisu on November 14, 2008, 07:50 PM report to moderator
Anonymousme

Hopefully, I’m not let down, but this one looks like it might be a lot better—less rushed/choppy—than the last two.

Posted by Anonymousme on November 14, 2008, 07:53 PM report to moderator
decarus

Hermione’s hair was only bushy at the end of the potion lesson. I think she and the other kids are facing harry as slughorn hands him the lucky potion. We have seen a picture of that.

The memories are different in this film then they are in the book. There is only the memory of dumbledore first meeting voldemort and then slughorn’s memory in the tampered with and untampered with versions. I would have liked to see the gaunts and the cup and the locket, but what can you do. I cannot believe they aren’t mentioned at least.

The bridge that collapses is the millenium bridge in london. It is the only pedestrian bridge in london. You can see St. Paul’s and the tate modern in the shot, wicked cool. It seems like the bridge was attacked by death eaters though and not dementors.

Regardless, the trailer was awesome.

Posted by decarus on November 14, 2008, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Miss Freewind

I LOVED the trailer (but I still hate WB). This trailer was really funny, yet strangely serious at the same time. I was surprised at the amount of new material they showed because I thought they would have waited until closer to next July. Also, am I the only one that has noticed that they really like to use the smoky mist effect on a lot of people and objects?

Posted by Miss Freewind on November 14, 2008, 07:59 PM report to moderator
MUHAHAHA

Where is the PotterCast discussion on this?

Posted by MUHAHAHA on November 14, 2008, 08:09 PM report to moderator
rosalie

This trailer is fantastic. I love the shot of Draco by the mirror and the Harry/Ginny kiss shot (squee!!!). Both were beautifully lit. Actually, everything was really beautiful looking. I think this will be the best film yet.

Posted by rosalie on November 14, 2008, 08:14 PM report to moderator
H

Suddenly I have the urge to brave the giggling crowds and go to see Twilight when it comes out . . .

Posted by H on November 14, 2008, 08:18 PM report to moderator
H

Oh, I forgot to mention, fantastic trailer overall and I love what they’ve done with the music. It represents the second wizarding war perfectly.

Posted by H on November 14, 2008, 08:19 PM report to moderator
marillawhite

it’s funny…I never realized how different this plot is from the other books—but look how much emphasis the movie seems to be putting on Harry having to get the real memory from Slughorn.

I, like Harry, tend to not think about that part when I think about HBP. don’t take it very seriously

Posted by marillawhite on November 14, 2008, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Christine

Look at this screencap of Harry, Dumbledore, the grits teeth crystal cave and INFERI!

Creepy (:

Posted by Christine on November 14, 2008, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Bloogah

That was quite amazing. They’ve really epic’d the Hedwig Theme, and it sounds fantastic. The look and feel of the movie, judging from these scenes of course, seems very dark and dreary, with the right amont of humour thrown in. Those scenes from the Tower were chill-inducing… wow, just amazing. Hopefully, it lives up to the hype, and June comes sooner.

Posted by Bloogah on November 14, 2008, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

I just read EVERY SINGLE POSTING ON THIS!!!!! OMG! Professor Potter, you’ve got it, kiddo! Let’s see if I got all the “major words” right: OMG, WOW, Sqeeee [I still didn’t spell it right, did I ?] Fantastic, awesome,and I think that’s about all I could handle! Don’t worry, folks, about “seeing everything in the trailer” I think this is only the “tip of the iceburg”….it’s only going to whet our appetites for this “freaking awesome” movie! HP Otakus, of the world, unite! WE’RE ON A ROLLLLLLL!

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 14, 2008, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Shahir

did anyone else feel like that was kind of awkward to watch because they hated the background voice, some of the acting felt like a completely different genre or movie, and some of the scriptwriting was not at all like the book?
im very worried

Posted by Shahir on November 14, 2008, 08:33 PM report to moderator

"I -- I thought they were funny," Hagrid said uncertainly to Hermione.[br]"Oh, tremendously funny!" said Malfoy. "Really witty, giving us books that try and rip our hands off!"