Deathly Hallows Casting: Teddy Lupin and Young Sirius Black Cast for "Deathly Hallows" Films

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 25, 2010, 10:16 PM

The talent agency of A&J Management has updated the online resume of actor Luke Newberry to note that he will be portraying the role of Teddy Lupin in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  During filming of the Epilogue sequence last month in London, Mr. Newberry can be seen entering the set for the film.  Images from this bit of filming can be found in our galleries here.  In addition to this, word has come online that the young actor  Rohan Gotobed is said to be playing the role Young Sirius Black in the second part of the "Deathly Hallows" film.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" is set for release November 19, while "Part II" will arrive in theaters July 15, 2011.

Thanks to SS for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

He looks ok I hope they at least have his hair a different color like blue that would be cool.

Posted by dobby_rocks on June 26, 2010, 01:36 AM report to moderator

Hmmm…but what about young Snape and Lily? Any casting news on that? I mean young Snape is a lot more important than young Sirius.

Posted by badger666 on June 26, 2010, 01:50 AM report to moderator
26097981_thumb

@badger666: That’s exactly what I thought when I saw this! Although I must say I like the look of young Sirius.

Posted by jenge {Meredith Mooncloud} ~ [ITC!] on June 26, 2010, 02:01 AM report to moderator

They also need a young Sirius for the scene where Harry is walking to sacrifice himself and he uses the resurrection stone. In the book it says that Sirius was younger than when Harry knew him.

Posted by supporterofSPEW on June 26, 2010, 02:12 AM report to moderator

Okay… I take that back. I just saw the picture and that is WAY younger than what I thought they meant.

Posted by supporterofSPEW on June 26, 2010, 02:13 AM report to moderator
Dt_thumb

Sirius in “The Prince’s Tale”:

‘Who wants to be in Slytherin? I think I’d leave, wouldn’t you?’ James asked the boy lounging on the seats opposite him, and with a jolt, Harry realized that it was Sirius. Sirius did not smile.
‘My whole family have been in Slytherin,’ he said.
‘Blimey,’ said James, ‘and I thought you seemed all right!’
Sirius grinned.
‘Maybe I’ll break the tradition. Where are you heading, if you’ve got the choice?’
James lifted an invisible sword.
‘“Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart!” Like my dad.’
Snape made a small, disparaging noise. James turned on him.
‘Got a problem with that?’
‘No,’ said Snape, though his slight sneer said otherwise. ‘If you’d rather be brawny than brainy—’
‘Where’re you hoping to go, seeing as you’re neither?’ interjected Sirius.
James roared with laughter. Lily sat up, rather flushed, and looked from James to Sirius in dislike.
‘Come on, Severus, let’s find another compartment.’
“Oooooo …”
James and Sirius imitated her lofty voice; James tried to trip Snape as he passed.
‘See ya, Snivellus!’ a voice called, as the compartment door slammed. . .
And the scene dissolved once more …

J,K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (London, 2007), p. 539.

Posted by Informal on June 26, 2010, 05:00 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Rohan, GO TO BED! Lol! :P

But siriusly (siriusly, LOL) this is fantastic casting! Rohan looks so much like Gary Oldman, he’s perfect! And Teddy looks okay. I hope he isn’t ginger in the film, he looks alot like a Weasley.

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on June 26, 2010, 05:29 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

The guy playing teddy looks kind of like lupin to me,cool

Posted by IloveDobby on June 26, 2010, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I can absolutely see Rohan Gotobed (you’ve gotta love that name) as Young Sirius sitting on the train with the soon-to-be-Marauders and young Sevvie and Lils. I really like Luke Newberry as well but if they don’t give him turquoise hair, I’m going to sue. :)

Posted by DeliaDee on June 26, 2010, 08:10 AM report to moderator

Im so excited! Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Draco look really good as old people :P Hopefully {by the looks of it} their kids look awesome too!

Posted by AndreaB09 on June 26, 2010, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Wow – this is so awesome. The young Sirius .. purrr.

3667972_thumb

I can definitely see Rohan playing the young Sirius… he looks just like him!

Posted by har1020 on June 26, 2010, 09:08 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

both look cute! I wish Teddy was pink or purple! :D

Posted by Matea on June 26, 2010, 09:15 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Young Sirius seems quite naughty.. really very Sirius-ish. :)

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on June 26, 2010, 10:27 AM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

awwweee

Posted by LilLadySnape on June 26, 2010, 10:39 AM report to moderator

"FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!" screamed Mrs. Weasley. "THERE WAS NO NEED -- I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS -- JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANDS OUT FOR EVERY TINY LITTLE THING!"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014