Bill Nighy Talks "Deathly Hallows" to ITN

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 08, 2010, 04:04 PM

Bill Nighy has appeared in a video on ITN's YouTube channel in which he discusses his role in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." The actor, who portrays Rufus Scrimgeour, spoke to the network briefly about the film, commenting that he was "pleased to be in it, and pleased to be working with Dan, Rupert and Emma, and with David Yates, the director, who I've worked with a great deal." Nighy described the set as "big, massive [and] friendly," partly as he "grew up with most of the people in it." "I thought I was going to be the only actor of a certain age who wasn't in Harry Potter," continued the actor, "and it turns out not to be the case so it's kind of cool."

Although he couldn't reveal his upcoming projects, Nighy also mentioned the upcoming release of "Wild Target," in which he stars alongside Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emily Blunt ("The Devil Wears Prada," "The Young Victoria"). You can find the video on YouTube at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_thumb

reunion awww

Posted by BellatrixGranger on March 08, 2010, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wowow

Posted by alicia00 on March 08, 2010, 04:31 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I like Bill Nighy! He was amazing in “The boat that rocked”!
I definitely want to see “Wild Target” but it’s difficult to find it anywhere… Will it be distributed in Europe? Or when it will be released on DVD?
And has anybody already seen it?

Posted by Pollytomat on March 08, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I think they need to do an interview with everyone in differnt age groups from all the past films. That way we can see how muck it inpacted them.

Posted by The Nerd on March 08, 2010, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wild Target sounds really good! I really want to see it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 08, 2010, 04:38 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

his face looks very much like how i pictured scrimgeour. i have never seen anything with him in it (that i know of) so he is kind of a mystery to me…judging by previous comments, he seems like a pretty cool guy…cant wait for dh to see him act :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on March 08, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator

I reckon he’ll do an excellent job as Scrimgeour. At least they’ve been getting the most of the casting right!

Posted by Smonocco on March 08, 2010, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

He was in Underworld. He was good in that.

Posted by decarus on March 08, 2010, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

another great add to the cast

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 08, 2010, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

They’re actually going to add Rufus Scrimegeour to the movie? I didn’t think they would………well, I guess it cause I’ve been so used to watching the movie way off from the book. Anyways, that’s great!

Avatar1_thumb

I just loved him in Love Actually. It featured a brazilian actor, Rodrigo Santoro, who was also in Charlie’s Angels Full Throtle, so I loved the movie all the better (being brazilian myself, we don’t get much credit out there).

It would be nice to see him portray Rufus Scrimgeour, a more serious/dark part, since I’m used to seing him more as a comic actor.

Posted by Madam Snape on March 08, 2010, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

Bill Nighy rocks my SPEW socks!

Posted by DylanAqua on March 08, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator

Pollytomat, Wild Target is scheduled to be released on April 23 in the UK, the same day as Rupert’s other film Cherrybomb.

Lucky UK!!! I’ve seen CB, but not WT. I know someone who has, she enjoyed it…

Posted by AJWC1 on March 08, 2010, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to see him perform as Rufus Scrimgeour!

Posted by Kirk on March 08, 2010, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Llamaflyiong_thumb

Billy Nighy is an amazing actor. I can’t really think of anything that I’ve seen him in that has been bad. I’m definitley looking forward to seeing him as Scrimgeour.

Posted by lurking_llama on March 08, 2010, 09:06 PM report to moderator

...he rounded another corner and found himself facing a Blast-Ended Skrewt.[br]Cedric was right -- it [i]was[/i] enormous. Ten feet long, it looked more like a giant scorpion than anything. Its long sting was curled over its back. Its thick armor glinted