Variety: Ralph Fiennes to Begin Deathly Hallows Production "In the Fall"

DH Film
April 08, 2009, 08:19 PM

Another update tonight regarding the possible filming schedule for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, this regarding actor Ralph Fiennes. Variety reports tonight the actor, who is reportedly in advanced negotiations to appear in the remake of "Clash of the Titans," is trying to work his schedule as "the thesp wants to squeeze in all these commitments before returning to his role as uber-villain Voldemort in the final Harry Potter installment, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II," which begins production in the fall."

Readers will remember too that in late December of last year we heard from actor Alan Rickman who mentioned working with Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) for those pivotal and dramatic scenes at the end of Deathly Hallows, noting filming for those scenes would take place later this year.  As we reported previously too, Ralph Fiennes also spoke several times last year on his character of Voldemort; worth a re-read are his comments on the psychology of Voldemort.

In one last fun related note, it seems that the Dark Lord will be making an appearance with Professor Trelawney of sorts as Variety also reports that Ralph Fiennes "will also take on an uncredited cameo in Working Title's sequel to 2005 hit "Nanny McPhee," in which Emma Thompson will reprise her role as a magical governess."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Cool. Can’t wait to see him in DH.

Posted by badger666 on April 08, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
15ppnr5_thumb

Voldemort has a huge role in DH part 1 & 2! Are they just going to skip all the visions that Harry has as well as the close calls? I was hoping that they would sort of show both stories Voldy’s search for the Elder Wand through Harry’s vision, don’t we think they are important to represent?

Posted by KimmyZ on April 08, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

They’re doing a remake of Clash of the Titans? I’m both horrified and slightly intrigued….

Posted by fantasylover12001 on April 09, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

i heard a rumor that after Deathly Hallows, they will make a movie that focus on Quidditch World Cup (it means that the entire movie is showing a long Quidditch Match), also still Daniel Radcliffe will play as Harry Potter (Seeker).
I wish it will came true.

Posted by EnricoDc on April 09, 2009, 01:05 AM report to moderator
N1585320109_30028278_6922_thumb

I don’t think I could handle a whole movie of Quidditch…

Posted by Kelsey on April 09, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I am so glad he will see Voldemort to the end! Although I hope that some info is just incomplete at the moment. I hope the opening chapter of DH hasn’t been completely chopped out?!?!

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 09, 2009, 01:29 AM report to moderator

Both HPDH Part 1 and HPDH Part 2 will be shot simultaneously, so they will split the whole footage during editing… so he will appear in part one also.

Posted by Bunty on April 09, 2009, 03:28 AM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

ok cool :)

<<—- Add Me On Myleaky _

Posted by NoeLover42 on April 09, 2009, 03:52 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Yay! I can’t wait for more news about Voldy! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 09, 2009, 04:13 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

The who must not be named is going to be in Nanny McPhee? Why can’t Emma T take some time off to be in both too!!!

They’re guna be filming in the fall!!! Squeel..! I’m SOOOO excited and Moldy looks so handsome… do you think they use him in the Princes Tale Sequence?

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 09, 2009, 04:37 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Thats great… so soon. I don’t want it to dead. I want my mum to take me to the premier for the last HP movie ever!! So far it looks as if I won’t even be seeing the movie at the cinema. We’’re one of the people who don’t seem to have much money.

Hey what happened to the drug article… its gone.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 09, 2009, 05:08 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Soz ignore my last comment I just realised its at the lower page. xD

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 09, 2009, 05:09 AM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

oh my gosh, every time i hear news about filming my impatience gets worse and worse!!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 09, 2009, 05:22 AM report to moderator
Hp01_thumb

Yay cant wait =) Ralph Fiennes is soo coool!

Posted by Frances Anne on April 09, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator
Hp01_thumb

Yay cant wait =) Ralph Fiennes is soo coool!

Posted by Frances Anne on April 09, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator

"Oh, are you a [i]prefect,[/i] Percy?" said one of the twins, with an air of great surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014