J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

COOOOOOOOOL! i want a twitter now!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on September 25, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

COOOOOOOOOL! i want a twitter now!!!!!!!!!!

User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

COOOOOOOOOL! i want a twitter now!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on September 25, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

COOOOOOOOOL! i want a twitter now!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on September 25, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Oh my days !!! Never been so excited about a twitter account. Made my day! wooooooooooooooooooooooopings to hearing from jkr even if it’s a one of twitter!! :D:D Pen and paper her priority!? Now that has to be good news! Woooo go jk :D

Posted by spiritbound on September 25, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Poor Jo..having to open an account in order to stop others impersonating her..

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 25, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

sweet im fallowing her fallowers are adding up like crazy

Posted by Horcruxalej on September 25, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

Wow! That’s very cool.

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on September 25, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

OMG OMG OMG.
JO HAS A TWITTER!
This just made my week!

Posted by Christine on September 25, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

OMG!! SSSSSSSSQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEE!!
IM SO EXCITED! im fallowing Jo Rowling on twitter! i cant believe i just typed that!!
AND SHE IS WRITTING!!!!! We so love you Jo!
xoxoxox

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 25, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

I think this is my favourite FOLLOW moment EVERRR!!!!

So awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Linnyish on September 25, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Shes writing that means she is probaly working on the Scottish book!!

Posted by The Nerd on September 25, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
A_tom_felton_july_23_2011b_thumb

I’m so excited I can follow Jo now! I’m so happy she joined Twitter!

Posted by HollyLime on September 25, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

cool

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on September 25, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

This is why I love TLC. Accurate reporting and going straight to the source!! Yay for Leaky being cited in the Associated Press!! :)

Posted by RavenclawDancer on September 25, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator

...Lockhart's disgusting cheeriness, his hints that he had always thought Hagrid was no good, his confidence that the whole business was now at an end, irritated Harry so much that he yearned to throw [i]Gadding with Ghouls[/i] right in Lockhart's stupid