Australian Fans to See Theatrical Re-Release of Harry Potter Films Before Half-Blood Prince

Movies
April 26, 2009, 10:31 AM

Fans in Australia will be able to watch all the Harry Potter films on the big screen again as part of the build up to the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Longtime TLC reader Donna let us know that starting June 11, Hoyts movie theaters will be screening Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This will be followed with re-releases of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on June 18, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on June 25, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire starts July 2, with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix due to screen July 9th. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will then open in Australia on July 15.

Thanks Donna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

P1020255_thumb

so lucky! i wish they would do that here in the US!

Posted by butter_mellow on April 26, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

They are so lucky! The US should consider doing that!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 26, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

That is cool! In the movies???

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on April 26, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
4266_95379003085_554113085_2686657_2975125_n_thumb

That would be awesome if they did it in the US, it is a great idea and will get them a lot of money

Posted by Sam H. on April 26, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
S1479030164_30163516_3917_thumb

yea im super jealous!

Posted by Jenskates on April 26, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

I wish they’d do that everywhere else. Especially at Imax. I’ve only had the benefit of seeing PoA in Imax and it was so awesome.

What a great way to market the film too…

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on April 26, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
143_thumb

Thats such a good idea
montreal should do that

Posted by LifeInAPizzaBox on April 26, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Omg! Hopefully they do this on the US! I’ve only ever seen Order in theaters, and I’ve always wished I could see the rest!

Posted by Christine on April 26, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Untitled-1_thumb

Yay Australian news.
Ahh my Hoyts cinema’s are miles away, guess i’ll have to trek it.
Should be fun though I don’t have 60 bucks to see em all I might just have to see my favourites :)

Posted by Crom on April 26, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

It would be great for us USers too ;]. The only HP movie I saw in theatres was OotP. I wish I could’ve been a fan long enough to see all!… Then again I think I was ab ouit 4 when SS book came out. I think lol.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 26, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

yeah! I wish I they could do it here too!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on April 26, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

in the movie theaters??? thats so awesome! wow i wish they would do that in the states!

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on April 26, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator

Yay! I may see the first two on the big screen..

Posted by Sairus_Aussie on April 26, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator

thats tight, lucky them

Posted by Zoom on April 26, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

They’re sooo lucky! I wish they would do that here in Italy XD!…The only HP movies I saw in theatres were GOF and OoTP!
LUCKY THEM :-(

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 26, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator

Percy Weasley, meanwhile, had much to say on the subject of Sirius's escape.[br]"If I manage to get into the Ministry, I'll have a lot of proposals to make about Magical Law Enforcement!" he told the only person who would listen -- his girlfriend, Penelop