HP Alliance Dumbledore's Army Meeting Live this Wednesday, Feb. 25

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
February 22, 2009, 11:16 PM

The second HP Alliance Dumbledore's Army meeting will be this Wednesday at 9 p.m., on UStream.

During the last meeting hundreds of Potter fans came together to talk about helping those less fortunate in Burma and Darfur. This time the call will focus on consumer culture: Paul DeGeorge and Matt Maggiacaomo, of Harry and the Potters and the Whomping Willows, respectively, will talk about their vlog project, "No New Stuff," which is updated twice weekly at the HPA YouTube Channel. It will also feature information about a new HPA campaign to make sure all products sold in Harry's name are done so under the banner of Fair Trade. Author Peter Gould, the author of "Write Naked," will also be on hand to talk about breaking out of consumer culture.

Join us for a fun call, which will end with a major HPA announcement, a great surprise that's sure to excite the fandom...one for which it is very much worth DVR'ing Lost. :)

See you there! Remember, it's at 9 p.m. at this channel. You can listen to the call and interact with the participants by going to this page. You should sign up to be a member at UStream, as if the chat gets too crowded we will require membership to chat.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Melissa_thumb

Join us for this conference call! It’s going to be a lot of fun.

Posted by Melissa Anelli on February 22, 2009, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Harrylisa_thumb

i dont know if anyone knows this, but this event is the same day as james and oliver phelps’s (fred and george) 23rd birthday!!!!!!!! kinda random, but it was the first think that came to mind when i read the title.

Posted by weasley1497 ღROARღ on February 22, 2009, 11:25 PM report to moderator

This sounds interesting!

Posted by on February 22, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator

I’m SO there!

Posted by jenbabe705 on February 22, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator
1378406896_thumb

I’ll try to be there, but I really don’t know !!!
Paul & Matt’s project is awesome. I haven’t bought new stuff in 4 months… :p

Posted by Cassia Lenoir [*HS*][*squee!*] on February 22, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

9 PM…. Eastern time?

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on February 23, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator

Awesome! I’ll try to be there! ;D

Btw, the title says “Dumbleore’s” and not Dumbledore’s, which I think you were going for. ;P

Posted by Sophie on February 23, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

This sounds so awesome! I wish I could be there, but I’ll be at work :(

Posted by Lady of the Lake on February 23, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Cool! I missed the last one, so hopefully I’ll be able to catch it this time.

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 23, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator
Dsc00592_thumb

Sounds great, I can’t wait to chat!

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on February 23, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I’m at work. :( Sigh. It sounds like fun, as usual. :)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 23, 2009, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Unfortunately 9pm Eastern time is 2am here – I’ll be fast asleep!! Pity it’s not earlier as it sounds really interesting!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 23, 2009, 03:57 AM report to moderator
Take_my_hand_thumb

Sounds like fun!

Posted by PhoenixSong {{{ROAR}}} on February 23, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Thanks Leaky! I’ll be there.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 23, 2009, 08:43 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

Looks like a good cause.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 23, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off