Leaky Lounge Book Club Reading Updates

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
May 03, 2009, 03:04 PM

Two of our Book Clubs hosted over on the Leaky Lounge forums have opened up readings of two new books starting today.  First up, our Harry Potter Book Club has now started their reading of the forth novel in author J. K. Rowling's series, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  Secondly, Jo's Book Nook, home of our Non-Harry Potter book club, has chosen the Charles Dickens classic David Copperfield as their next reading group selection.  This book is available for purchase via our own Cauldron Shop.  Both of these communal book readings are open to all registered MyLeaky members and feature in-depth discussions about both of these novels.  Join in now with your fellow Lounge members to take part in this most fun and thought-provoking reading group discussion.  Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Images_thumb

Wish I had more time…

Posted by loony_slytherin on May 04, 2009, 09:26 AM report to moderator

I wish I could take part in these.. I’m just too busy!

Posted by jenbabe705 on May 04, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

GOF was my favorite HP book until I read Deathly Hallows. I loved the fact that Harry, Ron, and Hermione began to experience all that teen angst in GOF. I loved it!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 04, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

That is really weird. I started reading David Copperfield a few weeks ago and I didn’t even know it had been chosen for the Book Nook. And that’s happened a few times. Apparently, I have a knack for that.

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on May 04, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

Cool!! :)

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on May 04, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Dickens writing style has always been tough for me. When I read “Oliver Twist”, I had to plod thru the first several chapters before I felt comfortable with his style. But I love that he chose to write about the downtrodden. Many of his contemporaries, like Jane Austen, focused on the British upper classes. I love Austen. She’s one of my all-time favorite writers, but Dickens stories are truly haunting and I will keep plodding on.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 04, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Metallica---ninja-star-poster-c10282759_thumb

Awesome news

Posted by Ascendancy on May 04, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator

cool, I just started reading GoF again!

Posted by kenmarekestrels93 {{ROAR}} on May 04, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_7_thumb

I’m going to check this out.

Posted by AngelasCrochetingCorner on May 05, 2009, 05:12 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Awesome!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on May 05, 2009, 09:04 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I have been so absorbed in my leaky I forgot about the book clubs :(

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on May 05, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

wow this is great. I’m going to go right away

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on May 07, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Brent_river_2_thumb

Cool love GOF just finished not to long ago!!

Posted by Big B [ROAR FTW] on May 09, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator

"How could Rita Skeeter have known...?"[br]"Known what?" said Ron quickly. "You [i]haven't[/i] been mixing up Love Potions, have you?"[br]"Don't be stupid," Hermione snapped...