Variety: Ralph Fiennes to Begin Deathly Hallows Production "In the Fall"

DH Film
April 08, 2009, 08:19 PM

Another update tonight regarding the possible filming schedule for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, this regarding actor Ralph Fiennes. Variety reports tonight the actor, who is reportedly in advanced negotiations to appear in the remake of "Clash of the Titans," is trying to work his schedule as "the thesp wants to squeeze in all these commitments before returning to his role as uber-villain Voldemort in the final Harry Potter installment, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II," which begins production in the fall."

Readers will remember too that in late December of last year we heard from actor Alan Rickman who mentioned working with Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) for those pivotal and dramatic scenes at the end of Deathly Hallows, noting filming for those scenes would take place later this year.  As we reported previously too, Ralph Fiennes also spoke several times last year on his character of Voldemort; worth a re-read are his comments on the psychology of Voldemort.

In one last fun related note, it seems that the Dark Lord will be making an appearance with Professor Trelawney of sorts as Variety also reports that Ralph Fiennes "will also take on an uncredited cameo in Working Title's sequel to 2005 hit "Nanny McPhee," in which Emma Thompson will reprise her role as a magical governess."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Jack-o-lanterns_thumb

Wait, Part II??? What about Part I? That’s pretty important too. Imagine the first half of DH without Voldy!! shudders at the thought…

Posted by Hermione Weasley on April 08, 2009, 08:22 PM report to moderator

I cannot wait to see the Voldy/Snape scenes! Sue, you are on a roll today with the news-gettin!

Posted by AubNoelle on April 08, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator

I’m so excited! Ralph is my favorite actor, I would love to see him in Clash of the Titans!

Posted by Lily Phoenix on April 08, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

they start filming deathly hallows 2 in the fall?!? omg its so soon :((

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on April 08, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Ralph is so handsome … that’s all I need to say really. LOL :)

Posted by Christine on April 08, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-10-29_at_12

Voldemort! Voldemort! Oh, Voldy Voldy Voldy Voldemort!!!!

This is awesome! But no appearances in Part 1? Interesting.

Posted by KatherineWeasley on April 08, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

OK…now I might rent Nanny McPhee II ;)

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 08, 2009, 08:51 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

@Katherine {ROAR}; LOL Now I can’t get that sone out of my head!!! LOL

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 08, 2009, 08:52 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Yah! Why DH Part 2 only? He also had an appearance in the beginning on which him and other Death Eaters tortured a Hogwarts Female Professor and Voldy had an important scene in Godric’s Hollows (Bathilda Bagshot’s house).

Posted by EnricoDc on April 08, 2009, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Merlin36_thumb

Well, Voldy wouldn’t be in Prt1, would he? So it would make sense that he would only appear in Prt2. I can’t wait for the Voldy/snape scene though.

Posted by FanaticFangirl on April 08, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Emma-vs-01_copy_thumb

I think, in regards to the Pt II comment, they are filming his few scenes in Pt 1 at the same time as the Pt II so they just said Pt II.

Posted by Leo_Lovegood on April 08, 2009, 09:15 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

I’m sure he’ll appear in DH Part I as well, sometimes these news articles don’t get everything right or miss things.

Posted by PaintTheSky on April 08, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Harryhbp-1_thumb

I sure hope they just messed that up by saying “Part 2”, because part 1 will be kind of crappy if he’s not in it at all.
Voldy is in part 1!! What about Seven Potters….where LV almost nabs Harry? What about Godric’s Hollow? (assuming that is in part 1 and not after the split). LV has to be in part 1 at least a couple of times!

Posted by katana on April 08, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

It seems unreal that they’re already talking about filming the last movie. So exciting! And yet sad at the same time….

I’m definitely seeing the Nanny McPhee sequel now, too. Ralph Fiennes is awesome. :)

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on April 08, 2009, 10:18 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I wish they expand the scene on which Harry’s parents both killed in Godric’s Hollows. They appeared in a flashback…
& i agree with katana that Voldemort appeared a couple of times since the 1st chapter of the book, most scenes of Voldemort are seen by Harry through his forehead scar.

Posted by EnricoDc on April 08, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator

"Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of [i]Witch Weekly[/i]'s Most-Charming-Smile Award -- but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by [i]smilin

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014