Putting Leaky Back into the Cauldron

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
April 02, 2010, 02:40 AM

As it's now April 2nd, we should probably come clean: As awesome as Glee is, we could never abandon that bespectacled boy wizard named Harry Potter and are still very much hosting LeakyCon 2011 in Orlando, Florida from July 13-17.  April Fools' Day is Leaky's traditional outlet for a day of well-mannered frivolity and, this year, Glee offered us the perfect soundtrack for the occasion.

April Fools' Day may be over, but Glee fans need not be disappointed: the site is here to stay.  The spoof has become the real Glee fan site, GleeCast.net.  Glee returns to the air April 13th, and the site will be frequently updated with features as that day approaches.

All of Leaky's events are the collaborative effort of a massive team of the most talented and dedicated people on the web.  April Fools' 2010 is no exception.  Please join me in thanking:

John Noe and Nick Poulden, for creating and programming our GleekyNews.com page; Alex Robbin, for his technical contributions in creating GleekyCon.com; our Leaky Lounge Tech Admin Rudi Gerber, for turning our traditional Harry Potter Common Room into a Glee Classroom; and Mods Sandara, Abbey, and all those who took vigilant watch over the GleekyLounge today.

Creating a new genre of music would not have been possible without help from the Ministry of Magic's Luke Conard and the Parselmouths' Kristina Horner, who, together, form ALLCAPS; Matt Maggiacomo from the Whomping Willows; and Alex Carpenter from the Remus Lupins.  Many, many thanks to you all!

Thanks also to Mr. Eastham's twelfth period band class at Buckeye Valley High School and Gleeky Girls Emily Edwards, Hannah Brooks, Rachel Spain and Christine Kimble.

Last but certainly not least today would not have been possible had it not been for two people: Jordan Edwards and Devan Kestel.  This awesome duo first conceived the idea of GleekyCon and helped design, edit, reedit, resize, upload, write, code, compose, film, debug, render, photoshop, and bring this event to life in innumerable and extraordinary ways.

Jordan works as the Lead Graphic Designer for LeakyCon 2011's Media and Communications Team, while Devan is its Lead Technical Guru.  Their work ethic is second to none and-- let me tell you-- if you liked what you saw today, just you wait till you see what they have in store for you for LeakyCon 2011.  It is a true honor to call these two people my colleagues here at Leaky.

Time now for a steaming hot Triple Plenta Non-Fat Capp from Starbucks, for the real LeakyCon 2011 updates are on their way; stay close Leaky and LeakyCon.com for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

15092010472_thumb

FIRST COMMENT!!! OH MY GAWD !! GREAT TO SEE MYLEAKY BACK EVEN THOUGH IT WAS UNDER THE VEIL ALL THE TIME!! WHICH TIME DOES LEAKY FOLLOW THOUGH??

Posted by sourav || ROAR || on April 02, 2010, 03:15 AM report to moderator

I am so glad you’re back – you gave me quite a fright yesterday, it took several minutes of panic and scanning the Glee website before I realized that it’s April fools day!

Good opportunity to thank you for your great work though – love my leaky!

Posted by Zhiyal on April 02, 2010, 03:22 AM report to moderator
Hornt_thumb

MYLEAKY! I LOVE YOU! Wow, even though I knew it was april fools day, i still got scared..

Posted by Mirror on April 02, 2010, 03:32 AM report to moderator
06_thumb

i knew it’s april fools’ joke! it sort of scared me though. hadn’t been to TLC for sometime and suddenly when i’m there BOOM it turned to Gleeky! it scared me for like ten mins then i realised…. HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY! :):):)

Posted by SevSnape on April 02, 2010, 03:51 AM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

ah!! April fool’s day joke.. Haha
gah, that scared me so much! Believe it or not, ended up crying!
I forgot yesterday was april 1 :))))

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on April 02, 2010, 04:03 AM report to moderator

I reconized it as an April Fool’s prank right away, but I still enjoyed it! (btw, love the graphic!)

Posted by lazykitty on April 02, 2010, 04:09 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

I’m happy that it was just a joke!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on April 02, 2010, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

I freaked out at first before I remembered it was April Fool’s Day. Great job to everyone here on MyLeaky you’d have made Fred and George very proud indeed. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on April 02, 2010, 04:32 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

Btw a lot of Harry Potter sites did prank this yesterday like mugglenet and HPFF but none were as good as Gleeky. :D

Posted by LunaLuver on April 02, 2010, 04:33 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

right when i saw gleeky i remembered it was april fools day, but i am very happy to know the real leaky is back and running! 24 hours is much too long to go without tlc! :O i was quite at a loss. occasionally i clicked my bookmark tab intending to check news, before i remembered leaky had been taken over. glad you are back tlc!!! :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 02, 2010, 05:24 AM report to moderator

The first time I saw Gleeky Cauldron I thought my computer wasn’t at the right state and I really can’t understand cause here in our country we don’t celebrate April Fools Day (but I’ve heard of it). Thank God I remembered it because other sites also says that it’s April Fools Day but yeah, it fooled me…

Posted by ***ROAR***elysssagranger****HPDH**** on April 02, 2010, 05:27 AM report to moderator
2d8jjls_thumb

THANK GOD YOU’RE BACK!!!!!!!!!
i had believed and gone totally outraged until i read the comments and found out it was the April Fool’s day joke :)
i was SO relieved then ;)
but awesome joke, totally got me. Fred and George would be so proud :D

Posted by jasmineflower27 on April 02, 2010, 05:27 AM report to moderator
91276076-92c0d0bb89d5acf6cf757ac328660480

You got me! I was freaked out until looked at the comments and realized it was April fools day :L I think may have tweeted in protest.

Posted by Mischief_Managed *Roar* on April 02, 2010, 05:40 AM report to moderator

Gleeky was great. I was really wondering what you would be doing this year.

Is there any way of seeing April Fools pranks from past years, like the Memerson joke? The Lounge has all the related threads for every prank, but I’m sure we would all like to see the original jokes again.

Posted by CatAlly on April 02, 2010, 05:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

THANK THE GODS, YOU’RE BACK!! I got so worried!! I though Glee just hacked into The Leaky Cauldron and claimed the site as theirs!! And then my sister just reminded me about April Fool’s Day. You gits!! I was so worried!! Nice prank though. =D

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on April 02, 2010, 06:04 AM report to moderator

"...two Muggles have lost fingers and are now in St. Mungo's for emergency bone regrowth and memory modification. Just think of it, Muggles in St. Mungo's! I wonder which ward they're in?"[br]And he looked eagerly around as though hoping to see a signpost

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014