Actor Jamie Waylett Reportedly Arrested for Drug Possession in London

Legal
April 08, 2009, 05:45 PM

We have some troubling news to report tonight regarding one of the actors in the Harry Potter films. Stemming originally from a UK tabloid, world wide media have now carried the story that actor Jamie Waylett, who portrays actor Vincent Crabbe in the beloved film series, was arrested on charges of possessing an illegal substance. A rep for Scotland Yard told the BBC that police made the arrest after searching a car carrying 19 year old Jamie and a friend. "The car was searched and officers found eight bags of a substance believed to be cannabis," he said.

The report then goes on to state a search of the Waylett's home produced additional cannabis in the form of ten plants. "Officers found a number of plants believed to be cannabis plants and equipment for the cultivation," Scotland Yard said "Both men have been bailed until July pending further inquiries and tests on the substances."

MTV also points out that "Waylett, who has become a "Harry Potter" fan favorite, emerged from massive casting calls in the early part of the decade to land his role. A Slytherin student, Vincent Crabbe serves as one of Draco Malfoy's minions but is as helped by his size as he is fatally flawed by his dimness. An accomplice to the Death Eaters, Crabbe's wizard powers — and his distaste for Harry — increase throughout the "Potter" series."

Readers will recall of course that Jamie Waylett is a long time friend to us here at Leaky. As distressing as this news is for us personally as we do believe this to be accurate, we can only imagine how upsetting this news is for his family, close friends, and of course his fans. At this time we do not know how this may impact his future role in the Harry Potter series, with filming ongoing for Deathly Hallows, and notably his involvement in the future filming of the dramatic scenes involving Crabbe in the Room of Requirement.  Warner Bros has declined to comment as of now on this matter, and we are continuing to work to learn more on this report; more when we get it!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Legal News

Merlin36_thumb

shakes head disapprovingly

Posted by FanaticFangirl on April 08, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
76234_1490362014606_1100640100_31136626_1593032_n_thumb

omg i didnt want to believe it on PerezHilton!!!

Posted by oOo Vetty oOo [ROAR] iL0VESEAMUS on April 08, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator

Oh no!! Why would he do that? WHY? I hope that DH is not affected…

Posted by umbridge_is_great on April 08, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
5_thumb

awww no Jamie!

Posted by hopkinsdancr22 on April 08, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Davidtennant_thumb

Well, I for one hope that, if he is guilty, then he is given a proper punishment.

Drugs are bad after all, no matter who you are and whether you take it or make it. It’s disappointing though to see him falling into this business. One would expect him to learn better, especially after all those reports before.

Posted by thereshegoes on April 08, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I really hope it isn’t true.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 08, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Hopefully this will be a wake up call and he’ll straighten out his life. With so much going for him, it’s sad that he’s made such a bad choice.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 08, 2009, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

This might sound weird to some, but of all the things he could have arrested for, I am happy that it was only on charges of possessing an illegal substance (believed to be cannabis). Of all the terrible things to be arrested for, this is very, very, very low on my list. I would be much more upset if was arrested for something like assault or (especially) drunk driving. Right now, I just think he is incredibly stupid.

Posted by Miss Freewind on April 08, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Swan_thumb

I wish for his sake it wasn’t so widely publicised (at least Leaky can do it with respect and not act like the tabloids do; smelling blood). Cannabis eh? As much as I discourage it I have to say that I don’t know anyone who hasn’t tried it…Big deal…Not…

Posted by Kalin [WBM] on April 08, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is horrible that this had to happen. It is a shame that he had to be found with this stuff. I only can hope and pray that he improves his behavior.

Posted by Kirk on April 08, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
London_028_thumb

I’m genuinely upset that fans are trying to defend him. Drugs are Drugs.

Posted by Cian on April 08, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Mollyfied_thumb

Hello Kalin, I’m Kathy, and I have never, in my 42 years, tried marijuana.
Let us not forget what simply being caught with a smoking apparatus has done to Michael Phelps’ career recently, let alone the kid who used to be the Dell spokesman. Remember him? The “Dude, you’re getting a Dell!” guy? Pot bust cost him his spokesmanship for the product line. And I do believe both of these were minor possession charges. What’s being reported in this case is massive amounts, amounts concurrent with intent to sell in many cases. Kind of a big deal, actually. This could be far more disastrous for Jamie than either Michael Phelps or the Dell kid endured.

Posted by Whisperwing*ROAR!* on April 08, 2009, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

:( This is so saddening. I hope he straightens himself out soon…

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 08, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator

I’m more disturbed that everyone is so ‘disturbed’ by this than I am that he smokes weed. I mean, he’s a teenager – a rich teenager – and I see no reason he wouldn’t experiment just like all teenagers do with weed or alcohol. shrug I do find it disconcerting that he had eight bags in the car, simply because that implies that he might be selling it – No, no, Jamie. Grow for yourself, keep for yourself. Do not go turning into a drug dealer. Your parents apparently didn’t teach you where ‘right’ ends and ‘wrong’ begins. If you want to smoke pot, by all means have a ball – it’s much better for the body than other drugs, like alcohol – but don’t go selling it, especially when you have all the money you could ever want already! At least he wasn’t drinking and driving (only complete dolts do that!)

Posted by Mazzy on April 08, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

For my part, I’m terribly upset that fans seem to be attacking him and shaking their heads disapprovingly. “Tsk tsk tsk”? “Seems fitting since he’s a Deatheater.” How horrible! For my part, I give only sympathy and support. After all, if we or our children mess up, it’s only known throughout the community. A relatively minor actor in a series of children’s movies? It’s all over the freakin’ world. You want him to pay? Believe me, he’s paying. I only hope this doesn’t ruin his career and relationships.

Posted by angelcakes on April 08, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator

"Very well," Professor McGonagall promted him as he paused, "so you found out where the entrance was -- breaking a hundred school rules into pieces along the way, I might add -- but how on [i]earth[/i] did you all get out of there alive, Potter?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014