Rowling's Original Handwritten Chamber of Secrets Manuscripts on Display at Book Festival

Harry Potter and the Philosophers / Sorcerers Stone
Posted by: Rosi
September 19, 2010, 01:22 AM

J.K. Rowling's original and signed manuscripts from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will be on display at the Wigtown Book Festival from today, according to a report in The Scotsman. Framed handwritten pages from the second book, including edited-out Ballad of Nearly Headless Nick, will be on display at ReadingLasses bookshop in Wigtown, Scotland.

The manuscripts, donated by the Harry Potter author to the Scottish Language Dictionaries in 2005 to help fund a new Scottish language dictionary, now belong to book collector and publisher Ilyas Khan. The Wigtown Book Festival runs until the 2nd of October; you can find out more information about what's on here at the Wigtown Book Festival website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry Potter and the Philosophers / Sorcerers Stone News

354970789b_thumb

Wow! I would LOVE to see that!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 19, 2010, 01:27 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Ah, another sacred item that I would love to see/read in person. Dang, I’m jealous of the person who own it.

Posted by leigia on September 19, 2010, 01:51 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Now i really envy Ilyas Khan. What a lucky person. Sad i cant see that

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 19, 2010, 02:03 AM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

I want to see..

Posted by blessi on September 19, 2010, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Anime_thumb

I wish i could be there to see that.

Posted by Susmita singh on September 19, 2010, 03:27 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Wow! I would LOVE to see that!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 19, 2010, 05:11 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

WOOOOW! That would be a-maz-ing to see!

Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Oh, I wish I could get there! Suckage =(

Posted by eccentricalice on September 19, 2010, 06:48 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

If only I lived in Scotland…. :(

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 19, 2010, 07:44 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

I went to Scotland this summer, a pity I missed that… I would love to see those manuscripts! Awesome!

Posted by lollifant on September 19, 2010, 07:45 AM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Oh i’ll be in scotland when that’s on.. wonder if the weather will be nice enough to take the bike down and have a look that would be Fab!

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on September 19, 2010, 10:09 AM report to moderator

I’d, like, kill to see that. It’s creepy I was reading CoS eariler today and found this out! If I lived in Scotland I’d drive to there right now and paintly wait to see the manusrcipts!

Posted by hp931 on September 19, 2010, 10:09 AM report to moderator

LUCKY !!!!!!! Darth Snunkiebrian you must show us all if you see! Vuiodeo tape the exprirence!

Posted by hp931 on September 19, 2010, 10:10 AM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

I wish i could go and see it! The chamber of secrets is my favorite book :)

Posted by JK.jr. on September 19, 2010, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Posted by beautiful_hermione on September 19, 2010, 11:00 AM report to moderator

"Detention, Weasley," Snape said silkily, his face very close to Ron's. "And if I ever hear you criticize the way I teach a class again, you will be very sorry indeed."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014