Actor Jamie Waylett Reportedly Arrested for Drug Possession in London

Legal
April 08, 2009, 05:45 PM

We have some troubling news to report tonight regarding one of the actors in the Harry Potter films. Stemming originally from a UK tabloid, world wide media have now carried the story that actor Jamie Waylett, who portrays actor Vincent Crabbe in the beloved film series, was arrested on charges of possessing an illegal substance. A rep for Scotland Yard told the BBC that police made the arrest after searching a car carrying 19 year old Jamie and a friend. "The car was searched and officers found eight bags of a substance believed to be cannabis," he said.

The report then goes on to state a search of the Waylett's home produced additional cannabis in the form of ten plants. "Officers found a number of plants believed to be cannabis plants and equipment for the cultivation," Scotland Yard said "Both men have been bailed until July pending further inquiries and tests on the substances."

MTV also points out that "Waylett, who has become a "Harry Potter" fan favorite, emerged from massive casting calls in the early part of the decade to land his role. A Slytherin student, Vincent Crabbe serves as one of Draco Malfoy's minions but is as helped by his size as he is fatally flawed by his dimness. An accomplice to the Death Eaters, Crabbe's wizard powers — and his distaste for Harry — increase throughout the "Potter" series."

Readers will recall of course that Jamie Waylett is a long time friend to us here at Leaky. As distressing as this news is for us personally as we do believe this to be accurate, we can only imagine how upsetting this news is for his family, close friends, and of course his fans. At this time we do not know how this may impact his future role in the Harry Potter series, with filming ongoing for Deathly Hallows, and notably his involvement in the future filming of the dramatic scenes involving Crabbe in the Room of Requirement.  Warner Bros has declined to comment as of now on this matter, and we are continuing to work to learn more on this report; more when we get it!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Legal News

Untaxed commerce. The please men really don’t like that.
I hate to even think about how much trouble is coming his way.

Posted by trontech on April 12, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator

Such a pathetic kid. Why stoop that low? I mean c’mon! Great role model. Uhmm..Right..

Posted by on April 12, 2009, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

Wow, pretty much his career wasted.. Unless like Amy Winehouse people end up loving him for his drugs use. Us british are so weird sometimes.

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on April 12, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
9917_158111922994_551302994_3568325_6039933_n_1__thumb

Bad move! I think he should have thought about what would happen to his reputation if he was found growing the stuff… it’s not like he needs the money from it.

Posted by miss_raci_rose on April 12, 2009, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

so sad!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on April 13, 2009, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Photo_607_thumb

My friend sent me the link of this before it was on leaky when it was on AOL… I ran to leaky and didn’t see it so I thought maybe it wasn’t true. I would love an update on this topic. I find all this so sad and interesting.

Posted by melzy89 on April 13, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

OMG… Wow….

Posted by DanielleD on April 13, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I’m glad that it is not one of the major characters in the Potter films that could affect the last Harry Potter film.

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on April 13, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator

That’s kind of sad…he always seemed like a ‘good’ actor :(

Posted by kenmarekestrels93 {{ROAR}} on April 13, 2009, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Mel_cheering_023_thumb

What are they going to do about filming! And how long is he going to be arrested?!!

Posted by ffecheerleader on April 14, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator
0oh__snap___xx04_thumb

oh dear, that sucks. i hope it doesn’t affect his future role. :/
but on the bright side, there’s much worse drugs out there, this one is relatively harmless. but still, to be growing it.. that’s certainly a step further than “experimenting.” i hope they’re not too harsh..

Posted by iceymoon [Cygnus] on April 17, 2009, 05:34 AM report to moderator

I heard about this, I wonder why this news story wasn’t brought up on pottercast. It’s sad, but just hope that everything turns out ok. I hope that the court gives him a fair punishment and not celebrity treatment.

Posted by Bradyboy on April 18, 2009, 03:35 AM report to moderator

Am I the only one who finds this funny? Come on it was only weed not Ice or Heroin! I think of all the problems in the world this is one of the least significant. While I’m not condoning what he did (In fact I think he is a bit of a dill) I don’t think it’s the biggest deal ever. Lighten up people!

Posted by NutsAboutHarry on April 18, 2009, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

It is disappointing… All I’ve really got to say is: :[. I really hope he can do Deathly Hallows, I think he makes a perfect Crabbe

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 20, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator

"We attacked a teacher... We attacked a teacher...," Hermione whimpered, staring at the lifeless Snape with frightened eyes. "Oh, we're going to be in so much [br]trouble --"