J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Lothlorien_thumb

Ah HA! Look, my friends: Leaky broke the news first! AP, via MSNBC, credits THIS WEBSITE for being the first to report Jo’s Twitter account! You GO, Leaky!

Posted by Zhandarq on September 26, 2009, 12:27 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

@Zhandarq, that’s amazing! Go Leaky! :-)

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 26, 2009, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Great!! so exciting =D

Posted by Nicci Weasley on September 26, 2009, 05:19 AM report to moderator

PEN AND PAPER MY PRIORITY’!!!!!! AH SHE IS WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on September 26, 2009, 05:46 AM report to moderator
Pb116179_thumb

i’m with dark lord hector, i’m just excited that pen and paper are her priority right now! especially seeing as though i live in the US and she doesn’t, so it’s not like i could stalk her even if i wanted to.

i hope leaky will keep us updated if we miss anything important that she’s twittered, like “writing an even better series at the local starbucks”….

Posted by DoVe_PaTrOnUs *-GFTC-* on September 26, 2009, 05:52 AM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Oooooo, awesome!!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on September 26, 2009, 06:10 AM report to moderator
Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

She’s writing!! That is so awesome. So sad that she won’t be ‘tweeting endlessly’ though..

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on September 26, 2009, 06:25 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I am so happy she is writing, hopefully it is the Scottish Book, going to have to open a Twitter account.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on September 26, 2009, 06:31 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

AWSOME!!!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on September 26, 2009, 06:39 AM report to moderator
Granger_thumb

YAY! I am now following her, and I’m so glad that she joined!

Posted by bjullie on September 26, 2009, 08:19 AM report to moderator
Me_002_thumb

That is so fantastic!

Posted by mimi meila on September 26, 2009, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Smart_ravenclaw_mock_thumb

my mom made me get rid of my twitter so I can’t follow her :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Posted by readhp1008 on September 26, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator

This is really great!!! I’m following her although she won’t be often there! Actually, I’m not often there, either! ;)

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on September 26, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Avatars_books_quotes_feb07_thumb

YESYES! She’ll definitely be the most followed person in Twitter!

Posted by BlueOwl4 on September 26, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

….. pen and paper is my priority at the moment…
Great , she is writing something, I wish the news told us several weeks ago that Jo was working on Harry Potter encyclopedia!!!!!!!!
Anyway I’ll keep looking at her Twitter and if she would be writing I’ll regestrait!!!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on September 26, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

It happened in a flash of steely talons; Malfoy let out a high-pitched scream and next moment, Hagrid was wrestling Buckbeak back into his collar as he strained to get at Malfoy, who lay curled in the grass, blood blossoming over his robes.[br]"I'm dying!