Additional Videos from J. K. Rowling's Interview on the Oprah Winfrey Show Available

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
October 03, 2010, 08:23 PM

Oprah Winfrey's website now has some footage from her interview with J. K. Rowling that did not air during the show:

"Living in a Potter Household"
"The Long Road to Success"
"J. K. Rowling's Aha! Moment" - can you spot the reference to "Harry, A History" here? :)
"A Special Fan Letter to J. K. Rowling"

You can see the complete interview here. Thanks very much to Yardly for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

First! Amazing! I can’t wait to watch this!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on October 03, 2010, 09:06 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

That is SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There’s more!

Posted by i_am_hermione on October 03, 2010, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

sweet gotta watch em all

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 03, 2010, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Wow these were great

Posted by Katie_Lily on October 03, 2010, 10:34 PM report to moderator

I’m really glad I saw this interview because… well, I’m going to sound really stupid but it’s helped me see her as more human. I don’t think I’m alone in this, but the way it’s always been for me is that, because the morals and ideas and things in the book are all things that I aspire to — and especially because I love to write — Jo has always seemed to me like the absolute most incredible being ever, hardly human at all.

I thought… how could she have come up with a world so perfect?! how could somebody human write something like that?! And I wanted so badly to be able to live up to all that, because I’d been reading the books my whole life and I’ve always wanted to be a writer too…

I’ve never met her; I don’t know her; obviously she IS human. The interview showed that a little bit more, I think, and that was really helpful for me at least.

Posted by Libby on October 03, 2010, 10:57 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Thanks for telling us Leaky! I hope there will be more of these little bits from the interview.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 03, 2010, 11:15 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

@saskiam i agree wholeheartedly.

im glad that even though these few bits of the interview weren’t in the “full” interview that aired on TV, someone (a very smart someone) at Oprah thought to put them online instead of tucking them away in someone’s computer files. they are lovely little bits of thought from jo and im thankful to that person :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on October 04, 2010, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Aughra-avatar-photo_thumb

Sweet!

Posted by aughra on October 04, 2010, 03:33 AM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

I loved the interview and this little bits make me live it more.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on October 04, 2010, 07:02 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

it so good to get more of this! I hope there are few more! :D hm,so Jo receives only really special letters. wow. if I ever decide to write one, it must be really something.

Posted by Matea on October 04, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

Wow, the special fan letter wa

Posted by lollifant on October 04, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

Wow, the special fan letter was heartbreaking… We’re studying mitochondrial diseases in class and it’s really interesting, but hearing about a patient having it is hard… And there isn’t yet much known about these diseases…
I really love Jo, what a great person!

Posted by lollifant on October 04, 2010, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

“and I wrote about this in the forward…” FORWARD? WHAT FORWARD? In WHAT BOOK? YOUR BOOK, MELISSA!!! THAT IS SO COOL! Too bad it was only the tiniest reference and not explained in fuller context. I wish Oprah would have asked about that or discussed it a little more. That still is pretty cool for those of us who know what she’s talking about! YAY MELISSA! :

Posted by eiVega on October 04, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome! Thank you!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 04, 2010, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

Loved the interview and the additional bits! As someone said, in the other item, this should be put on DVD, with all the additional bits, of course!
A few years ago, I was surprised that Jo still had not been on the Oprah Show, and not even when DH came out. Only the tiniest mention of Sorcerer’s Stone many years ago, and a book column in O Magazine, but Oprah has made up for this now.
Btw, Leaky, you’re the best!! For putting it up in the galleries so soon, because I really thought I would have to wait at least half a year, and I’d have to keep a close eye on every Oprah Show broadcast here in the Netherlands, so I wouldn’t miss it. So thanks heaps!

PS eiVega, I agree. Yay Melissa!

Posted by Tarana on October 04, 2010, 06:22 PM report to moderator

"I went to see Professor McGonagall this morning, just before breakfast. I've decided to drop Muggle Studies."[br]"But you passed your exam with three hundred and twenty percent!" said Ron.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014