Leaky's Coverage from "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Press Conference in London

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
July 06, 2011, 03:00 PM

A press conference with the cast and crew of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" took place in London today. Those in attendance included Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, Ralph Fiennes, Bonnie Wright, Evanna Lynch, Helen McCrory, Michael Gambon, Robbie Coltrane, Julie Walters, James and Oliver Phelps, Natalia Tena, Domhall Gleeson, Nick Moran, Warwick Davis, David Yates, David Heyman and David Barron. Daniel Radcliffe was not able to make it, but will be present at tomorrow's world premiere.

A photocall took place before the press conference, and images are now up in the Leaky galleries.

Leaky was on hand at the event and live-tweeted several of the questions & answers that took place. Highlights are below! Stay tuned for full audio later.

Dan is not here, so an pre-recorded interview is now playing. Dan will fly back to UK for 36 hours to attend the premiere.

"I don't have to torture myself and get naked," Dan on his Broadway experience this time around.

Dan on DH2: "lightyears ahead any of the films in the series"

Dan on what he'll miss: "I will miss most the crew, really, and the cast as well. Some of my best friends in the world.
I'll also miss some of the stuff I get to do as Harry. I don't naturally have the frame or stature of an action hero, so it's a gift."

"I think he should get nominations for best supporting actor:" Dan on Alan Rickman's performance.

Yates: "It's a great privaiage to be working with the world's best cast in history"

Rupert: "I don't think I've come to terms with the end. I've been feeling a bit lost.
To have it come down to this one film, it is quite sad."

"After this last film ended, I started to get this itch that i'm ready to go back now, and I realised I wasn't," Emma on ending the series

Yates on no Oscar noms yet: "We've all made peace with that in a way, there are so many other things to enjoy...Being connected to fans, such a global community, That's more compensation than a row of trophies."

Biggest turning point? Rupert: "For me it was these last two films. Ron has awlways been quite complicated guy"

Robbie on what he'll miss most "The journey of being a man 50/60 is very different from being in your 20s"

"Hagird was a thoroughly good man and this is the first time in my career that I've played a throughout good man. That was a bit of an eye opener for me. Imagine how much acting was needed there." -Robbie

Q to Emma: How much pressure do you feel beig a role model for children? Being a good girl role model? "Hermione is such a fine young woman that growing up beside her bef pushed me in that direction" - Emma

Favorite line? "Hello beautiful" Nick Moran / Davis: "Winggardium leviosa. (SP) / Evanna "You're just as sane as I am." / Isaacs: Dan saying "Don't worry I will be." / Felton: "My father will hear about this" / Fiennes: "I can touch you now." / Emma: "I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to to get us in toubel or worse expelled." / Gambon: "Harry..." in the platform in the train station, he felt like crying. / Lewis: "Why is it always me?" / James: "Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother?" or "Mischief Managed"

Isaccs: "it always upsets me when they say franchises... because this is one story that's taken ten years to tell.

Gambon "I'm so wonderful to have been offered a part in a film that's been done over 7 years."

Evanna on leaving Luna behind: "I really feel so lucky to be Luna, she was my fav character

Emma's best memory "Getting to work with Helena Bonham Carter.. both when she tortured me and when we she played me"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Buckbeak_thumb

All over soon. :(

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 06, 2011, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I must say I was most surprised by Michael Gambon’s favorite line; I didn’t think anything in HP moved him really. Glad to know it did. (And I got teary just thinking about that line!)

Posted by izziewitch on July 06, 2011, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Wonderful comments from all the cast, and they good great as always. :) Shame Dan couldnt have been there for this.

Posted by LunaLuver on July 06, 2011, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Close_up_thumb

I love all of these favorite lines. It’s so funny to see how much they loved the series, and how it overlaps so greatly with the fan base.

Posted by HelloWorld on July 06, 2011, 09:26 PM report to moderator
475968_thumb

As I was bored at work this afternoon, I followed the press conference tweets on my droid. I must say, since I was following Leaky, MN, and Fiction Alley all at the same time – Leaky had the superior coverage. Thanks, guys, for the great tweets. Felt like I was there!

Posted by TarsieS (FTC) on July 06, 2011, 09:29 PM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

Favorite lines? Alan Rickman to Jo, “thanks for all of it.” Brendan Gleeson / Madeye Moody, “He might have mentioned it.” (… not using transfiguration as punishment)

Posted by Madeye Carl on July 06, 2011, 10:10 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Kinda confused on Gambon’s line… I don’t remember it. And really? One word as you’re fave line you’ve ever said?
I wish Flitwick was in the movies more, but sadly, I don’t remember him saying much besides that one Charms lesson in SS.
Of course, I love that Fred line.
And one of my fave Hermione lines as well!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on July 07, 2011, 02:04 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That was so awesome!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 07, 2011, 06:59 AM report to moderator

love all this :D cannot wait til the audio is up cause everything is so much better when you here the tone in which they said it…and their accents :)

Posted by bailey.lottes on July 07, 2011, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Pink_pig_dancing_avatar_by_quadraro-d3bwd5v_thumb

I’d love the audio on this because we’ll get to here the emotion and the accents from the characters. I’m so excited:)

Posted by SimplySophia on July 07, 2011, 10:24 AM report to moderator

The press conference before the premiere is not the same without Dan, he always brought a lot of fun… but people in NY deserve to enjoy his work too, so it’s fine. :)

Posted by ethanHP on July 07, 2011, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

Where’s the audio?

Posted by Emmarose on July 07, 2011, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Awww dang missed it due to internet disconnection

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 08, 2011, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome interview!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 12, 2011, 08:10 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"My name is Professor Trelawney. You may not have seen me before. I find that descending too often into the hustle and bustle of the main school clouds my Inner Eye."