Dec 30, 2008
Posted by John AdminUncategorized
Harry’s story is now
complete. We have answers to many of the questions we’ve debated over
the years. Yes, Harry was a Horcrux (sort of). Snape really was loyal
to Dumbledore. Pettigrew did repay Harry for sparing his life. Harry
married Ginny, and Ron married Hermione.
There are still
unanswered questions, though, as there are at the end of any good book.
We hope that Ms. Rowling will address some of them in the future. Until
then we can imagine, and January’s contest offers a chance to do just
that. We invite you to select your favourite unanswered question and
write a 750 word story that provides a plausible answer.
Your question may be about anything in the books up to and including the Battle of Hogwarts (chapter 36 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows). We look forward to some fascinating questions and answers!
Please see the rules for this contest, listed below.
- All entries must meet PG-13 standards of decency and good taste.
- All stories submitted must be the original work of the
contestant. Any entry found to contain the work of another author will
- One entry per person.
- Anyone over the age of 13 can enter the contest, including staff members who are not involved in the judging process.
- The first place winner will receive a custom made wand donated by Wizard Wood Wands.
- Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
- If you have any questions not answered on the FAQ, or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner Forum of The Leaky Lounge.
- Begin your entry with a question about something in the Harry Potter books which has not been answered in the series, the companion books, or an interview with the author. If you are not sure whether a given question has been answered during an interview, the articles and “Madam Scoop” summaries at Accio Quote! may be helpful. You might also like to take a look at this Leaky Lounge thread.
- Please remember that your question may be about anything in the books up to and including the Battle of Hogwarts (chapter 36 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows), but nothing past the Battle of Hogwarts.
- Write a story of up to 750 words which provides a canon-consistent possible answer to your question.
- If you use a distinctive phrase, a sentence, or a paragraph from any of Ms. Rowling’s books in your story, please indicate that it is a quotation, and provide source information in a footnote.
- All submissions must be e-mailed to [email protected] by 11:59 pm (EST) on 31 January, with “Story-that-Answers-a-Question” in the subject line of the e-mail. Please copy-paste the story into the body of the e-mail and include a name to be used for authorship (real name or Leaky Lounge name).
- The judges will be looking for significant, intriguing questions, interesting and believable answers, and well written stories. You may find the “tips and hints” located below the FAQ helpful.
The winning entries have been picked! Congratulations to the following winners: