LeakyCon Registration Reminder, Azkatraz Programming Reminder

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
January 31, 2009, 03:40 PM

Reminder, everyone: If you haven't yet signed up for LeakyCon, now's the time, because the registration price goes up to $195 tomorrow. Registrations are going fast, so register here, and register now.

We've already announced three great Wizard Rock shows, and a whole slate of special guests will be announced in the coming months. We are still taking proposals for formal and informal programming. The best is yet to come, so get in on it now. Then be sure to RSVP at MyLeaky!

In more Harry Potter conference news, Azkatraz 2009 has extended its programming submission deadline to February 9, 2009. Click here to read the guidelines and submit; you can register for Azkatraz here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Man I wish I could go to LeakyCon! I live right next to Memphis TN, and Memphis never has any decent conventions :(

First?

Posted by Professor Witchard on January 31, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Photo_339_thumb

When can one expect to learn if a submission has been accepted [or :_( rejected]?

Posted by DB Fwoopersong{ROAR} -- LESTRANGER on January 31, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Leakyav2_thumb

I wish I could go to one if these things- I live a few continents too far away…

Posted by The Whomping Willow on January 31, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Paper_towns__thumb

I am very, very sad that I can’t go!! But I have my exams then and it would be crazy to miss them. Hopefully there will be another one next year!!

Posted by LunaLovesPudding on January 31, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

Memphis would never have a large HP con. Nashville is much better suited for one because it has an international airport with many large hotels big enough for a con nearby, has many things you can do in the city, is a central location for those that would want to travel west to Memphis or east to the mountains, and is safer than Memphis (no offense to those that live in or near Memphis). I have actually been thinking of trying to convince someone to place a bid to HPEF (the ones that have put on Prophecy 2007, Portus 2008, Azkatraz, 2009, Infinitus 2010, etc,) for Nashville in 2011. Also, Tennessee is a bit more central location in the US (like Terminus 2008 in Chicago was) and would easier for some to travel unlike the many cons that are on the East Coast like LeakyCon 2009 or the West Coast like Azkatraz 2009 (or south like Dallas/Portus 2008 and New Orleans/Phoenix Rising 2007 or north like Toronto/Prophecy 2007).

Posted by Miss Freewind on January 31, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I advise anyone that is able to go to one of these cons to do so because you will have a wonderful time. Also, I am very lucky to be going to Azkatraz 2009, LeakyCon 2009, and Wrockstock The Third this year. I can’t wait until this summer.

Posted by Miss Freewind on January 31, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

I wish I could go to LeakyCon, but I can’t. Maybe in a few years if it is still going on then.

Posted by McGiggles92 on January 31, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Profilebild_thumb

yay, I’m registered already! I cant wait :)

Posted by Alatarielle on January 31, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

I want to go so badly =[ does anyone know of UK conferences I might have even a slight chance of getting to?

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on January 31, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator

I’m attending LeakyCon, I’ve already booked my flight and rented a car. Its going to be my first HP event, and I cannot wait!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on January 31, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Th_harry_potter_thumb

i (L) HARRY POTTER
but im to young to go :(
i wish there were hp conventions in australiaaa

Posted by talia_remuslover[ROAR] on January 31, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

No fair, no fair, I want to goooooooo! At least I know I’m not alone. There had better be a ton of videos posted after, so I can at least watch the fun from a distance… :(

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on January 31, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Imgp0733_thumb

I’m so excited for LeakyCon!!!!!!! I wish it was may already…

Posted by Danae on January 31, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

I can’t wait for LeakyCon! I hope we’ll start getting more details about the programming soon. :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on January 31, 2009, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Ukrain_cover_sm2_thumb

question: I filled in the application to volunteer. is there any word on that? I havent heard anything (or was I rejected? ). I’m looking forward to it!!

Posted by heartless_wench on January 31, 2009, 09:21 PM report to moderator

Blinded and dying, every part of him screaming for release, Harry felt the creature use him again...[br][i]"If death is nothing, Dumbledore, kill the boy..."[br]Let the pain stop,[/i] thought Harry. [i]Let him kill us... End it, Dumbledore... Death is not

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014