"Deathly Hallows" Anecdotes from Ciaran Hinds, Rhys Ifans and Jason Isaacs

HP Cast
Posted by: Rosi
March 01, 2010, 11:20 AM

Actors Ciarán Hinds (Aberforth Dumbledore),  Rhys Ifans (Xenophilius Lovegood) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) have shared anecdotes from the filming of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" with ComingSoon.net. Firstly, Hinds describes his role in the film as "just one scene with a little dialogue to give some exposition about Dumbledore's past life" and spoke of Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) as "very charming, very gracious, made you feel very welcome." The Aberforth actor also comments:

I saw [director David Yates] working with the younger ones, giving them little pointers, never pushing, just suggesting about development, and here I am, part of what everyone has to offer. You really have to say they're confident and they know who they are, they know what they're doing and we have to ask if we're alright.
Rhys Ifans mentions that he is "really genuinely proud to have been invited to be part of that whole machine," and describes it as a "surreal situation to be in." Quotage:
You get on set and you see all these actors who you've either admired from afar or more often than not, actors you've worked with before, all sitting there, dressed up as wizards, having wand-offs[.]
Jason Isaacs was interviewed separately and said his experience filming the saga was "magnificent":
There's nothing greater than sitting around on a Harry Potter set when you're not filming and listening to the likes of Julie Walters and Maggie Smith and Michael Gambon and Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent tell stories, and watching everybody chew the scenery up in the few moments you get on screen as well, trying to out-ham each other.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

The-moose_thumb

I totally love how these actors are all excited and proud to be a part of the HP movies. It’s so cool and, real nice to know that they are as enthusiastic as we are :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 01, 2010, 11:38 AM report to moderator

Has there ever been a more extraordinarily talented troupe of actors assembled than for the Harry Potter franchise? And it really impresses me that the actors humbly realize this and they consider themselves the fortunate ones. It seems that the newest cast members are just giddy! :-) When all is said and done and the franchise comes to its end they can all proudly claim their spot in cinematic history!

Posted by IrishCat on March 01, 2010, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I can just imagine Rhys Ifans giving a wonderfully eccentric performance as Mr. Lovegood. He is a versatile actor.

I can see what Ciaran Hinds means. The established characters just get on with the plot whereas the pop-in or previously unseen characters need to ask for guidance from the director to be sure that their portrayal slots in perfectly with the rest of the ensemble and the director’s vision. We can’t expect actors under these circumstances to be as familiar with the Potterverse as a fan would be.

Posted by Graymayne on March 01, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

wow dude its making DH release seem so much closer
i cant wait

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 01, 2010, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Sounds awesome! What I wouldn’t give to be a member of the cast or crew!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on March 01, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I love how all the adult actors are so happy to be included in these films. It is an honor and joy for them. It’s so cute to see grown-ups having fun with this. I’m glad they can also appreciate the work.

Posted by eiVega on March 01, 2010, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

Wow, it really seems like they are as enthusiastic as we are about the whole Harry Potter saga!!

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on March 01, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

How cool it would have been to come to the set and see the whole filming process!!! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on March 01, 2010, 01:33 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

~I wish all us fans could see the films being made. It’s the one instance where seeing behind the scenes would still be as magical as the films themselves.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 01, 2010, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I would love to be a harry potter actor… even an extra!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 01, 2010, 03:14 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awwwwww I so wish I could be there! LOL.So cool =]

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on March 01, 2010, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Img_4237_thumb

I’m so happy they appreciate it!

Posted by Taylor on March 01, 2010, 08:20 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I look forward to seeing the contributions they all make to the last two films!

Posted by Kirk on March 01, 2010, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

Such a great group of actors in these films! Its sooo excitting : )

Posted by Beckster235 on March 01, 2010, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I specially loved the comment made by Jason Isaacs. Couldn’t agree more! And he mentions my favorite cast in that comment: Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith and Julie Walters are magnificent… And Bill Nighy! I just love him! He’s so funny!

Posted by Madam Snape on March 01, 2010, 09:43 PM report to moderator

"To business, Harry," said Riddle, still smiling broadly. "Twice -- in [i]your[/i] past, in [i]my[/i] future -- have we met. And twice I failed to kill you. [i]How did you survive?[/i] Tell me everything. The longer you talk," he added softly, "the longer

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014