Audio Previews of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Soundtrack Now Online

HBP Film
June 19, 2009, 08:07 PM

We have a bit of a treat tonight, as fans can now preview the soundtrack for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince through ring tones. If you go to this link to Virgin Mobile, then select a phone, you can type in "Harry Potter" in the search box, and will get a selection of 14 second previews from the score to HBP composed by Nicholas Hooper. Without revealing too many spoilers, the music ranges in sweeping soaring sounds, to lovely romance (with even a bit of a harp) to the whimsical for the Slug Club, and in a standout, the Weasley Wheezes theme consists of a fabulous nod to the swing and jazz era of late, similar to what we heard with Lupin's class in Prisoner of Azkaban. Enjoy!
Update: The previews are also available here via AT & T Media Mall and now thanks to Chris, here via Youtube.
Thanks ever so much Michael!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

250px-youre-a-wizard

Wow!

Posted by EnricoDc on June 19, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

finally, i get my 15 minutes of fame on leaky news!!! lol and Thank you ever so much for posting it Sue, my hufflepuff comrade! :)

Posted by michaelabraham on June 19, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator

Sweet!!

Posted by MaidOfAwesome on June 19, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

Very interesting! I think that Nicholas Hooper let loose this time and did a better job… at least I wish!! (not that I didn’t like his previous score, it is just that it was a little quiet)

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on June 19, 2009, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Me_at_eyecon_thumb

I already can see that “Dumbledore’s Farewell” is going to make me cry…I hope this one is just as good as the HBP Video Game Soundtrack, which I love!

Posted by hmrpotter on June 19, 2009, 08:30 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Oh. My. Gosh. I love “The Friends” and “Dumbledore’s Farewell”. Oh dear, I’m on the verge of tears. The second page doesn’t work for me though :( And I’m DYING to hear “When Ginny Kissed Harry”

Oh gosh.

Posted by Christine on June 19, 2009, 08:36 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Oh! the Slug Party Theme seems like a Reggae music, 1st time in HP movies. =)

Posted by EnricoDc on June 19, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

i have a Mac and am also having trouble listening to the previews

Posted by kingdom on June 19, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator

I loved “When Ginny Kissed Harry” and “The Story Begins”!! I really want to see this movie!!!

Posted by coolbeans3131 on June 19, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

the problem is that Mac’s don’t run on Window’s Media Player, they run with the QuickTime Player instead… oh well i guess

Posted by kingdom on June 19, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Emma-vs-01_copy_thumb

Ugh. Well someone I know said they’re downloading them and getting them up on youtube so it’s alright.

Posted by Leo_Lovegood on June 19, 2009, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

it won’play on my comp. booo. i wanna listen!!!!!!

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on June 19, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Green_avatar_thumb

Oh my gosh, these songs are amazing! I absolutly loved Inferi in the Firestorm. Like Kirk said, thanks for linking this!

Posted by 3 Weasley Twin (ROAR!) ~{WWW Employee}~ on June 19, 2009, 09:01 PM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

cool

Posted by placebowiz on June 19, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Hey Guys, At&t has them for preview as well on their Media Mall, so try that for everyone using a Mac. Also, make sure to check with your own Cellular Carrier to see if the songs are available.

Posted by michaelabraham on June 19, 2009, 09:07 PM report to moderator

"Godfather?" sputtered Uncle Vernon. "You haven't got a godfather!"[br]"Yes, I have," said Harry brightly. "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch