Official: “Deathly Hallows” Part One Due November 19, 2010

123

Apr 25, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As readers will recall, last month we told you that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows would be made in two films, with the LA Times stating the first of the films was due out in November of 2010. Thanks to Coming Soon who let us know they can now report an exact date for the release of the first of these films: November 19, 2010.UPDATE: This date has also been officially confirmed to us by Warner Bros. While no date for the second of the “Deathly Hallows” films is yet available, the LA Times previously stated May, 2011, and in their official press release, WB said to look for the film in Summer, 2011.

A reminder that both Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films will be directed by David Yates, with Steve Kloves as screenwriter , David Heyman producing, and will star Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson among others.

Thanks to Coming Soon and WB!

72 Responses to Official: “Deathly Hallows” Part One Due November 19, 2010

Avatar Image says:

Finally a release date! Wow, I don’t think we’ve ever had to wait 2 years in between a Potter film, but I’m sure the extra time taken to make the final films will be worth it!

Avatar Image says:

A 2 year wait is almost impossible.

Avatar Image says:

One year, six months, 23 days…. can’t count today, or the release date, in the count down….

And only six months, 25 days until HBP….

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic! But that is going to be a really impatient 2 year gap!

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad there’s going to be a 2 year gap. I want it to go on for as long as possible. I’m going to cry so bad when the last film comes out. :[

Avatar Image says:

From the length of time between the release dates, it’s clear WB isn’t treating it as a two-part film…they’re treating it as two separate movies.

I predict that sales of the Part One DVD will be the highest of any DVD in the series, because what will everyone want to do the day before they see Part Two at the theater? Watch the Part One DVD, of course!

Avatar Image says:

I so need a counter for my iGoogle feeds page now. It’s great to have a date this early, thanks for reporting!

Avatar Image says:

@budb-we have to wait 2 years and 6 months! not 1 year LOL. well I guess they’ll film both parts in these 2 years. and in the break between part 1 and 2 relase they’ll be probably still working on part 2. I can wait that long…but it better be good!

Avatar Image says:

Great !!!! Finally a date !! IBut we must be patient ! HBP will help us to wait ! I want it to go on (and on and on ) as long as possible too !!!

Avatar Image says:

And what are we supposed to be doing during 2009??

Avatar Image says:

They should release them closer together. If I were in charge, I’d release them no more than eight months apart.

Avatar Image says:

I await the sweet Widget for my Mac with a countdown. I’m guessing you guys will do the double widget like you had for the book and movie? Just a thought.

AWESOME! yays a date!

but its sooooooooo long away! im going to dieeee!

Avatar Image says:

Time to do a countdown! :D

Avatar Image says:

And what are we supposed to be doing during 2009?? Posted by Morgaine on April 25, 2008 @ 08:32 AM

Hey Mogaine….well the Harry Potter theme park is supposed to open late 2009, but if that isnt your scene then hmmm oh yes-I personally recommend LEAKY CON in 09, which Im kinda thinking is going to be a very cool and fun thing..just saying… ;- ))))

Sue

Avatar Image says:

I think this DOES actually indicate that they are treating it as a 2-part film, not two separate movies. The length of time between now and the release of Part 1 suggests that they are going to film both movies back-to-back, putting the finishing touches on Part 2 in the six months after Part 1 comes out. If they were really treating it as two separate movies, they’d do Part 1, release and promote it, then start Part 2. There’d be a lot more than a six-month gap between the two.

Avatar Image says:

I definitely agree with Anna. The 6 month gap will be to put the finishing touches on Part 2 (possible reshoots, SFX, editing, scoring and sound) after principal photography wraps on both.

Avatar Image says:

Sue, is that a bit of self-promotion there?!? Just teasing ; ) It sounds like they still be filming come the middle of 2010. Are they starting next February? I hope they won’t have too long between both films. I’m conflicted about the prospect of buying Part 1 on dvd, then seeing Part 2 at the cinema, and waiting 6 months for that to come out on dvd. I might just wait for both films to be out on dvd to buy it.

how about 2012!!!!

TWO YEARS?! TWO YEARS?!

Okay, I guess the theme park can keep me occupied.

But that is soooooooo long!

Avatar Image says:

Squee! Sue who is that in your picture! It couldn’t be could it? XD By the way will there be widgets again for the upcoming movies?

Avatar Image says:

This is going to be the longest three years ever, waiting for the final installment, part 2 of DH. You guys realize that is still THREE years and a month away??? OMG! I am not good at waiting.

But as awesome as it is to have a release date for DH part 1, when the heck are we going to start seeing some stuff for HBP? The anticipation is killing me!

Avatar Image says:

I live in London and we have a cinema called The Empire cinema. when star trek VII was released, they did a marathon show of all 7 movies to celebrate the end of the old generation star trek. I attended it 9am to 12midnite!! it was great fun and atmosphere. Then when the last star wars film was released, empire did the same thing showing all 6 films from 9am. the atmosphere was electric and then surprise guests came on stage including George Lucas at the end. I hope we have such an event for the final Harry Potter film and I hope around the world will have something similar to experience at their country’s best cinema. Have to admit, it wud be a really long marathon, now that its 8 films!!

Avatar Image says:

November 2010…that’s so weird to think about!! I’ll be a senior in college by then, a Harry Potter fan for 12 years…

Avatar Image says:

OMG…November of 2010….i’ll be in the real world by then…very very scary.

I cant believe we have to wait 2 years…but, i find the anticipation of something is almost, if not more, fun than the actual event. This is exciting we have a date.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not so sure I agree with this release date! It’s not that November isn’t a profitable month movie-wise, it’s just that if it were to be released in early or mid December, just like the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, it would’ve benefited a lot from the Christmas week. Even when it comes to part II, if it were to be released in mid or late June, or even july, it would’ve had a much more successful box office run since the box office earnings hugely rise during this time of the year since students have no school or university. Plus, I also think it would be really wise if a teaser trailer was put in the end of Part I in cinemas. Could you imagine how teasing and enticing that would be? That would definitely be a “class A” marketing for the final film

P.S.: If the marketing for the last film is good, I believe it could easily surpass the final Lord Of The Rings movie.

Avatar Image says:

Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so long to wait! But I guess I have the Harry Potter theme park to keep me occupied seeing as though I am 15 min. away from Universal. lol But the wait will be well woth it if it is like the book! :)

Avatar Image says:

Yates – BAH!!!! Very disappointing.

Avatar Image says:

we have the theme park for 2009!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am happy I live in the Orlando area so that I can “go” to Hogwarts in 2009. But can’t think that far ahead, how about HBP in November 2008!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh November, how I love thee. :)

Avatar Image says:

Yay! PS: I await the widget. (Please make one for iGoogle!)

Avatar Image says:

never was any good in math, matea! ;-) but, i have learned patience…especially when there is no choice in the matter

Avatar Image says:

Wow. That is going to be a hellishly long wait.

HBP news is pretty low too.

By then I’ll have my first and second year of college to keep me occupied. Time will fly. It certainly has already!

Avatar Image says:

God, two years? I hope they give us more teasers in that time than they have so far for HBP.

HBP PHOTOS ALREDDIOMG.

.<

Avatar Image says:

I hope i wont be the only 30 year old waiting in line opening night!

Avatar Image says:

When the Wizarding World of HP opens in Universal’s IoA I’m buying the year pass so I’ll be too occupied to think about the wait! mwahahah!!! It finally pays off to live in Florida! :-P

Avatar Image says:

dont worry amy you wont be, i will be 30 and waiting in line too, at least my dughter will be old enought to go the bathroom by herself so i wont miss anything.

Avatar Image says:

dont worry amy you wont be, i will be 30 and waiting in line too, at least my daughter will be old enought to go the bathroom by herself so i wont miss anything.

Avatar Image says:

2010 seems so far away, but now that I think about it, two years isn’t that long.

Avatar Image says:

Well I am glad that it is coming, but i would have liked them to be out in november of 2009, although the later release does encourage the fandom to stay as strong as it has been for atleast that long, although i hope the fandom never loses its momentom. Can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!! seven yes’s for good luck! OMG Iam soo excited!! but at the same time i want it to be a longer time away b/c once it’s all over, it’s over you know?

but the theme park wil ALWAYS be there so i can always give myself a fix that way, plus watching the movies every night, and reading the books overandoverandover… you know the normal stuff. : )

anyway… Live, Love, Harry Potter!!

Avatar Image says:

jeez. two years… that’s a long time. but still, YAY!!! we know when to look forward to it and this means they’re taking a long time to get it right!

Avatar Image says:

Oops! sorry, double post.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t belive I have to wait until I’m 16 to see the final Hp movie! Its bad enought that I have to wait til the end of the year to see Twilight and HBP

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE DAY OF MY BIRTHDAY! EVERY YEAR IT COMES OUT AROUND THAT TIME AND I HAVE ALWAYS DREAMED OF IT BEING ON MY BRITHDAY; AND NOW, PART 1 OF THE LAST MOVIE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the tissues ready…

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! What a cool present on my birthday. :)

Avatar Image says:

yeeee hhhhhhaaaa!i know why they’re delaying it in 2009,1st is to film d1 and 2 closely..lessen the age gap…lol..and also dan,emma have movies lined up 4 them to act..emma in napoleon/betsy,and dan in tth dan eldon movie. i think both will b super!hmmm…nothing in 2009 but tht australian exhibition..and theme park…

Avatar Image says:

omg Loooooooooooooooong wait ill be pushing 40 (38 going on 39) by the time the second part comes in 2011 !!!! and i will go see it !!!

Avatar Image says:

Woah… I will be 21 when the last movie comes out – I first read the books when I was 9…...

Avatar Image says:

Too soon for a Countdown?

It is…

936 days . or 22465 hours . or 1347951 minutes . or 80877088 seconds

... until the release
Avatar Image says:

It’s like 2 years between HBP en DH, that’s a long time! Actually I hope they bring out the two films of DH on one DVD. Off course that’s less attractive for WB, but I think it would be easier for the fans

Avatar Image says:

Hey! Plz, Plz, & PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, coment on what I said previously in page 2 of comments. Plz, I really need to know your opinion. Thanks!

WHAT?!

OK, I’m 14 now—I’ll be SIXTEEN when this thing comes out?! That’s crazy. That’s forever.

I CAN’T WAIT! I’m an impatient teenager—what else do I have to do with my time?

Avatar Image says:

That’ll be my Golden Birthday!

Avatar Image says:

That seems so far away but yet so close. I was hoping for the theme park and the movie to open on the same day.

Avatar Image says:

People are complaining that the 2-year gap is too long, but what did everyone expect? I’d be VERY worried if it was any shorter than that, because there’s no way they could film the whole of Deathly Hallows in the same time span that they filmed the other movies. I mean, it’s DH. AND they’re going to include a lot more (I hope). So 2 year sounds about right. I’m sure it’s going to be totally worth it… and seriously, a 6 months gap between the films is not that long.

I’m concerned that the release of Part II might be on my birthday, though. That’d be horrible. I’m so sure I’ll cry, and I don’t want to cry on my birthday.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I forgot to say – great news! It’s good to have a release date so early. =)

Avatar Image says:

1st in line right hurr er’body!!!

Avatar Image says:

Not sure why people thing this is so long. It is following the exact same pattern they have been following in the release schedule all along. It always goes, short time period between releases and then long time period between releases. Movies 1 and 2 where a short period (1 year), movies 2 and 3 where a long period (1 year, 7 months), movies 3 and 4 a short period (1 year, 5 months), movies 4 and 5 a long period (1 year, 8 months), 5 and 6 a short period (1 year, 4 months), movies 6 and 7p1 a long period (2 years) and finally movies 7p1 and 7p2 a short period (6 or so months). So really all we are waiting is about 3 or 4 months longer than usual for the same pattern.

Avatar Image says:

No way! Thats way to long. Every other film has been 1 1/2 between at most! Its just to long. Im bitter! I look forward to a movie once a year. Im sad :(

Avatar Image says:

Notice how they said “Dan, Rupert, and Emma”. They must think that Rupe is more important than Emma so that’s good to know because he needs to be more involved. cough cough not getting his lines stolen cough cough

Avatar Image says:

Roll on Harry Potter Reloaded. I’ll watch HBP out of curiosity but I won’t be watching the last films. The selection of David Yates, who must have been at best third or fourth or fifth choice, is very lazy filmmaking from people who should know better. Yates doesn’t do epic, he does TV. He is going to need some very good VFX people behind him, and I certainly don’t mean the ones he had for Grawp in OoTP, if he is going to even survive as director of these films, let alone get them done on time and within budget.

Sad too that by dumping these films in the dull November period, they never get a chance to shine in the blockbuster season. Potter on film will go out with a whimper.

whoohoo…i just need a countdown ;) :P

Avatar Image says:

AHHHHHH!!! 2 Years!!!! I’m happy this is going to last for so long but…2 years is a loooooonnnggg wait! Ah, well 2 years in the name of Potter is okay , I suppose!!! So excited!!!! >.<

Avatar Image says:

Two years away…..I can handle that! That just means more Harry Potter time for this nerd! YIPEEEEE!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

whaaaaaat i don’t think i can wait that long! but i will try! thaaaaaaaanks for the news!

!!!!can’t wait till nov of this year! i don’t know how i will wait till nov of 2010!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Whooo and hooo! What a fabulous way to celebrate my birthday. Do we think I can get my friends to dress up for my 43rd birthday and go to the movie? LMAO

Avatar Image says:

I think they should release them at the same time because I cant wait 6 months! Maybe I will just wait till the summer of 2011 to watch them at the same time….

Avatar Image says: Yes I agree with you!

Write a Reply or Comment