June’s Hogwarts Yearbook Contest
Jun 17, 2012
Posted by John Admin
Hogwarts Yearbook Contest
This contest idea was brought to us by the genius mind of Paint It Black!
This month your challenge is to design a page in the Hogwarts Yearbook.
(Technically 2 pages, side by side as you would see them in an open
book) The Galleries and Google are filled with images that could be used
to create a fantastic page, or if you’re more artistically talented you
can even draw all the characters by hand or with any computer drawing
program you wish.
You can make a page devoted to a particular Hogwarts House, to a
favorite subject, an extracurricular activity (Quidditch, anyone?), or
even a “Most likely to…” page featuring the “Cutest Couple”, the
“Class Clown”, most likely “to be minister of magic” one day etc. And
your idea can feature whichever era you like; anytime from the very
first year when the founders opened the school, to the age when Harry’s
own children began attending. Just make sure you stick to cannon, for
example having Lily and Snape on the same page would be correct, having
Tom Riddle (Voldemort) and Lupin on the same page would not, as they did
not attend Hogwarts at the same time. Good luck and get creative! We
can’t wait to see your entries.
*Please note that since we were late in presenting this contest that we
have extended the deadline for final entries to July 15th.
- Anyone 13 years of age and over may enter the contest, including staff members who are not involved in the judging process.
- One entry per person.
submissions must be the original work of a single contestant. Any
entries found to contain the work of another author will be
- All entries must meet PG-13 standards of decency and good taste.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
- The first place winner will receive a handcrafted wand (design changes each month) donated by Wizard Wood Wands,
as well as 200 MyLeaky points. Second, third, and honorable mention(s)
will receive 150, 100, and 50 MyLeaky points respectively.
- Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
- If you have any questions not answered in the FAQ, or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner Forum of The Leaky Lounge.
- Design a Hogwarts Yearbook page. You may draw, use
computer graphics, etc. Be creative. Then scan, or upload a picture of
your design and send it to us. A direct attachment or link is fine
- Please submit the image of your Yearbook page in any of .jpg, .png, or .gif file format that is no more than 2 MB in size.
submission must be e-mailed to email@example.com by 11:59
pm (EST) on 15 July, with “Yearbook” in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Please include a name to be used for authorship in the body of the email. You may use your real name or your Leaky Lounge name.
UPDATE: The winners have been posted! Congratulations to the following winners.
First place: Brittneyjh
Hogwarts most exceptionally talented…
Second place: Romulan
Third place: Nancy Menard