Helena Bonham Carter's "Dream came true" in Playing Bellatrix

News
Posted by: Catherine
October 14, 2012, 10:34 AM

In a recent, brief interview, Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) commented on her role in Harry Potter. The actress told reporters of her dream to play a witch, and of the advice she liked to give younger actors on set (Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson). TV3 reports:

She said: ''That was my dream come true, playing a witch. My daughter asks me, 'Why do you always play baddies mama?'''

Playing the role made Helena known to many young girls and she thinks she sets a good example - because she enjoys her food.

She said: ''Am I a good example? Well, at least I'm not too thin. I eat.''

The actress is also a source of advice for her young 'Harry Potter' co-stars, recently advising Daniel Radcliffe during a discussion for Interview magazine, though he isn't the only star to come to her for help.

She said: ''I've had lots of conversations with Emma Watson too. She is very, very bright.''

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I think she is a good example of how you should be an individual instead of just following the herd, as well as the fact that she isn’t thin. She looks very well as she is, a proper womanly figure instead of trying to be a stick, she’s obviously got a healthy relationship with food, good for her. And I know people think she looks weird at times, but she is just being herself instead of obsessing about what other people think of her, I find her approach very refreshing.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on October 14, 2012, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I agree, I thinl Helena is a great rolemodle; be who you want to be and dont care waht other people think. She is one of my very favorite actresses. I’m looking forward to seeing her in The Lone Ranger next year with Johnny Depp. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on October 15, 2012, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

She is a hoot!

Posted by Won_Two on October 15, 2012, 07:31 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Love Helena. She’s was a wonderful Bellatrix (a character I hated more than Voldemort—-if that’s possible)

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on October 19, 2012, 09:20 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

It is a nice change to see someone who is comfortable with being different than what mainstream ‘Hollywood actors’ normally feel the need to look like. I think this trait brings more to her talent of acting and she can truly get into the character that she is playing.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on October 22, 2012, 10:40 AM report to moderator

It would be really fun to watch Dudley's dilemma; to taunt him, watch him, with him powerless to respond... and if any of the others tried hitting Harry, Harry was ready -- he had his wand... let them try... He'd love to vent some of his frustration on th

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014