John Hurt Talks Return as Ollivander in "Deathly Hallows"

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 15, 2010, 01:20 PM

The Times Online has published a short Q & A interview with actor John Hurt (Ollivander), in which the venerable performer relates his impressions of the many aspects of his life, both onscreen and off.  In the article, John Hurt discusses the role of Ollivander in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, as well as what it was like to return to the series after his extended gap between the first and last films.  Quoteagae:

The franchise
It’s very strange really. I did the first one and thought that would be it. Nobody knew whether it was going to be successful. When I came back last December to do the last two, suddenly everybody’s grown up. Daniel’s 20. It’s very peculiar.
Potter fans
Thanks to SS for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Casey_close_up_thumb

I’m glad he is back. I am not glad he is being tortured, but hopefully he will be rescued quickly. Of course he will. He really should have been in Goblet of Fire to check the wands. That would have been a cool scene.

Posted by JKMcGonagall on May 15, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awww.“They’re crazy about Ollivander — they love him! I’m not sure they will when they see the next one when he’s being tortured. I’ve never been pestered for an autograph. I get asked — usually by parents because the children are a bit too shy to ask. But I’ve never been pestered; I have a very good class of fan.” so true (the part about loving him).Hehehe =D ♥

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on May 15, 2010, 01:57 PM report to moderator
0202001511baw_thumb

I can’t wait to see his performance in DH! :)

Posted by marie243cm on May 15, 2010, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Frangipani_flowers_thumb

I can’t either! i’m sure he’ll be amazing in DH!

Posted by gingersnape on May 15, 2010, 02:00 PM report to moderator

i love john hurt! he’s so awesome! my dad once saw him walking up the high street! i was so annoyed he didn’t get me is autograph!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on May 15, 2010, 02:04 PM report to moderator

He is really great as Olivander, i think
Well thank god he is back!

Posted by Kourtis on May 15, 2010, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

It must be so strange for him to talk to Dan again after 10 years, and him being 20. :)

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on May 15, 2010, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

He is a very good Ollivander and I can’t wait to see him in DH!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 15, 2010, 02:57 PM report to moderator
L_926084_f2a13d7d_thumb

Ollivander rocks. My friend named his cat after him.

Posted by hedwig potter on May 15, 2010, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lphabmv2ob1qcqbbso1_500_thumb

Oh I love him =) I’m so happy he returned for DH, Ollivander’s such a lovely character.

Posted by Bech7Raven [WBM] on May 15, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

It’s actually great that Ollivander is coming back for the Deathly Hallows. I love his eccentric personality and right now the movie needs a little weird.

26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

oh cool

Posted by LilLadySnape on May 15, 2010, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

I do not know how they would have done some of the seens without him. So of course I am really happy is going to be in the DH movies.

Posted by Roseann on May 15, 2010, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

he’s right you know
we do love him

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on May 15, 2010, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_1_movie_poster_thumb

I know how that feel to see some people after 10 years. Of course they’re all change a lot. But I’m glad to see he’s back. Can’t wait to see his performance at DH. :)

Posted by RavenCha-Potter on May 16, 2010, 12:56 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Neville jumped down, shaking, but Luna dismounted [her thestral] smoothly.[br]"Where do we go from here, then?" she asked Harry in a politely interested voice, as though this was all a rather interesting day-trip.