"When Harry Left Hogwarts" Documentary to be Attached to "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" DVD

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
October 16, 2011, 06:57 PM

A forty-eight minute documentary featuring footage from the filming of the "Deathly Hallows" movies will be in the special features of the "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" blu-ray:

BAFTA award-winning filmmaker Morgan Matthews has been given unprecedented access to the creative decision making processes that have been kept as a closely guarded secret - until now. Hear the personal stories of the faces we know, and those we don't, as we come to the end of one of the most successful eras in cinema history.

You can see the trailer for this documentary here or below.

The blu-ray with this documentary will be sold exclusively at Target. "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on blu-ray and DVD on November 11th in the US.

Many thanks to Memoirs of a Fangirl for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Shaw__4__thumb

First I must say my usual “Damn you Hollywood executives for putting the cool stuff on Blu-Ray, and ignoring those of us with DVDs”

Secondly, it looks like a good piece of work, but I don’t think you can really show something truly behind-the-scenes about a four and a half hour movie on a 48 minute documentary.

Posted by HogwartsForever on October 16, 2011, 07:57 PM report to moderator

So excited for the Blu-Ray! :D

Posted by . on October 16, 2011, 07:59 PM report to moderator

Agree, it unfail that they don’t put this on the DVDs. I really don’t care to run out and buy a blu ray player in order to watch special features. Oh well, hopefully somone will post the documentary online :)

Posted by Lookatme_Always on October 16, 2011, 10:15 PM report to moderator

I will pay hundreds to see that agean!

Posted by Iloveromioneweasley on October 16, 2011, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

im seeing it friday at my campus one last time before it comes out on dvd…gonna sob like a lunatic. D:

Posted by hermy007 on October 17, 2011, 12:29 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

It looks amazing!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on October 17, 2011, 02:37 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That is so amazing!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 17, 2011, 04:43 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

It’ll probably be put on youtube but it’s still a bit silly how the DVD features are so rubbish.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 17, 2011, 06:36 AM report to moderator
1b6254349a584bd136e047f7ef09b20674abbb5_s_thumb

I am beginning to HATE Warner Brothers. First they are not releasing the UK DVD until early December despite it being a British productions and now they are only putting this documentary on Blu-ray which many of us don’t have and quite honestly there is no way I can afford it as I have a large collection of DVD’s which aren’t even available on Blu-ray yet.

Posted by GoldenGem on October 17, 2011, 08:33 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Why do they only put this on the Target one? :/

Normal_110616091247448843_thumb

@GoldenGem~ Regular DVDs can be played on Blu-ray players, you don’t need to buy them in blu-ray to watch them. When you watch regular DVDs on a bd player it improves the way they look :)

I think Target got the exclusive on this one because they didn’t get any exclusives with with DH1…but then that’s just my guess. I’ve already scheduled a vacation day so I can be at Target when they open ;)

Posted by brattyc on October 17, 2011, 09:50 AM report to moderator

While I admire their marketing campaign from the business aspect of it (being a business student), I’m a bit disappointed, and the earlier commenters have voiced my opinions already. This is a British book, written by a British author, made into a film acted by British actors, filmed in Britian, and the DVD is going to be released in America first…that doesn’t really make sense does it? As an American, I’m thrilled naturally, but I don’t think it’s fair for the British fans who love it as much as we do. If anything, America should get the December release. I can wait, I have school anyways. As for the Blu-Ray only release of the documentary, I’ll wait till it’s on YouTube, I don’t do anything Blu-Ray.

Posted by Huffletough on October 17, 2011, 10:09 AM report to moderator
1b6254349a584bd136e047f7ef09b20674abbb5_s_thumb

Thanks brattyc – I didn’t realise that however I have a load of things that need replacing in the house before I can consider blu-ray. :( Secret Hufflepuff, please don’t think I am asking for us Brits to get the DVD first, all I am asking is for it to be released to everyone on the same date and I can’t understand why Warner Bros don’t do that. Potter fans on both sides of the pond and indeed everywhere else in the world should be able to get a copy in November. Boo hiss to Warner Bros. :)

Posted by GoldenGem on October 17, 2011, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

It does seem very unfair that it will be released in the US before the UK. I wonder why they couldn’t release it to everyone on the same day.

Posted by AvanelleWood on October 17, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator

they force us…and i don t want to be forced

Posted by Giant Fairy on October 17, 2011, 12:41 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Fleur's not stupid, she was good enough to enter the Triwizard Tournament," said Harry.[br]"Not you as well!" said Hermione bitterly.[br]"I suppose you like the way Phlegm says ''Arry,' do you?" asked Ginny scornfully.