Harry, A History Updates: Boston Signing, Yule Ball, and More Vault Tidbits

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
December 16, 2008, 04:46 PM

First and foremost, thank you all again, because Harry, A History (UK version here) is enjoying its fourth week on the New York Times Bestseller List!

Second: I'm excited to announce that I'll be doing a discussion and signing of the book on December 21 at the Harvard Co-op in Boston, just before (and right near) Harry and the Potters' Yule Ball at the Middle East. (Facebook event here.) In addition to the signing we'll be giving out two free tickets to the Yule Ball, courtesy Harry and the Potters and the Middle East!

Again, here's the info:

Harry, A History discussion and signing
Harvard Coop
18 Palmer Street (click here for map), Cambridge, MA
3 p.m., December 21
Free!

4th Annual Boston Yule Ball
Sunday, December 21, 2008
5 p.m.
Middle East Downstairs
480 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA

Please join me for both!

Third: I've just uploaded a new entry on the Harry, A History site, about the ending of book five, featuring some words from Jo on the subject:

I think overall in the series it's the darkest book, because of what Harry's going through internally. Because you always see the world through Harry's eyes even though it's not a first-person narrative. His mood, his internal climate affects everything. So once he comes out fighting in six, it's as though the sun comes out to an extent, and even though the world around him is tough, he's now imbued with this quite gung-ho spirit, so I think the mood lifts enormously.

Again, thank you all for your tremendous reaction, emails, and support. It makes an enormous difference! And while I may spend sixteen more hours a week reading my inbox than usual these days, nothing could make me happier.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

llol

sweet first comment!!!

Posted by llol on December 16, 2008, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Emily

Yay! I’ll be there!

Posted by Emily on December 16, 2008, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Christie

Awesome!!

I’ve been taking photos of Harry, a History when I see it in bookstores. They actually have several copies on 3 different displays in one of the Princes Street Waterstone’s in Edinburgh! One of them is right by the door and it has the first 3 HP books, Beedle the Bard, and about 10 copies of Harry, a History. It made me happy:)

Posted by Christie on December 16, 2008, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Jenny

Yay! I’m going to both! I can’t wait!!!!! squee!

Posted by Jenny on December 16, 2008, 05:41 PM report to moderator
CeNedra

I wish I had known about this sooner. I have to work that day. Hope everyone has a blast!

Posted by CeNedra on December 16, 2008, 07:07 PM report to moderator
hpjustadad

Melissa;
Thank YOU for the book and reminding me of the fun we all had during those years. I finished it last weekend and enjoyed it very much. Your accomplishments do you honor.

Here’s hoping for “the Scottish Book” and for another tale of Albus Severus Potter.

Posted by hpjustadad on December 17, 2008, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Jen-en-en-a!!!

Yes!!!! Totally going to the book signing!!!! Omg!!!!!

Posted by Jen-en-en-a!!! on December 17, 2008, 08:30 AM report to moderator
OvelpRileBill Хм, отличная статья ;)
Posted by OvelpRileBill on December 17, 2008, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Torrey

Loved your book! It was wonderful to read about someone else’s obsession with Harry Potter!

Posted by Torrey on December 17, 2008, 02:27 PM report to moderator
emmy

I’ve been visiting several different English bookstores in my country, but there’s no ‘Harry A History’ to browse through- which is what I want to do before buying

Posted by emmy on December 17, 2008, 06:08 PM report to moderator
hpfan

Got a snow date? Theres supposed to be a storm here Sunday…

Posted by hpfan on December 18, 2008, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Loony

I got Harry, a History from my dad for Christmas!!! I haven’t read any yet, except for the foreward by J.K.Rowling. It sounds good. I can’t wait to start reading it!
=D

Posted by Loony on December 24, 2008, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Adrienne

My sister actually got Harry, A History for me for Christmas! I absolutely love what I’ve read so far, and I’m going to get back to it as soon as I hit ‘submit’!

Posted by Adrienne on December 27, 2008, 02:01 AM report to moderator
Santana

Hi. Good site.

Posted by Santana on January 02, 2009, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Santana

Hi. Good site.

Posted by Santana on January 04, 2009, 11:03 AM report to moderator

"[Harry's] not a child!" said Sirius impatiently.[br]"He's not an adult either!" said Mrs. Weasley, the color rising in her cheeks. "He's not [i]James,[/i] Sirius!"[br]"I'm perfectly clear who he is, thanks, Molly," said Sirius coldly.