LeakyNews.com

Rumor Alert: A Second Test Screening Held for Half-Blood Prince?

HBP Film
March 11, 2009, 09:37 PM

Hang on everyone, as The Sun is reporting tonight a second "secret" test screening for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was held yesterday. In true tabloid fashion, the paper declares that "the handful of devotees came out blasting film bosses for making key characters and plot-lines from JK ROWLING’s best-seller disappear...as if by magic." As such, the article contains only negative reactions to this supposed screening, with no details provided on where and when these comments were made. One example of reactions as the paper writes " the Half-Blood Prince of the title barely features. Worse still the film was slammed as too SOPPY."

To read more, click here. We are trying to obtain more information about this test screening and will update with more when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Dsc00162_thumb

I’m sorry, but the Half-Blood Prince barely matters in the book itself, what did these moviegoers expect? I always felt that the title and the whole Half-Blood Prince sub-plot were completely gratuitous. With all due respect to the genius of Rowling, the book should have been called something else…

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on March 11, 2009, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Img_2773_-_version_2_thumb

I am not listening to the Sun, sorry XD

Posted by Jeff on March 11, 2009, 11:24 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Well, it is The Sun, so we can’t completley trust it….but why would they make up about a screening of HBP? I mean, it doesn’t make any sense! It’s one thing to have streakers and such, but a screening? That’s not even real news! Why would the Sun lie about it?

Hmm. I want proof.

Posted by TheCrogePodge on March 11, 2009, 11:25 PM report to moderator
Hp409_thumb

Ya know… I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with David Yates during OOTP. I had HOPED that this film would make up for the tragedy that was that. I know that people will argue with me about this… but I felt that they left out a TON of things from the movie. I understand that they only have a certain amount of times, but they cut out crucial elements of the story. The HBP is my favorite of the series, and I hope they didn’t butcher the storyline. I am nervous, and have been a bit skeptic after watching David’s portrayal of OOTP… but I hope that my skepticism will be rectified, and I will LOVE this movie.

I don’t know… I can see them cutting out a lot… and I have been nervous when I read “Lots of new scenes have been added”.

Here’s to hoping!!!

Posted by stary82 on March 11, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_house_aug_006_thumb

this does seem a bit too general…
“Another warned The Sun: “Anyone who has read the book will be severely disappointed.””
(is any movie as good as the book…ever?)
good to know that they will show some of the ginny/dean/harry triangle… after they moved the kiss i thought that would be cut out at well…though i still wont take to heart info from an article that uses the word “dumblebore”…

Posted by SilverDoe817 on March 11, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

Puhleeze!
Since there were nothing but negative comments, then that was the purpose of the article…to be negative. A REAL news article would have had a mix of comments with a background about how the movies have always differed from the books and fans should not be surprised by that.

Posted by realspace on March 11, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator
Hp409_thumb

Hmmm… I forgot to add at the end of my post….

That is not going to stop me from seeing it, or probably enjoying it… my new outlook is to take the movies for the movies, the books for the books…

Only 127 days to wait!

Posted by stary82 on March 11, 2009, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Niagara-falls-rainbow_thumb

I can’t believe that it’s that bad. It looks really good from the trailers….

Posted by Kiralay (ROAR) on March 12, 2009, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

Oh, The Sun :/ Always trying to stir up something…. I’ll wait until I definitively hear from someone who went and saw it.

Posted by PineappleCrush on March 12, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

I don’t trust “The sun” at all!!!!!!!!! I’ll wait for the movie!!!!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on March 12, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

A “secret screening test”? One screen test sure, but two? Sorry if I find this hard to believe but it IS the Sun..I’ll be seeing it regardless of anyone else’s opinion.

Posted by fantasylover12001 on March 12, 2009, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_crest_thumb

La la la la la la la!!!!!!!!!!! Not listening!!!

Posted by hufflepuffrox on March 12, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_crest_thumb

La la la la la la la!!!!!!!!!!! Not listening!!!

Posted by hufflepuffrox on March 12, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Wow, I read the article then re-watched the trailer. It’s like they are talking about two completely different movies. Maybe the people who saw it hadn’t heard there were changes? Like someone else said, we knew that already. While it works well in the book to have seven different memories, it would likely become tedious in a film.

And the teen romance is all over the novel. Perhaps they just skipped over it when they read the book. As for Snape, we don’t see him much in the book either – at the beginning in DADA class and in the conversation that Hagrid overhears and TELLS Harry about – so we still aren’t seeing him.

Harry sees him at the Slughorn’s Christmas party. Oh, and in detention. And then at the end. That’s the part I was hoping they’d get right, but I’ll wait to see.

The movie still looks good to me and I can’t wait for it to come out.

Posted by Eeyore on March 12, 2009, 12:20 AM report to moderator

It’s from The Sun, that’s your first source of how truthful it is lol.

Posted by rosalie on March 12, 2009, 12:34 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?