Video: Alan Rickman in "Seminar"

Rickman
Posted by: Mel
November 21, 2011, 07:32 PM

Thanks again to the efforts of Leaky reader WeenyOwl, we now have a video of Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) in his new Broadway play "Seminar":

Our favorite acid-tongued professor is back!... sort of. Alan Rickman stars as an intimidating teacher in Theresa Rebeck's Broadway play, "Seminar," bringing back fond memories of his turn as another intimidating teacher, Professor Snape. The play marks Rickman's return to Broadway -- his last role was in 2002's "Private Lives," which is currently undergoing a revival starring Kim Cattrall and Paul Gross. He's been keeping busy on the stage elsewhere, though, most recently starring in Henrik Ibsen's "John Gabriel Borkman" at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.

Readers should be advised that there is some language used in the clip that may be inappropriate for minors. You can watch the video here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

Good for him :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 21, 2011, 08:44 PM report to moderator

That’s great! Harry Potter stars must love theater. xD

Posted by . on November 21, 2011, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Love Alan Rickman – too bad I’m on the other coast or I’d try to go see the play.

Posted by Eeyore on November 22, 2011, 01:53 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

I’d love to see good old Snape in a play, I’d love to see Dan too. But sadly I’m on the other side of the country. :(

Posted by LunaLuver on November 22, 2011, 02:17 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

lol loved that, thanks for sharing leaky

Posted by mencia on November 22, 2011, 04:27 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very nice.. At least they didn’t make him say: “By Grabthar’s Hammer…” loool…
Nice one WeenyOwl… ;+)

Posted by Won_Two on November 22, 2011, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I’m so excited that I’ve got tickets to see this in February! I’m taking my tennaged son who has been bitten by the acting bug, so he can learn from a true master. : )

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on November 22, 2011, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Er, make that ‘teenaged.’

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on November 22, 2011, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Er, make that ‘teenaged.’

Alanphotoavatar_thumb

It’s great that Alan is doing another comedy on Boadway. ◕‿◕ кγяϟταℓкяỉϟ ✎ ω♭м ♫ мz ۞ я/ђяღ Alan started out in theater and never thought he would be in movies till Die Hard came along. I think he’s underrated in comedy too. I’ve seen him in 2 plays and he has such stage preseance. WeenyOwl, I’m sure your son will learn a lot.
My avatar is me with Alan after 2002’s Private Lives and he signed it for me after John Gabrial Borkman last year. :) Don’t know yet whether I’ll be able to see him in Seminar or not yet.

Posted by potions fan on November 23, 2011, 03:12 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy, a Comet Two Sixty?" Ron grinned at Harry. "Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."[br]"What would you know about it, Weasley, you couldn't afford half the handle," Malfoy snapp