US Borders Stores to Hold "Beedle the Bard" Release Parties December 4

Books
December 02, 2008, 06:40 PM

Previously we told you there were to be release parties in the UK for the release of The Tales of Beedle the Bard along with a possible shopping event here at some stores in the US. Borders has now issued a press release stating they will be holding special evening parties on December 4 for the release of the new book from J.K. Rowling,  along with providing special holiday discount shopping for teachers. The release says that "Borders and Waldenbooks will salute educators for their tireless work and commitment to their students by giving them 25 percent off regularly priced books, CDs, DVDs, gifts and stationery and cafe items."

In addition, the statement continues: To celebrate the release of this must-have book for Harry Potter fans, most Borders and Waldenbooks stores will host release parties beginning at 6 p.m. on Dec. 4. The events will include trivia games, arts-and-crafts activities and a discussion of a crucial chapter from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" that features one of the fables detailed in "The Tales of Beedle the Bard." A second release notes, "After reading and discussing the fable, kids will have their knowledge of the characters, animals, spells and magical objects in each of the Harry Potter books tested during the exciting "Harry Potter Challenge" trivia activity. Then, the creative juices will flow when fans put crayons to paper and draw scenes from "The Tales of Three Brothers." For those who cannot wait to buy the book, select Borders stores will stay open later than normal Dec. 3 to accommodate customers who want to buy the book immediately when it officially goes on sale just after midnight. To find your local Border store, please click here.

A rep for Borders is quoted as saying: "We could not be more excited to celebrate the release of 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' with in-store parties," said Diane Mangan, director of the Children's category for Borders Group. "Our customers have been awaiting the release of this book for months and Borders and Waldenbooks are the perfect place for Harry Potter fans to revisit their passion for the stories that gave them so much enjoyment -- and pick up this great book of fables."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Helga Hufflepuff

So its after the release of the book? That’s weird.
I would have thought it would have been on the 3rd. Ho hum, this is still mad exciting!

Posted by Helga Hufflepuff on December 02, 2008, 07:58 PM report to moderator
H

Well, great- I can’t do anything other than a midnight party, as I’m busy the fourth.

Posted by H on December 02, 2008, 08:26 PM report to moderator
huffleuff!

What stores are open at midnight?

Posted by huffleuff! on December 02, 2008, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Christine

I wish my bookstore would have a midnight party.

Posted by Christine on December 02, 2008, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Hufflebug

Whoohooooooooo :D :D :D

Posted by Hufflebug on December 02, 2008, 10:31 PM report to moderator
nattie

this is dumb, they should have midnight parties like normal people.

:[
hmph

Posted by nattie on December 02, 2008, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Amy Darlene

wow… i wonder if my store is doing one…. if we do I totally want to run it…

Posted by Amy Darlene on December 02, 2008, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Harry Potter PONES Twilight!!!

YAY!!!! I hope my Borders is having a party!!! I will go for sure. But I cant go at midnight!!! But….party here I come!!!! It has been to long since I have decked out in HP apperal and such!!!!! Cant wait!!!!

Posted by Harry Potter PONES Twilight!!! on December 02, 2008, 11:54 PM report to moderator
Kerri

this party kind of sounds like it’s aimed at kids. whatever i’m still going!

Posted by Kerri on December 03, 2008, 12:08 AM report to moderator
sylvie

I feel so left out up here in Canada.
Stupid Chapters/Indigo/Coles isn’t hosting any parties.

Posted by sylvie on December 03, 2008, 12:51 AM report to moderator
Ayu

argh! Borders Singapore is not doing anything!
Not as far as I know anyway
maybe I should have my own release party hohoho

Posted by Ayu on December 03, 2008, 01:03 AM report to moderator
marcus(HBP)

=(my birthday is on the 3rd!!!my borders better release it at midnight.though i do like barnes ands noble better.=)

Posted by marcus(HBP) on December 03, 2008, 02:38 AM report to moderator
emmy

All those release party stuff… I’ll only get my Tales in the mail next week :(

Posted by emmy on December 03, 2008, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Professor Potter

What is it with these last day announcements? This doesnt affect me as I am in UK and extremely excited as I will going to a midnight party release tonight but I am feeling a bit sorry for those who want a midnight party in US. It sounds strange that we are having more midnight parties in the UK and being notified of them well in advance. I am really surprised. I come to America several times and you guys are fun. Not that we aren’t fun too but what I am trying to say is I thought it would be the other way round. You guys having all the parties and us Brits waiting at home with our cuppa tea, lol. Just my thoughts but Have a great Beedle the Bard Day, everyone!

Posted by Professor Potter on December 03, 2008, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Becky

I got so lucky with this- I’m in the UK for the semester studying abroad, and it just happens to be when a Rowling book is being released and the UK is having the midnight parties and the US isn’t. I know if I were in America I would be so disappointed. But we’ll all get to read the book soon enough, and that’s what really matters!

Posted by Becky on December 03, 2008, 10:16 AM report to moderator

Hermione's Patronus, a shining silver otter, was gamboling around her.[br]"They [i]are[/i] sort of nice, aren't they?" she said, looking at it fondly.