LeakyCon Wrocking and Wrolling! Band Lineup Announced!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
December 14, 2008, 11:19 PM

LeakyCon 2009, our Harry Potter conference in Boston this May, is currently open for registration and proposals (academic and informal), but tonight we are thrilled to announce our fabulous lineup of wizard rock bands for the event. They will take place over three days, on several themes:

Thursday: It's Evil Night (which will take place in the hotel's neighboring castle), 8pm to midnight, featuring Draco and the Malfoys, The Parselmouths, Justin Finch-Fletchley and the Sugar Quills and Swish and Flick

Friday: Rock Night, 8pm to midnight, featuring Harry and the Potters, The Whomping Willows, Gred and Forge, and Tonks and the Aurors

Saturday we will have an afternoon show (with a title to be announced) from 1pm to 5pm, will featuring The Remus Lupins, The Moaning Myrtles, The Mudbloods and RiddleTM.

That's twelve bands! Admission to all shows comes with a conference ticket, which you can get right here.

We can't wait to see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Rachael

It is decided. I am going, no matter what my parents say. I will start walking now if I have to.

xD

Posted by Rachael on December 14, 2008, 11:38 PM report to moderator
LA

Ahh (hyperventilates, dies) DRACO AND THE MALFOYS AND HARRY AND THE POTTERS AND THE MUDBLOODS! Three separate nights of AWESOME. (dies some more)

AHH! We HAVE to book this ASAP!!! Yes, I’m that spastik!!!

You know, I was much calmer when I had no plans to go to this thing. Your fault!!!

Hugs~
Mess

Posted by LA on December 14, 2008, 11:39 PM report to moderator
acciolove

This is an awesome line-up! So much wrock!!! Question: why is JFF on Evil Night? I can’t wait until May :)

Posted by acciolove on December 14, 2008, 11:46 PM report to moderator
TannerParadox

Gred and Forge FTW. Too bad you dont have MoM. They are the Epicness that IS Wrock

Posted by TannerParadox on December 14, 2008, 11:54 PM report to moderator
Chad

It would have been more awesomeness with MoM and OBatR but oh well it’s all good. sooooooo excited

Posted by Chad on December 15, 2008, 12:01 AM report to moderator
courteni

lovely line up! YAY HATP! hopefully you can get MoM!

Posted by courteni on December 15, 2008, 12:23 AM report to moderator
ispeaktroll

Can we haz Ministry of Magic? :D

..please?

Posted by ispeaktroll on December 15, 2008, 12:24 AM report to moderator
ispeaktroll

but lovely line-up! :]

Posted by ispeaktroll on December 15, 2008, 12:24 AM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!!!! Jen and Rhiannon have you seen this???? Whoohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Posted by LemonFaerie on December 15, 2008, 04:06 AM report to moderator
CeNedra

This is whay I’m getting with my Christmas money! I love that I’m close enough to not have to spring for a hotel room!

Posted by CeNedra on December 15, 2008, 06:50 AM report to moderator
Bookworm Jen

SQUEE! I am so excited; this just made a miserable Monday morning much happier! Hi, Lemon! :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on December 15, 2008, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Crom

Oh no’es this makes me even more un-happy about not living in the U.S.
Ahwell maybe in the next life.
Hope all you that are going have a great time. And make sure you video *wink.

Posted by Crom on December 15, 2008, 09:39 AM report to moderator
llol

i wanna go to boston!!!

Posted by llol on December 15, 2008, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Alatarielle

JFF is part of the evil night? :O

the line up looks great! I cant wait for LeakyCon! Can it be May now?!?!

Posted by Alatarielle on December 15, 2008, 11:34 AM report to moderator
whompingwillows

JFF is the Hufflepuff that all the Slytherins will pick on. :D

Posted by whompingwillows on December 15, 2008, 11:41 AM report to moderator

Ron, who still had not said a word, took the badge, stared at it for a moment, and then held it out to Harry as though asking mutely for confirmation that it was genuine. Harry took it. A large P was super-imposed on the Gryffindor lion. He had seen a bad