Rumor Alert: A Second Test Screening Held for Half-Blood Prince?

HBP Film
March 11, 2009, 09:37 PM

Hang on everyone, as The Sun is reporting tonight a second "secret" test screening for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was held yesterday. In true tabloid fashion, the paper declares that "the handful of devotees came out blasting film bosses for making key characters and plot-lines from JK ROWLING’s best-seller disappear...as if by magic." As such, the article contains only negative reactions to this supposed screening, with no details provided on where and when these comments were made. One example of reactions as the paper writes " the Half-Blood Prince of the title barely features. Worse still the film was slammed as too SOPPY."

To read more, click here. We are trying to obtain more information about this test screening and will update with more when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Awwwww!

Posted by on March 11, 2009, 09:41 PM report to moderator

I don’t know whether to be disappointed or not…:0

Posted by on March 11, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Neaqtw_th_thumb

dude that sucks

Posted by GryffindorGarstang on March 11, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Well we knew a lot of flashbacks were cut, so that shouldn’t be a shock. Got to love The Sun stirring up trouble.

Posted by mollywobble on March 11, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

I think they’re probably being overly critical. It looks fantastic and I prefer to keep believing it’ll be great, no matter what other people say – whether it’s true or not.

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on March 11, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

I’m going to try and not pay attention to this press. Hopefully, they are just stirring up trouble.

Posted by snapealicious on March 11, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

was that a new trailer?? the voiceover seemed different

Posted by Amy Darlene on March 11, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Amy, that was the international teaser. It came out this fall.

I think people who don’t like the film want every part of the book in the movie and that just can’t happen. I have yet to see a bad review of it from someone who appreciates it as its own medium. So if you want everything, don’t see HBP, I guess. I’ll be there though.

Posted by mollywobble on March 11, 2009, 10:11 PM report to moderator
C_01_thumb

I hate The Sun. If there was a screening then that’s most likely the extent of the truth that the Sun can seem to write.

I’m looking forward to the film no matter whats said. I didn’t even read the trash The Sun wrote.

Posted by Rose on March 11, 2009, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar_thumb

Sounds like someone is trying to rile up the HP masses against WB again.

Posted by Ilzairspar on March 11, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

not paying attention to this. i’ll try. no i won’t read the entire article! sigh.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 11, 2009, 10:15 PM report to moderator

Meh, won’t believe it till I see it. I understand not everyone will be fascinated, I mean, when did that ever happen?! But still, this critisism itself is SOPPY and looks more like an exagerated collection of negative reviews of some people on the trailers…

It doesn’t critisize something we don’t know of the film. All it states, are comments allready said by some fans to the trailers…

Anybody think the same?

Posted by PCC_Wizard on March 11, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Oh no, that’s awful! I hope it’s not true, the movie looks so good.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on March 11, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
2002_harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_046_thumb

Oh no…. If this is true, I hope it doesn’t mean more filming and then pushing the film back further.

Posted by AutumnWizard *ROAR* on March 11, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Th_names_thumb

I’m going to hold my opinion until I read a report from someone who actually went to the screening… THEN I will freak out :)

Posted by Ginevra86 on March 11, 2009, 10:27 PM report to moderator

"Had a good summer, Luna?" Ginny asked.[br]"Yes," said Luna dreamily, without taking her eyes off Harry. "Yes, it was quite enjoyable, you know. [i]You're[/i] Harry Potter," she added.[br]"I know I am," said Harry.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014