“Half-Blood Prince” Film Chosen for 2008 Royal Film Performance

112

Jul 29, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Further news comes today regarding the “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film from the a press release that announced that the sixth film will make its Royal and European premiere at The Royal Film Performance 2008. This event will take place on Monday, November 17th in front of an audience which is set to include yet to be announced members of the Royal Family. More details about those attending the premiere will be announced soon. The Royal Film Performance 2008 is sponsored by the Cinema & Television Benevolent Fund, a charity which benefits the UK film and TV industries.

Harry Potter film producer David Heyman, was quoted in the press release as saying:

“I am delighted that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been chosen for this year’s Royal Film Performance. We have always endeavoured to remain true to Jo Rowling’s vision in recreating the magic of her world and we have been overwhelmed with the continual support of audiences. And thus, we are thrilled that our film is being honoured in this way and will help to raise money for such good causes.”

The teaser trailer for this film will have its premiere tonight at 9PM EST via AOL. “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” will be in theaters November 21, 2008.

18 Responses to “Half-Blood Prince” Film Chosen for 2008 Royal Film Performance

Avatar Image says:

Unrelated, I know, but THE TRAILER IS UP. http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-gb&vid=bc682eef-e76b-467a-9684-2ffebc997b91&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:559dc068-6410-4b44-b816-14f629c281dd,986e16ee-2961-4c52-a01c-90794bcf7ec3,3e1ccfe0-654d-4c6f-9b72-3835db18eb77&from=ENGB_msnvideo&tab=s1204298895071&from=today_u21&wa=wsignin1.0&vv=600

HBP Trailer on MSN!!!

I have no idea where to submit this… HBP Trailer:

Avatar Image says:

i was about to out the link for the trailer but u guys already did it OMG it is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!

Avatar Image says:

GREAT!! Hope the Queen goes!

The HBP trailer is up on MSN trailers!! Spellbinding!!!!! Absolutely!!! This is going to be the best one yet!!

Avatar Image says:

This is fantastic! What an honour. It occurs to me that this film may be the best one yet…......and it hasn’t even been seen yet. Go, Harry! I hope JKR will be there. That would be extra keen.

Avatar Image says:

The trailer is up on MSN!! I saw it on mugglenet! Gave me chills!

Avatar Image says:

thanks crogers for that…couldnt get the aol link to go up fast enough! so things ive noticed? same walls in the orphanage i think used in the ministry in movie 5…no hermione in the trailer at all….and why is ginny in a nightgown/robe in the middle of the night standing in a swamp???

Avatar Image says:

WOW! I read about this honour, some 5 hours ago. I tried to get to Leaky, with the news, but it’s been really hard to get things loaded [and downloaded] I think this is sooo cool, as the film hasn’t even been seen yet! A really great honour! Thanks, TLC!

Avatar Image says:

indeed an honour-the main cast and the show’s producers/director. but bet tickets be very costly.and i think it may be by invitation only.

Avatar Image says:

TLC can you try and get some more info about this- where it will be, whether we will be able to stand outside as usual, etc.!

Hermione Jean, of course it’ll be by invitation only!!

Avatar Image says:

As a loather of all forms of privilege and an ardent UK republican I’ll give this a miss – I’d probably get arrested! (LOL). Of course anything that helps charities has to be good.

Avatar Image says:

Actually, members of the public can buy tickets to this event

Avatar Image says:

Rosey, I wished I lived in the UK, now! That would be an awsome event to attend. I doubt that too many of “the public” will be able to attend, though. I would imagine the tickets would be very expensive. This IS for charity though. I would hope that folks would keep this in mind, when attending. Not just to see “the celebrities” ,but a cool movie, all for charity! A great honour, any way you look at it!

Avatar Image says:

THIS IS AMAZING !!!! WELL DONE EVERYONE WHO MADE HARRY POTTER 6 :)):):)):):):)

Avatar Image says:

Confederate Lady, I’m really desperate to go! I’ve been doing a little bit of research and tickets are available to a limited number of people and can be priced anywhere between £50 to £250 for just a seat. Of course, you could spend £20 000 on a box :p I still think it would be a very nice event to attend, guess I’ll have to start saving up!

Avatar Image says:

Since Leaky’s not a UK site, it might be an idea so say which Royal Family lol, as Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain and Sweden have Royal Families..

Write a Reply or Comment