The Oprah Winfrey Show Looking for Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Rosi
September 08, 2010, 07:33 PM

The Oprah Show is searching for Harry Potter fans willing to appear on the programme to talk about how J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter series has inspired them or their family. A short description on the application to appear on the show reads as follows:

Are you or your children obsessed with the Harry Potter series? Have you read all the books and seen all the movies multiple times? How has the series helped you bond with your children or parents? Has J.K.'s rags to riches journey as a single mother-turned-billionaire inspired you? Has her story motivated you to write, start your own business or try something you've only dreamed about before?
What life lessons has the Harry Potter series taught you? Did reading about the death of Harry's parents helped you cope with loss in your own life? Have the books helped you escape from a difficult time in your own life? If you could ask J.K. Rowling a question, what would it be?
Read the full description and write in to the programme at this link on the Oprah website. There is currently no indication of when this episode will air.

Many thanks to our friends at MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Upclose_of_me_thumb

FIRST! Very cool… I am definitely going to share my story!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 08, 2010, 07:44 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

OMG this is so awesome!!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on September 08, 2010, 08:08 PM report to moderator

Well they didn’t help cope with death or anything but they have definiatly been a part of my life since I was 9!

Posted by doughboy6390 on September 08, 2010, 08:10 PM report to moderator
218013_10150157243293459_46389518458_6655174_5491948_n_thumb

It’s really good, Oprah is excellent !ยง!

Posted by HogwartsHP on September 08, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator

awesome!! I really want to be on it! lol!

Posted by on September 08, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

asking JK questions is like an endless list for most of us she should be careful what she asks for she may just get a 64 page application

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 08, 2010, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

@ZachBlazk right haha xPP I wanna do this!!!!

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on September 08, 2010, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

Black

Beckett_thumb

if only i lived in America……..oh well.

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on September 08, 2010, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

OMG that is so AWESOME!!!

Posted by SlyBones on September 08, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

I know I won’t be able to go on the show because I’m in the UK, but the site lets you submit your story no matter what country you are from. So I have submitted mine!

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on September 08, 2010, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

That’s really cool!

Posted by Jacket on September 08, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator
300

That is really cool. I think I will try to do it.

Posted by Hermione Granger -Weasley on September 08, 2010, 09:23 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

So cool! I wish I can do it!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 08, 2010, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Lilyfoxcaps_thumb

I’m not going to do it, because I’m not old enough, and I don’t want to be on TV, but how I would love to be in the audience.
I vote Andrew Slack, or at least someone from the HPA, to apply. XD

I hope whoever gets chosen will represent our fandom well, and really show how Harry Potter has affected individuals, families, and the world. I’m sure they will, of course, because HP fans are just awesome like that.
Best of luck to all who apply!

Posted by TurquoiseRose13 on September 08, 2010, 10:44 PM report to moderator

"There are other ways of flying than with broomsticks," said Luna serenely.[br]"I s'pose we're going to ride on the back of the Kacky Snorgle or whatever it is?" Ron demanded.[br]"The Crumple-Horned Snorkack can't fly," said Luna in a dignified voice...