Deathly Hallows Cast and Crew Mark Remembrance Day While Filming Battle of Hogwarts

DH Film
November 13, 2009, 09:20 AM

A very poignant moment took place this week during filming of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the epic battle of Hogwarts. Just as we mark Veterans day here in the US, the UK held a two minute moment of silence on Tuesday on Remembrance Day to honor those who had fallen during World War I.  A Deathly Hallows crew member issued a text to BBC Radio 5 to say:

"We're currently filming the final battle sequence of the last Harry Potter film, and we stopped for two minutes this morning. It was very eerie, it was thought-provoking, in the mists, along the ruins of Hogwarts."

You can hear the radio mention of this at this link ( around the 1:51 hour mark).

Thanks much to Snitchseeker for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avi_thumb

first :)

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 13, 2009, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

I am sooooo going to cry at the battle when I see Fred die.I don’t think I will be able to stop…snif!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on November 13, 2009, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Wow… such a good scene to film on Rememberance Day. And it’s good that they stopped for the silence. RIP!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 13, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

nice to hear that they took time for remembrance

Posted by KC Nox on November 13, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Wow, this had to be the most perfect scene to be filming on Remembrence Day. I’m very happy they took 2 mins. of silence in remembrence of the history of this day.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 13, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator

Really nice to hear this, makes me feel like the crew and the actors are like a family, don’t know why.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on November 13, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It was very generous and compassionate of them to pause to note and observe the sacrifices of generations preceding them that enabled them to even make these films.

Posted by Kirk on November 13, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

Having the moment of silence during the battle scenes is quite poignant. I would probably have needed a moment after that to gather my senses after that… but then again, I’m really rather emotional in the first place.

Posted by JessSnape on November 13, 2009, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Eerie indeed, that they were filming the final battle on Remembrance Day. I’m glad that they paused for a moment. Just the mention of being amongst “the ruins of Hogwarts” gave me the chills. It’s going to be a powerful ending.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 13, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I was wearing my Poppy!

Posted by Won_Two on November 13, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator

That’s really nice. :)

Posted by ApplesArthur on November 13, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I have no idea what remembrance day is.

God, they said “ruins of Hogwarts”!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on November 13, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

awwwwwwwwww. sob

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on November 13, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Awww that’s really moving!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 13, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator

Im really proud of the cast for remembering the chaps who lost there lives.Respect.

Posted by azna70 on November 13, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator

Harry tried to argue back but his words were drowned by a long, loud belch from the Dursleys' son, Dudley.[br]"I want more bacon."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014