New Half-Blood Prince “Quidditch Ron” Statue from Gentle Giant

112

Apr 21, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

New York Comic-Con took place this weekend, where many toy and collectible manufacturers displayed some of their new products for the upcoming year. Among those at the event was Gentle Giant, makers of fine statues and mini-busts. Cool Toy Review has the first look at what is a statue of Ron Weasley in his Quidditch uniform from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Also new from Gentle Giant is a special “Harry Potter Quidditch Box Set” that is due out this fall as well. In addition, you can see some additional photos of previously reported new products due, including the Tonks, Lupin, and large sizes of Harry and Lord Voldemort from “Goblet of Fire.” UPDATE: If you were having trouble seeing the photos, they are also now available here in our galleries.

Other vendors there included NECA, who displayed action figures we’ve reported on previously; new “Half-Blood Prince” figures are not being displayed for the time being. Also present were Tonner, makers of the high end collectible Harry Potter toys, and Cool Toy Review has another look at their new Kreacher doll, as well as additional looks at Snape, Voldemort and more here via this link.

Thanks much to Cool Toy Review!

53 Responses to New Half-Blood Prince “Quidditch Ron” Statue from Gentle Giant

Avatar Image says:

Glad somebody broke the rules and took a photo for us to see!

First?

Haha… anybody else like how the sign by the Ron statue says “No photography”?

Avatar Image says:

hehehe… OMG!!! ron playing quiddich looks really cute, i can’t wait to see it in the movie… that and the lavender stuff..

Avatar Image says:

It’s gorgeous. I can’t wait to get my hands on one.

Avatar Image says:

Look at the other figures. There is one of Ginny, but they spelled it “Ginnie”! I hope that gets corrected before they hit the stores!

Brilliant! I’m absolutely in love with the Ron and Kreacher ones

Avatar Image says:

ooooooo! i love the one of ron he looks so cute! can’t wait till the movie!!!

Avatar Image says:

whoooooooohooooooo!!!!!!!ha, does the kreatcher doll mean that we will be seein kreatcher again in Prince?

Avatar Image says:

What picture is the ginny action figure in?

Avatar Image says:

LOL spy camera maybe lol vert cool though i wonder if the person who took the pic had a to beat a hasy retreat.! lol as for kreacher being in it he has 2 chances 1. if the do the whole dumble door picking up harry from the dursleys and harry finding out he is Sirus’ heir or they keep inthe part where harry has Kreacher and Dobby follow Draco i hope for both causei wanna see Dobby in HBP not just in DH where he saccrifices his life to save the trio as well as Dean, Luna and Mr. Olivander. As for the ron in Quiditch Robes, YES!!!!! this is as close as we have gotten to a verification of Quiditch in HBP

Avatar Image says:

OMG! this is so cool! I want it! i want it! the whole collection!

Avatar Image says:

The Bust Up set of the Quiditch set will be in two parts and both are available for pre order right now on http://www.bigbadtoystore.com as well as the Harry Potter/Dumbledore year two figures. Also many of the Gentle Giant busts from earlier sets are on clearance. I got the Draco Malfoy for $29.95 and the Harry Potter for $32.95. It’s really a shame that the set of Fred and George Weasley busts will only be available at the New York Comic Con and maybe the San Diego Comic Con, but not through the normal channels like Big Bad. But there a lot of other Neca Harry Potter sets also available now on BIg Bad. I use them all the time as they are fast, honest and lower prices than normal. The stuff always arrives in A1 condition.

Avatar Image says:

Cool, Ron looks really good! I’m a bit disappointed by Ginny’s figure though. It doesn’t really look like her.

Avatar Image says:

A beater?!! How could they make Ron a beater?!!...

Avatar Image says:

ummm… Lily, what make you think that they make Ron a Beater??

Avatar Image says:

Wow they all really look like them!!!

I don’t really like how most are rocks from waste down . . . that looks pretty funky. lol

where’s Hermione??

Avatar Image says:

I agree, Where’s Hermione????

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, the no photography sign on Ron’s picture, it’s so obvious:P

Avatar Image says:

It took me a minute to figure that the blond in the ravenclaw colors was not Malfoy, but Luna. I hope the position of the photo hid her long hair.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! I can’t wait for the movie to come out!

And Lily, where did it say they made Ron a beater?

Avatar Image says:

Hermione is in the group shot under “via this link”

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! I can’t wait for the movie to come out!

And Lily, where did it say they made Ron a beater?

Avatar Image says:

Oops, double post. Sorry about that.

Oops, no photography! lol

That’s brilliant. I should print that out.

He looks great. I can’t wait to see Quidditch!Ron on the big screen. _

Avatar Image says:

Ascatal, It has already been confirmed that there is going to be Quidditch in the HBP film

Avatar Image says:

It looks good. Now give us some real photos from the movie

Avatar Image says:

Molly i think that was Malfoy if you looked closely it had a Slytherin emblem on, but yeah it did look like he was wearing blue

Avatar Image says:

I only have one problem (This goes for the movies too) Why are Voldemort’s eye’s blue, they should be red…bright red!

oooh my Quidditch Ron! swooooon

Avatar Image says:

Just so everyone understands, the only one from Half Blood Prince is Quidditch Ron. The rest are from the other movies.

Avatar Image says:

IM IN LOVE WITH THE QUIDDITCH UNIFORM!!! im so excited for this in the movie the uniforms look so much more professional (not they werent before) but i hope they only where those little hat things for practice, because i dunno how much i like those :]

So, in the Quidditch set, is the person in the middle Madam Hooch? o.0

Avatar Image says:

the malfoy doll does look like it’s wearing blue robes. i wonder why. you can so see the slytherin emblem tho. i hope they fix that

Avatar Image says:

there is Hermione, just click “via this link”.

Avatar Image says:

whoops my bad must have missed that somewhere thanks Jasonica and please forgive my spelling in my previous post, i was all excited at seeing the ron quiditch bust

Avatar Image says:

yah that Draco not Luna its a color goof if you compare the colors on Draco’s robe to Cho’s you can tell that Cho’s is a darker blue and they do need to fix Voldemort’s eyes

Avatar Image says:

I see one error already. Voldemort’s eyes are BLUE!!! and human shaped! They are not the “red, slitted” version as notated in the books or the movies!!!! Shame!!! Scandalous!!!

Avatar Image says:

Maybe someone can tell the manufacturer that Draco is dressed in Ravenclaw colors? It’s not Luna, that’s a Slytherin crest on the front. Just not green.

Avatar Image says:

Is that Cho in the Ravenclaw robes?

AWESOME! The Ron one looks GREAT. :D

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Kelebek, I’m glad xomeone broke the rules and took pics of the figures!! XD

Ravenclaw from Glenn, where’s the Ginny figurine?? I haven’t found it!! =(

BTW, Ron looks really hot there!! XD If that’s how the statue looks like with the quidditch costume, I wonder how Ron looks with his quidditch costume in person!! ^^

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I see why someone thought Ron was playing Beater. Those are the twins. It’s ond HP quidditch. They are the PoA era quidditch robes and you see the other twin next to him.

Avatar Image says:

aah, so great to see Quidditch!Ron…now, I hope we get REAL pics soon :)

Avatar Image says:

Umm. I clicked on the link and the only red headed quidditch players I saw in the picture are Fred and George. So… what did I do wrong.

Avatar Image says:

haha. am i the only one who this they’re a bit creepy?

Avatar Image says:

Melissa and mione ,Hermione has already been made by GG.

Avatar Image says:

Also, about the Tonner Draco being dressed in blue, he’s not. It is just the camera and lighting making them look blue. They are actually green in person.

And the bust-ups are Harry, Draco, Cho, Hooch, and Fred and George. They come with the build a figure of the Quidditch trunk.

Avatar Image says:

Wow that is so amazing. They look just like the actors. that’s cool. I really want the quidditch set. It would be awesome if they made one with all of the teams.

Avatar Image says:

Ron seems kinda out of the picture doesnt he

My Ron’s such a hottie =D

Avatar Image says:

I really like ron’s dress in the dance party

Avatar Image says:

@ kelebek – first post: what about COPYRIGHT?

Write a Reply or Comment