EW: Harry Potter One of the Greatest Characters of the Last Twenty Years

HP References
Posted by: Edward
May 27, 2010, 12:41 PM

Entertainment Weekly has complied their list of the 100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 Years to commemorate the magazine's twentieth anniversary, and has included the character of Harry Potter on that ranking.  Coming in at number two, the boy who lived joined such other venerable characters as Homer Simpson, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Edward Scissorhands.  Harry Potter actor Dan Radcliffe is quoted in the article as saying:

"The books will be around for decades to come which makes me wonder if in 30 years time, we will be seeing remakes of all these movies. I have a very dark suspicion that that will happen, although I don’t particularly want it to!"
EW: If you could have spent your adolescence playing any other character, who would it be?
Daniel Radcliffe: "I was always unbelievably jealous of Tobey Maguire playing Spider-Man. I do think Spidey is the coolest of the superheroes."
The top ten list of the 100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 Years is as follows:
1)       Homer Simpson – The Ultimate D’Oh boy.
2)       Harry Potter – The Wiz Kid
3)       Buffy
4)       Tony Soprano – The toughest family man.
5)       The Joker
6)       Rachel Green – The girl next door who’ll be our best Friend forever
7)       Edward Scissorhands – The sharpest dresser
8)       Hannibal Lecter – A doctor who put the gore in gourmand.
9)       Carrie Bradshaw – The sleek city slicker.
10)     Spongebob Squarepants
The full lis will be available in the June 4 issue of Entertainment Weekly is set to be on newsstands May 28.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP References News

Ootp_tumblr_thumb

FIRST YES!! i can’t believe homer simpson got first, though. hp deserved to be on top. ah well.

Posted by hermy007 on May 27, 2010, 01:03 PM report to moderator
2vjooj9_thumb

Cool. :]

Posted by nyteflite on May 27, 2010, 01:22 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

I concur with Dan. It seems remakes of everything are inevitable these days…let’s just hope they don’t go the way of ‘Clash of the Titans’

Posted by PaintTheSky on May 27, 2010, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

haha…geez…why do I always find in my life that Harry Potter and the Simpsons are so intertwined? My career and my passion are everywhere! I guess I just can’t avoid either one of them! :)

Posted by eiVega on May 27, 2010, 01:40 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

aww he should have been on top !!

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on May 27, 2010, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

Harry Potter is No. 1 in my book, sorry Homer. But yay anyway!

Posted by mollywobbles23 on May 27, 2010, 01:49 PM report to moderator

Homer and Harry are both EPIC characters.
End of story!!!

Posted by Evagirl on May 27, 2010, 01:54 PM report to moderator

OHHHHMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD I STARTED SCREAMIG AT THIS NEWS
AWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE YEHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HARRY IS 2nd HARRY IS 2nd HARRY IS 2nd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by LIFETIMEPOTTERFAN on May 27, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

Harry lost out to HOMER SIMPSON?? Give me a break. I might have been okay with someone truly awesome, like Jack Sparrow or Buzz Lightyear or Jack Shephard or someone, but Homer Simpson is just ridiculous.

Posted by RavenclawDancer on May 27, 2010, 02:11 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

Excuse me, but Spongebob Squarepants in the first 10?? Why?

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on May 27, 2010, 02:41 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

Excuse me, but Spongebob Squarepants in the first 10?? Why?

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on May 27, 2010, 02:41 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

Well earned

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on May 27, 2010, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I do think Harry should be #1 if only because he excited so many children about reading again! If they do remakes of the movies in the future, I hope they stick with British actors.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 27, 2010, 02:49 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

oh sweet man

Posted by LilLadySnape on May 27, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

Harry potter certainly deserved the #1 spot..nevertheless its cool to be at 2nd:-) and why isn’t spiderman in top 10??
this is nuts!
well dan got it right..even i have a feeling that there will be a remake within 30 years..fingers crossed:-))

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on May 27, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

He bent down and pulled his wand out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.[br]"Urgh -- troll boogers."