October’s Character Fear Origin Contest
Oct 01, 2012
Character Fear Origin Contest
This month as Ghost and Ghouls descend for their annual celebrations,
we’d like to take a closer look at some character fears and their
origins. Your task is to exercise your reporter skills by interviewing
any character from the Harry Potter Series, past or present, and find
out what they fear, and learn the story behind how that fear began.
For example, we all know that Ron fears spiders because his devilish
twin brothers Fred and George once transformed his teddy bear into one.
But what, pray tell, does McGonagall fear, or perhaps even little
Professor Flitwick, and surely the likes of Bellatrix Lestrange are not
beyond such primal weaknesses.
Once you’ve learned the truth please pass the story along to us in 500
words or less. And should you need help extracting the information from
shall we say a less than willing participant, there’s a storeroom on the
third floor of Hogwarts that’s been recently restocked with a fresh
supply of truth serum. Three drops should do it. Oh and in honor of our
dear Ron Weasley who inspired this little challenge, the password is
“Follow the Spiders”. Good Luck!
- Anyone 13 years of age and over may enter the contest, including staff members who are not involved in the judging process.
- One entry per person.
submissions must be the original work of a single contestant. Any
entries found to contain the work of another author will be
- All entries must meet PG-13 standards of decency and good taste.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
- The first place winner will receive a handcrafted wand (design changes each month) donated by Wizard Wood Wands,
as well as 200 MyLeaky points. Second, third, and honorable mention(s)
will receive 150, 100, and 50 MyLeaky points respectively.
- Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
- If you have any questions not answered in the FAQ, or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner Forum of The Leaky Lounge.
- In 500 words or less, reveal the fear of any one
- Your submission must be
e-mailed to [email protected] by 11:59 pm (EDT) on October
31st, with “Fear” in the subject line of the e-mail.
copy-paste your Entry into the body of the e-mail and include a name to
be used for authorship. You may use your real name or your Leaky
character from the Harry Potter series, by sharing with us the story of
how that fear originated for them.