Followup: December 29th Last Day WB will Ship Current Harrry Potter Film Titles

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Edward
October 26, 2011, 11:31 AM

In a followup to Leaky's September 20th news that Warner Bros. would cease shipment of all eight "Harry Potter" films on BluRay and DVD starting December 29th, Deadline.com has posted a snippet containing further information about the decision.  They report:

"[Warner Bros. will stop] shipping all Harry Potter theatrical film titles (including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™ – Part 2, and Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection) as of December 29, 2011 (moratorium does not include digital – Electronic Sell-Through & VOD – or games).
This means that following the November 11th (December 2nd in the UK) release of these two new editions, fans of the series will have little over one month to purchase their copy of the eight film collection.  Fans, however, will still be able to purchase digital copies of the films through their preferred online medium.

Thanks to all who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

I only own the first and sixth films, I can’t ask Santa for all the others by Christmas! I’m warning you Warner…you’re in the end going to lose money. Harry Potter can’t be absent from the shelves, I’m signing that petition!

Posted by radishraven...WBM on October 28, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

I can’t believe they are doing that. That where I amost get my Harry Potter things.

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on October 28, 2011, 09:42 AM report to moderator

In Australia, they only released the Ultimate Editions for the first two movies. I haven’t even been able to get them in Blu Ray in the UK (they have the same Blu Ray format as us). I want all eight movies as Ultimate Editions in Blu Ray! It is grossly unfair that WB has only released the Ultimate Editions for Blu Ray in the US, and the rest of the world has not had access to them. Unlike DVD’s, there are no Region Free Blu Ray players at this time, so buying them from the US s pointless! How about the rest of the planet, WB? We love the movies too!

Posted by Aussie Ragdoll on October 28, 2011, 10:23 PM report to moderator

Leaky: You’ve got an extra “r” in your title (Harry Potter not Harrry Potter).

Posted by PotterAcumen on October 29, 2011, 12:34 AM report to moderator
1b6254349a584bd136e047f7ef09b20674abbb5_s_thumb

Yet another kick in the teeth from Warner Bros. The British fans will have less than a month to buy the last DVD but of course they have already shown how little they regard British fans by making us wait for DH2. I can tell them now that this will be the very last Warner Bros. film I will ever buy – not that they will ever live up to the Potter series again anyway. Hit them where it hurts – just don’t buy their products.

Posted by GoldenGem on October 29, 2011, 07:04 AM report to moderator
Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

This is ridiculous. Absolutely bloody ridiculous. I was considering not buying part two until the extended edition came out, and now, I am thinking I won’t buy it at all, just to spite them. I have the one scene I want, and the rest of the movie is in my head. Stupid bloody WB.

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on October 29, 2011, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Glenfinnan_viaduct_cropped_thumb

I think the buried lead in this story is that this is the 1st indication that blu-ray is going to be as obsolete as DVD. I’ve been putting off buying a blu-ray player, and now it looks like I won’t have to. This also marks the death of movie rental places, which is a pity. Must everything only be available in digital form?

Posted by yankinmadrid on November 02, 2011, 08:03 AM report to moderator

"And that complete [i]cow[/i] Pansy Parkinson," said Hermione viciously. "How she got to be a prefect when she's thicker than a concussed troll..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014